PDA

View Full Version : G43 connectors: old OEM vs. new OEM vs. Ghost Edge

Little Creek
06-16-2016, 08:13 AM
To those of you who have experience with the G43, what connectors have you tried and how do they compare?

Chuck Haggard
06-16-2016, 08:18 AM
I'm using a stock gun, and it's shooting very well for me.

JHC
06-16-2016, 09:16 AM
My brand new this month 43 has a fine trigger. Clean take up and break that weighs 5.5 lbs on my RCBS scale. I'm impressed. I haven't shot it well at all yet (100 rds) vs a G26 or G42. We shall see. Ameriglo CAP sights on the way.

El Cid
06-16-2016, 09:24 AM
I have the first OEM from last year and the new OEM from this month. The new one is much nicer and lighter. I tend to avoid aftermarket parts so I can't comment on the Ghost.

GJM
06-16-2016, 09:40 AM
33564 is the part number for the new OEM connector that produces a lighter trigger pull

Cool Breeze
06-16-2016, 12:01 PM
33564 is the part number for the new OEM connector that produces a lighter trigger pull
When did this happen? I had no idea glock made a lighter oem.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

psalms144.1
06-16-2016, 12:21 PM
When did this happen? I had no idea glock made a lighter oem. Welcome to the wonderful world of Glock. Unpaid beta testers said the trigger was too heavy, so they updated it for the next production run. Why would they let anyone know? Perfection is perfection, don't you know?

The above is only half tongue in cheek, by the way, and seems to be the way the entire firearms industry is heading, though Glock is the most obvious example...

And, I still have a G19 on my hip as I'm writing this!

Totem Polar
06-16-2016, 12:28 PM
I can answer this for you.

I bought a G43 when it first came out, then traded it on something I really needed (hint: it had a round thing that rotated; I knew I could get another G43). I also *had* an original MLK day G42--*had* because my wife poached it, but it's in my range bag right now for a new shooter to try this afternoon. No mincing words: that first 42 trigger was shit, so it's got the ghost edge in it.

Yesterday, I went AR-15 sniffing at the LGS, because, climate; saw one of the Talo 43s with the huge orange/tritium front sight over flat black U-notch rear by Ameriglo on it (that JHC has, above); bought it, because: sights, G43, wife poached the G42.

Follow?

Ok then, bottom line, IMHO: new OEM connector > ghost edge > bird shit on the hood of your car > old OEM connector.

The old one was awful. The ghost is a *major* improvement, albeit almost too light. The new OEM 43 on my Talo is the best out of the box Glock trigger I've ever felt: crisp, clean and almost as light as the ghost. Plus, it's OEM. I like it better than the ghost. I'll know more with some time behind the gun, but I can't see falling out of love with the current gen 43 trigger, relative to all things Glock. My next most current Glock is a stock 26 from last year, and I like this 43 trigger more, FWIW.

As Tam might say, hie thee to the Internet and order up the new part skew if you have either and original recipe G42 or 43, immediately.

OMMV, of course, but they'd be nuts. That new 43 trigger is very good, by Box Glock standards. It feels a little bit like how I'd imagine an "NY-0" trigger would feel, if Glock made an NY designed to be the same weight as the old stock Gen3 coil. Not exactly (my 17 is fitted with an NY-1 and minus connector), but sort of the same ball park, if that hypothetical comparison makes sense. JMO.

Cool Breeze
06-16-2016, 01:42 PM
I'm not going to lie... I have a ghost and like it much better than the old stock oem... But if the new oem is heavier than the ghost... I will stick with the ghost. I would love a g43 with the same trigger as my double stacked Glocks, but I have yet to know of one.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

orionz06
06-16-2016, 02:08 PM
My Ghost isn't really distinguishable from oem. Gonna have to fiddle fart some more.

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using an owl

VolGrad
06-16-2016, 07:42 PM
My Ghost isn't really distinguishable from oem. Gonna have to fiddle fart some more.

