PDA

View Full Version : Console vault

cjb1911
06-24-2016, 09:53 AM
Just picked up one of these and sorry I didn't sooner. I was looking for something with more room to store then the locking single case that ties to the seat frame and the console vault doesn't disappoint. This is a well thought out storage, very little wasted space(it can easily hold 20 or so j frames and some pills :)) in the console after install and takes longer to unbox then to actually install. Good job console vault guys!

Whiskey_Bravo
06-24-2016, 12:35 PM
I am at the dealership right now picking out a new truck. So glad I saw this thread! I think I know what I will be asking Santa for this year.

SmokeJumper
06-25-2016, 12:47 PM
+1 for Console Vault. I just put one in about 3mos ago in my new truck. Easy install myself, even if your a little into DIY. Very well built, plus they off a discount to LEO.

Carnifex
06-25-2016, 01:42 PM
I've been looking at picking one of these up. Did you get the keyed or combination lock?

rob_s
06-26-2016, 05:47 AM
Iva had a console vault, combination, in my last two trucks. When buying the last truck, at least some part of my decision was based on how the vault fit in each of the major player's full size pickups. I can't imagine not having one.

Hambo
06-26-2016, 06:53 AM
Did any of you who have them install them yourself?

rob_s
06-26-2016, 08:29 AM
Did any of you who have them install them yourself?

I've installed two or three myself. Super easy, and the one I just installed in my new Ram was the easiest ever.

cjb1911
06-26-2016, 08:52 AM
Probably the easiest install I have ever made, this was on a Nissan Titan.

One observation so far, the box acts like a oven. I'm curios how my kydex will fair in these hot Louisiana Summers.

cjb1911
05-11-2017, 10:10 AM
Just picked up one of these and sorry I didn't sooner. I was looking for something with more room to store then the locking single case that ties to the seat frame and the console vault doesn't disappoint. This is a well thought out storage, very little wasted space(it can easily hold 20 or so j frames and some pills :)) in the console after install and takes longer to unbox then to actually install. Good job console vault guys!

If there are any Nissan Titan(old body style) Owners out there, that want this. Let me know, I got rid of my Titan a few months back and the vault has been sitting idle in my garage. It's yours for the price of shipping!

Bratch
05-11-2017, 09:39 PM
16517I put a Tuffy brand console safe in my truck, I'm very happy with it.

Flamingo
05-11-2017, 10:15 PM
I picked up a locker down console vault for my 4Runner and I really like it. The install was easy and took less than 5 minutes.

blues
05-11-2017, 10:53 PM
I picked up a locker down console vault for my 4Runner and I really like it. The install was easy and took less than 5 minutes.

Thanks for posting that. I may look into one for my 4Runner.

Is there sufficient room for gun, magazines and other gear?

Flamingo
05-12-2017, 06:33 AM
Yesterday I had my G43, SW Shield, and 4 boxes of ammo in it.

I don't think I lost much of the storage capacity by installing the locker down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blues
05-12-2017, 07:47 AM
Yesterday I had my G43, SW Shield, and 4 boxes of ammo in it.

I don't think I lost much of the storage capacity by installing the locker down.

Thanks, Flamingo. May be just the thing for a planned trip up to NY for a wedding (though I intend on having my G26 on my person at most times).

Did you opt for a combination lock or the seven pin key version? I'm trying to figure which might be more robust and less apt to fail.

blues
05-12-2017, 11:00 AM
Just spoke to one of the gents over at Lock'er Down. I believe I'll be placing an order for my 4Runner in the next little while.

ETA: Done.

Flamingo
05-12-2017, 01:13 PM
I went with the combination lock. I didn't want to have to mess with a key.

blues
05-12-2017, 01:27 PM
I went with the combination lock. I didn't want to have to mess with a key.

Same here. I spoke to the owner, Bobby Newell this morning and he was helpful discussing options, a couple of differences from the competition and even an available discount for LE. I've got my 10mm socket and wrench at the ready...

Pacioli
05-12-2017, 03:16 PM
Probably the easiest install I have ever made, this was on a Nissan Titan.

One observation so far, the box acts like a oven. I'm curios how my kydex will fair in these hot Louisiana Summers.

Eight years with no problem south of I-10, parking on concrete in the sun. The vault actually seems a little cooler than the rest of the truck.

blues
05-16-2017, 01:46 PM
Just got the "Lock'er Down" console safe a little while ago. Installed in about 5 minutes or less and fit / finish were as good as I had hoped for.

Nice that I was able to get everything back inside except a "happy stick" which I put in the door pocket for now. Not cheap but a nice product and some additonal peace of mind to keep prying eyes and hands off when necessary.

Thanks Flamingo for bringing it to my attention.