PDA

View Full Version : Les Baer Black Baer 9mm Sight Question

SandyC
07-07-2016, 12:43 PM
I recently ordered a Les Baer Black Baer and was told that I would not like the generic sights that they put on these. I had thought that I read that they came with night sights but my gun dealer tells me that they do not and that I will need to purchase night sites for an additional $250. Who's correct here?

41magfan
07-07-2016, 12:51 PM
This is the description details for the Black Baer from the website:

Standard features include:

Baer steel NM frame, NM slide and NM supported 9mm barrel with Baer stainless bushing • Slide fitted to frame • Baer deluxe fixed rear combat night sight • Baer dovetail front night sight ....... (bold emphasis mine)

theJanitor
07-07-2016, 01:11 PM
The picture on the website also shows the typical markings for tritium sights. The "generic" sights are Novak clones.

https://www.lesbaer.com/images/Black-Bear.jpg

HCM
07-07-2016, 01:17 PM
It sounds like your dealer is trying to sell you something.

Baers normally come with their house brand sights, they are copies of the Novak sites, I believe made by kensight with Trijicon tritium tubes.

The sight picture is a little tight (.125 wide front sight and .125 wide rear notch) if you have old yes but other wise they are fine.

M2CattleCo
07-07-2016, 02:30 PM
The Baer rears are, as mentioned, Kensight. The tritium version has shiny aluminum rings around the vials making for some obnoxious glare if the lighting gets just right. I'd go tritium front, plain rear. I think he'll open up the notch for you if you want. IIRC, they come with a .125" notch.

SecondsCount
07-07-2016, 04:11 PM
One other thing to know is that Les Baer pins the front sight. Nothing out of the ordinary it just makes the sight sturdier and adds complexity to the removal and re-installation.