PDA

View Full Version : Ben Stoeger 50 round test

Luke
07-12-2016, 09:29 AM
I found this creeping on Mr. Stoeger's journal and thought it was a cool test.

The test was meant to be shot cold and not a lot (think FAST).

The requirements are simple, one target, 25 yards of space, and 50 rounds. I recommend keeping the test conditions similar, that means always testing yourself at the beginning of a range session, before your practice starts, and always using the same type of target.

Your score on this test is simply the time of all strings added together plus any penalties for points down. (.1 second added per point dropped, don’t forget to add in 10 points down for a miss penalty should a shot miss entirely)

The start position for each string is hands relaxed at side. All strings start facing downrange except for two of them

From 7 yards, Draw and fire 6 rounds.

From 10 yards, Draw and fire 6 rounds with your weak hand only.

From 15 yards, Draw and fire 6 rounds with your strong hand only.

From 25 yards, Draw and fire 6 rounds.

From 10 yards, Draw and fire 2 rounds, reload and fire 2 more rounds, reload again and fire 2 more rounds.

From 25 yards, Draw and fire 2 rounds, reload and fire 2 more rounds, reload again and fire 2 more rounds.

From 15 yards, Draw and fire 2 rounds freestyle, then 2 rounds with your strong hand only, then transfer the gun and fire 2 rounds with your weak hand only

From 7 yards, Turn then draw and fire 2 rounds, reload and fire 2 more rounds

From 25 yards, Turn then draw and fire 2 rounds, reload and fire 2 more rounds

Luke
07-12-2016, 09:29 AM
I plan to shoot it today. I think everyone else should too, and come back and post your results.

Nephrology
07-12-2016, 09:36 AM
This is using a standard USPSA target?

Luke
07-12-2016, 10:06 AM
Yes, all though the point of the test is to keep track of progress over a period of time so I don't see why you couldn't use something else. But id say it will be a lot easier to score using something like a USPSA/IDPA target.