PDA

View Full Version : Glock 19 gen 3 work by Fire4Effect Weapon Systems LLC

Jay Cunningham
06-27-2016, 12:31 PM
http://i.imgur.com/oqAxeSMl.jpg

Work by Fire4Effect Weapon Systems LLC (http://www.fire-4-effect.com/default.asp)

* Tier 2 Side Serrations v2.0 (Squared)

I like performing a press check using the front of the slide because it lets me see the ejection port without my hand being in the way. The front cocking serrations are all I need and nothing more, and they work just like they're supposed to.

* Cerakote Refinishing - Pistol Slide ONLY, SINGLE color Finish: Flat/Matte Color: Burnt Bronze with Armor Tint

Because cool color bro. Looks good with the Glock OD frame.

* Trigger Guard Undercut and Polish

I have a severe case of Glock Knuckle. The undercut feels great in conjunction with the rest of the grip work.

* TruGlo TFX Night Sights

The jury is still out but so far, so good. The rear fiber optics are completely blacked out because I do not want glowing green shit on my rear sights. The front sight is magnificent in all lighting conditions.

* Trigger Job on OEM parts by F4E

OEM 3.5#/NY1 trigger with a polish. Nice trigger, certainly not "light".

* Grip Re-Shape and Micro-Dot Stippling

Ain't no one got time fo finger grooves. The stippling looks nice and is effective. It's not too rough for concealed carry.

* Recessed Edges Add-on for Stippling packages

Mostly aesthetic but may in fact slightly reduce the overall grip.

* Right Side Index Point Stippling

An actual index point for my actual trigger finger on the correct side of the gun.

* Straight Serrations for Slide Top (10 total)

Discrete top serrations just in front of the rear sight to assist in one-handed racking. I am not a fan of the entire gun covered in scales and serrations.

SLG
06-27-2016, 01:03 PM
Looks nice! I think F4E does really good work.

If I got one done, it would be very similar, but with the front cocking serrations further to the rear.

Do you have a pic of the other side?

Jay Cunningham
06-27-2016, 01:52 PM
Do you have a pic of the other side?

Sure.

http://i.imgur.com/k6fV4Ccl.jpg

voodoo_man
06-27-2016, 02:23 PM
looks good.

Jay Cunningham
06-27-2016, 04:56 PM
Got a picture?

Sure.

http://i.imgur.com/BRZ6n4Gl.jpg

JCS
06-27-2016, 05:00 PM
Man I really like that. Stippling looks great. How much did it all cost if you don't mind me asking?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jay Cunningham
06-27-2016, 05:12 PM
Man I really like that. Stippling looks great. How much did it all cost if you don't mind me asking?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The work itself was $635. I bought the sights from them ($130 additional) and shipping was $48.

SLG
06-27-2016, 05:37 PM
Very clean looking. Nice!

EVP
06-27-2016, 06:49 PM
I like the slide work. I am not a fan of the stippling though.

JAD
06-27-2016, 06:52 PM
I have a bunch of stippled metal pistols and like the stippling on that Glock.

Jay Cunningham
06-27-2016, 07:09 PM
Very clean looking. Nice!

I'm pleased at how it turned out. The big variable are the sights, but that has nothing to do with F4E.

Jay Cunningham
06-27-2016, 07:10 PM
I like the slide work. I am not a fan of the stippling though.

They offer several other types of stippling.

Bigghoss
06-29-2016, 09:52 AM
I like that. I'll have to contact them after I've finished my EBR panic buying. :D

Jay Cunningham
10-31-2016, 11:32 AM
I've finally had the opportunity to run this gun enough to be able to get a feel for it.

Changes I made since the initial post were to add a Gadget and to swap out the TruGlo TFX rear sight with the TFX PRO model.

It pissed down rain on me yesterday at the range but the stippling did its thing well. The sights were the big experiment, but I felt remarkably confident with them all day in diverse lighting conditions.

Would I choose them for a 25 yard bullseye competition? Likely not. But standard quarter scale steel targets at 25 yards were quite easy to hit.

The trigger provides great feedback and is truly a rolling break where constant pressure results in constant trigger speed.

I also worked some SHO stuff and the TFX PRO rear sight with the F4E serrations worked great for single hand manipulations.

And it's reliable with strong ejection!

I'm very happy with this gun!

Edited to add: I'll post a pic later to show the difference between the TFX and TFX PRO rear sights for those interested in such things.

Balisong
10-31-2016, 04:02 PM
I've finally had the opportunity to run this gun enough to be able to get a feel for it.

Changes I made since the initial post were to add a Gadget and to swap out the TruGlo TFX rear sight with the TFX PRO model.

It pissed down rain on me yesterday at the range but the stippling did its thing well. The sights were the big experiment, but I felt remarkably confident with them all day in diverse lighting conditions.

Would I choose them for a 25 yard bullseye competition? Likely not. But standard quarter scale steel targets at 25 yards were quite easy to hit.

The trigger provides great feedback and is truly a rolling break where constant pressure results in constant trigger speed.

I also worked some SHO stuff and the TFX PRO rear sight with the F4E serrations worked great for single hand manipulations.

And it's reliable with strong ejection!

I'm very happy with this gun!

Edited to add: I'll post a pic later to show the difference between the TFX and TFX PRO rear sights for those interested in such things.

