PDA

View Full Version : Form 1 eform question

GJM
07-09-2016, 12:34 PM
So I just submitted, via form, a form 1 for a SBR on a Colt. I screwed up, and left off "CAR" as the first part of the serial number.

Is there a way to edit it? I am concerned about the deadline next week, and don't want it rejected. Would rather file another submission with correct serial number, even if I lose the $200, to go through the hassle of new regs.

punkey71
07-09-2016, 01:25 PM
I would email Ted Clutter or call the ATF helpline. They actually ARE helpful. Explain your situation, and because of the deadline, request a cancellation of the original F1. Then resubmit the F1 correctly.

Warning - while the ATF has the ability to charge you $200 at the speed of light, it will be MONTHS for you to see a refund of the original $200. You'll get it...eventually.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GJM
07-09-2016, 01:28 PM
thank you

Josh Runkle
07-09-2016, 02:46 PM
I would just request for the form to be edited. It's much faster and doesn't require the whole process or additional money. Just ask to speak to your state's intern. (Examiner's assistant)

Shawn Dodson
07-09-2016, 05:47 PM
Deadline next week? Could this be something I should be concerned about? Could you explain? Thanks!

LOKNLOD
07-09-2016, 06:36 PM
Deadline next week? Could this be something I should be concerned about? Could you explain? Thanks!

Changes to the process due to ATF 41F.

punkey71
07-09-2016, 07:48 PM

Cliff notes -

For those using Trusts, you will be required to submit fingerprint parts, passport photos and complete background checks for all "responsible persons" named in the Trust.

Also, your Chief LEO will get a copy of your Form 1/4.

More info here - https://silencerco.com/blog/2016/02/11/buying-a-silencer-6-things-you-need-to-know-about-atf-41f/

Goes into affect July 13, 2016

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Casey
07-09-2016, 10:06 PM
I did the same thing last month. Sent in a question via the "Ask the Experts" tab at the top of the e-forms page. Took about a week and a half to get a response, but NFA Branch cancelled the application as I requested so that I could resubmit with the correct serial. Haven't seen my refund yet, though.

SeriousStudent
07-09-2016, 11:52 PM
I had a similar thing happen. It took right at 60 days to get the refund, but Ted was very helpful.