PDA

View Full Version : Taran Tactical +2 for glock 43 reliability over a year

JustOneGun
06-30-2016, 03:51 PM
For those who have a Glock 43 and have a TT +2 with the extra power spring, is the set up still working? Approximately how long have you had the spring in?

I am specifically interested how the compressed spring works over the first year. I am thinking of buying a +2 with the extra spring and will change the spring yearly. I am just curious if the extra spring setup has failed after less than 12 months?

tanner
06-30-2016, 09:04 PM
Small and not specific sample size here.

I would guess around 400 rounds total through them once I got the new springs. Only malfunctions were with +P ammo. Once I read that was the problem, I have only shot 115 grain target ammo and 100 rounds of 124 grain Federal HST through it. No further malfunctions.

Don't think I have owned them for a year yet.

JustOneGun
07-01-2016, 01:22 PM
Small and not specific sample size here.

I would guess around 400 rounds total through them once I got the new springs. Only malfunctions were with +P ammo. Once I read that was the problem, I have only shot 115 grain target ammo and 100 rounds of 124 grain Federal HST through it. No further malfunctions.

Don't think I have owned them for a year yet.

obviously I will function test the pistol with any changes using the hollow point I carry. The biggest problem I've seen over the years is with the spring simply not working sooner rather than later. I change them every year whether they need to or not.

El Cid
07-01-2016, 08:07 PM
Have the TTI +2's even been out for a year? The G43 only came out in March or April of 2015 if I recall correctly. I've been using them since November or December. I have 565 rounds through the gun with zero issues, but I don't track the counts per mag. I have two of the +2's and one of the +1's.

I also intend to try a +3 soon for the rare event that I carry the 43 as a primary weapon. The +3 would be my spare mag.

tanner
07-01-2016, 08:45 PM
I also intend to try a +3 soon for the rare event that I carry the 43 as a primary weapon. The +3 would be my spare mag.

If I didn't shell out for four of the +2's already I would be interested in a +3. That was a ton of dough! Especially for a pistol that I rarely carry. If the new connector gets it to the point where I shoot it as well as I shot a borrowed 42 once, I might carry it more.

JustOneGun
07-02-2016, 08:10 AM
Have the TTI +2's even been out for a year? The G43 only came out in March or April of 2015 if I recall correctly. I've been using them since November or December. I have 565 rounds through the gun with zero issues, but I don't track the counts per mag. I have two of the +2's and one of the +1's.

Ha, I'm not even sure how long they have been out. You might be correct. I don't do round counts when it comes to mags. They either work or they don't. With a longer mag tube and an extra spring they might work but time will make it fail no matter what. If they fail at six months I don't want to change springs that often and would pass. Basically the extra space makes them wear out early. My inquiry was just trying to see if the plus spring takes care of that. Well maybe I will just have splurge and find out over the next year.

El Cid
07-02-2016, 08:39 AM
Ha, I'm not even sure how long they have been out. You might be correct. I don't do round counts when it comes to mags. They either work or they don't. With a longer mag tube and an extra spring they might work but time will make it fail no matter what. If they fail at six months I don't want to change springs that often and would pass. Basically the extra space makes them wear out early. My inquiry was just trying to see if the plus spring takes care of that. Well maybe I will just have splurge and find out over the next year.

One of my +2's has the extra power spring that came with it. The other I bought before the spring was included and uses the OEM spring. They are different colors so it's easy to notice of that one starts to fail. So far though I haven't had any complaints.

tanner
07-02-2016, 04:06 PM
I bought mine before the new springs came out. I emailed them and they just sent me the newer springs within the week.