Thank you, I've been interested on trying the TFX, but like you I'm also wanting to try a blacked out rear sight, and am unsure what my options are for matching up to a TFX front (thus far I've only had experience with 3 dot tritium sights). Look forward to your pics and thoughts on the sights, as well as anyone else that cares to weigh in on the subject. Very nice gun too!

OnionsAndDragons
11-01-2016, 11:41 AM
I really like that.

I like my front cocking serrations just a bit further back, personally. I LOVE that small patch of top slide serrations. That is perfect.

Jay Cunningham
11-01-2016, 12:11 PM
If I had to do it all over again I'd probably have the front serrations a bit further to the rear.

Luke
11-01-2016, 12:48 PM
If I had to do it all over again I'd probably have the front serrations a bit further to the rear.

I've never been able to understand why they put the cocking serrations so far to the front of the muzzle. Everyone does it so I just always assumed it was me.

Jay Cunningham
12-04-2016, 01:16 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161204/97ff5d00e67c34c7c7d7eb434079420b.jpg

My rear sight and cocking serrations showing evidence of doing their job. One-handed malfunction clearance and reloads made easy, even in mud and rain.

YVK
12-04-2016, 03:57 PM
^^Awesome pic, Jay. I am considering them for some work.

Magsz
12-08-2016, 10:34 AM
I dont understand why some of those top cocking serrations are under the rear sight? What's the point of having them there?

JR1572
12-08-2016, 01:11 PM
I dont understand why some of those top cocking serrations are under the rear sight? What's the point of having them there?

Just because they're under those sights doesn't mean they will be under every set of sights.

JR1572

Jay Cunningham
12-08-2016, 01:31 PM
Just because they're under those sights doesn't mean they will be under every set of sights.

JR1572

Ummm... right!

jeep45238
12-08-2016, 01:41 PM

If another sights don't extend past the dovetail, then there will be more serrations available and not look like a hack job. Stopping at a random distance to make it work for the current sights might look 'better', but if Jay changes sights, it'll look like poop.

Jay Cunningham
12-08-2016, 02:39 PM
If another sights don't extend past the dovetail, then there will be more serrations available and not look like a hack job. Stopping at a random distance to make it work for the current sights might look 'better', but if Jay changes sights, it'll look like poop.

No poop!

Jay Cunningham
08-29-2019, 09:15 AM
I completed my experiment with the TruGlo sights. There are many pros to them, but ultimately I felt that they artificially limited me. I have more capability than the sights facilitate. At least for now. Mainly due to their excessive width. They are very good for encounter range/A Zone shots, but they are limiting for precision/distance.

Because I had them laying around, I installed Ameriglo square orange night sights on the front with amber square notch two dots on the rear. Well I don’t like orange. I hate orange. In bright direct sunlight orange is good, but the sudden sharp change in visibility in even a little bit of shade is jarring to me.

I switched to a thin Lumigreen circle on the front. This combination satisfies me. I’m going to test them in a training environment this weekend. I very much prefer the square notch rear to the U notch rear. I know that goes against many current opinions, but that’s how it is for me.

I also put a Magpul funnel on the thing. I like how it interacts with my grip. I’m not sure if it actually speeds up my reloads or not. I found out that one needs to carefully check 15 round magazines, because many will not lock in with the funnel installed.

Pictured with a similarly arrayed Gen 4:

edited to add: I also switched to extended factory slide catch. These are the way to go for me, no comparison.

ubervic
08-29-2019, 10:02 AM
I installed Ameriglo square orange night sights on the front with amber square notch two dots on the rear. Well I don’t like orange. I hate orange. In bright direct sunlight orange is good, but the sudden sharp change in visibility in even a little bit of shade is jarring to me.

I switched to a thin Lumigreen circle on the front. This combination satisfies me. I’m going to test them in a training environment this weekend. I very much prefer the square notch rear to the U notch rear. I know that goes against many current opinions, but that’s how it is for me.

I also put a Magpul funnel on the thing. I like how it interacts with my grip. I’m not sure if it actually speeds up my reloads or not. I found out that one needs to carefully check 15 round magazines, because many will not lock in with the funnel installed.

Those sights look like the ticket.

I, too, like how the Magpul magwell interacts with my grip, and it also helps with overall concealment for my 17.3, since it's the magazine corner rather than the grip itself that can sometimes print. But I got rid of mine when I found that my OEM Glock mags would not reliably seat/lock, even with a more aggressive feeding action.

Jay Cunningham
09-01-2019, 08:34 PM
I had a good chance to evaluate the sights. They are perfect for me. The mag funnels were just fine too. I think I’m going to ditch the polished NY1 and go with the Vogel trigger in the Gen 3.

MGW
09-01-2019, 10:21 PM
Do you notice any measurable difference between the Gen 3 and Gen 4? What’s your personal preference between the two?

Balisong
09-01-2019, 10:41 PM
I had a good chance to evaluate the sights. They are perfect for me. The mag funnels were just fine too. I think I’m going to ditch the polished NY1 and go with the Vogel trigger in the Gen 3.

I apologize if I missed it, but what make and model of the rear sights did you go with? I also prefer square notches and green fronts vs orange. Also, I'm assuming by thin fronts, you're saying you went with .125 width? I think that's the thinnest Lumigreen tritium front they make? TIA

Jay Cunningham
09-02-2019, 06:32 AM