PDA

View Full Version : Forms At The Buzzer?

coldcase1984
07-12-2016, 04:12 PM
Been meaning to SBS my old Narcotics 870 for more than a decade, and finally took the plunge today. Thought about doing my Benelli M2 Field, but I had a lot of operational time with this old all-steel 870 Magnum in the '90s.

Anybody else playing this week?

9075 9076

helothar
07-12-2016, 05:52 PM
did a form 1 for a 6920 on sunday, good thing too as now looks like eforms is down

GJM
07-12-2016, 07:08 PM
did a form 1 for a 6920 on sunday, good thing too as now looks like eforms is down

from their website:

eForms Outage

We have been experiencing issues with the eForms system the past few days. We are working to restore it to service soon, but we do not have an estimated time for return to service.

However, with the changes to the filing requirements resulting from Final Rule 41F (go to the ATF website (www.atf.gov) for information) becoming effective on July 13, 2016, you may wish to file a paper application. Please be aware that the effective date is set by the Final Rule and cannot be extended.

A PDF of the form 1 application is available on the ATF website (Firearms forms function) where it can be downloaded and completed to be filed to the address on the form. The form may also be found by clicking on the following link: https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/form/form-1-application-make-and-register-firearm-atf-form-53201/download

If the submission is postmarked prior to July 13, 2016, it will be processed under the current requirements. If postmarked on or after July 13, 2016, the new requirements will apply.

ASSISTANCE:
Please direct questions to the OST Customer Support Help Desk at 1-877-875-3723 or Helpdesk-OSTCS@atf.gov.

SeriousStudent
07-12-2016, 08:08 PM
All of my stuff is already in the works. I did seven Form 4's between December and last weekend, and finally got the first one back last week. Waiting on the other six.

I have done five Form 1's in the same time period, and got one of them back about two months ago, still waiting on the other four.

I have two more Form 1's I'm going to do, with the photos and prints. Sigh.

Patience is not a virtue, or is one widely acknowledged in my home. :(

LOKNLOD
07-12-2016, 08:19 PM
I've got two suppressors in form 3 limbo and they are going to put me over the deadline. I was bordering on squeaking an AK SBR in under the wire, but hesitated being undecided on the juice:squeeze value ratio... Had the cans been on time, I'd have probably done it just cause but now I'm on the hook for the new process anyway...

BWT
07-12-2016, 10:40 PM
I filed a Form 1 in early July. Once I saw the check cashed last week I was relieved because I knew A.) it was in their possession and B.) it was in process.

College has been my primary hobby for the last few years. So, I didn't go overboard with purchase but I did want a second SBR.

After I saw the 41P; I wasn't as concerned about panicking.

I have however bought about 30-40 AR-15 magazines and about 20 Glock magazines in the last two weeks.

God Bless,

Brandon

ETA: I went paper route because it's my first Form 1 and from what I understand they're much more forgiving. If I botched something in the filing; it would be easier to remedy.

voodoo_man
07-13-2016, 07:07 AM
Anyone have a direct link to the exact process for the photos and prints? I Just got some stuff I need to Form 4...

BWT
07-13-2016, 11:46 AM
Anyone have a direct link to the exact process for the photos and prints? I Just got some stuff I need to Form 4...

I haven't had a chance to go through the process but Silencerco released this today.

https://silencerco.com/blog/2016/07/13/easiest-way-buy-silencer-post-41f/

God Bless,

Brandon

coldcase1984
07-17-2016, 10:44 AM
Cash is tight so only did the SBS form at buzzer and the SBR on 10-22 back in December which cleared one day shy of five months.

Silencershop NFA photo/form booths are sposed to pop up at many of the stores thru which people ship or obtain silencers. According to its website the LGS is the place to do new forms.

voodoo_man
07-17-2016, 04:40 PM
I haven't had a chance to go through the process but Silencerco released this today.

https://silencerco.com/blog/2016/07/13/easiest-way-buy-silencer-post-41f/

God Bless,

Brandon

That's pretty good.

Now to change the language that makes anyone a "responsible person" to beneficiary...