I didn't find a major difference between the old OEM and the Ghost but the difference was enough I left the Ghost in. I wouldn't mind the new OEM but am not in a hurry to track one down. My Ghost is fine.

M2CattleCo
06-16-2016, 10:31 PM
I mostly appreciated the heavy trigger on my 43 until I heard they were bad. I'm not sure a light trigger is such a good thing on a pistol that small and light.

GJM
06-16-2016, 11:00 PM
I mostly appreciated the heavy trigger on my 43 until I heard they were bad. I'm not sure a light trigger is such a good thing on a pistol that small and light.

Considering the delta between the new and old OEM connectors, I am not sure that difference in weight is likely to be material in avoiding an ND. I do think length of travel is more important than a few pounds of weight. I am interested in the scenario you envision where a few more pounds of weight on the same length travel trigger would work better from a safety perspective for you?

Separate from safety, heavy triggers combined with lightweight handguns are not usually a combination conducive to being shot well.

Trukinjp13
06-17-2016, 12:08 AM
Picked up a talo 43 last weekend. Loving the trigger. Amazing the difference in the connector. Sights are sweet to. I would love for a apex flat trigger. Not really liking the blade itself. But the takeup and break is awesome.

M2CattleCo
06-17-2016, 01:16 PM
Considering the delta between the new and old OEM connectors, I am not sure that difference in weight is likely to be material in avoiding an ND. I do think length of travel is more important than a few pounds of weight. I am interested in the scenario you envision where a few more pounds of weight on the same length travel trigger would work better from a safety perspective for you?

Separate from safety, heavy triggers combined with lightweight handguns are not usually a combination conducive to being shot well.

The heavy trigger does help with unintentional double taps. I've never had that problem with Glocks, I just thought the trigger was stiffer on the lighter gun for a reason.

Trukinjp13
06-17-2016, 01:26 PM
The heavy trigger does help with unintentional double taps. I've never had that problem with Glocks, I just thought the trigger was stiffer on the lighter gun for a reason.

I know one thing I have noticed. Small gun + heavy trigger = poor accuracy. Not saying for everyone but if you are not getting a really good grip and trigger press. It will really throw your shots.

Tom Duffy
06-17-2016, 01:38 PM
How is the break on the new OEM connector? I have one of the original connectors on my 43 and, though the trigger is (very) heavy it has a nice clean break that I can work with. A clean, non mushy break with a lighter trigger sounds like it would be the best of both worlds.

Greg
06-17-2016, 02:04 PM

I would wager that Glock figured 43s will be dropped into a lot of pockets and purses without a holster covering the trigger.

BobLoblaw
06-17-2016, 02:32 PM
I would wager that Glock figured 43s will be dropped into a lot of pockets and purses without a holster covering the trigger.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160617/aecca2e0e20137059fb840e9f29b2317.jpg

Totem Polar
06-17-2016, 02:35 PM
How is the break on the new OEM connector?

On my Talo 43, it's the best of all my Glocks. It's not night and day over my stock 26, but it's my favorite. FWIW.

Trukinjp13
06-17-2016, 10:32 PM
On my Talo 43, it's the best of all my Glocks. It's not night and day over my stock 26, but it's my favorite. FWIW.

I agree with this statement.

L-2
06-22-2016, 04:33 PM
G43 Connector pull weights.
I just received and installed my #33564 G43 connector.
The pull weights I measured on my G43 are as follows:

#33564: 5 lbs. 2 oz.
#33215: 6 lbs. 15 oz.
Ghost “Edge”: 5 lbs. 5 oz.

tanner
06-22-2016, 06:15 PM
My Google-fu must be super weak today. I can't find these new connectors for sale anywhere on the interwebs (Brownells, Midway, Amazon. Glockparts)

Anyone know of a hookup? Or a link if I'm just doing it wrong??

Edit to add... Sorry, I just had the dumb. Found it on Glockparts.

JHC
06-22-2016, 06:18 PM
My Google-fu must be super weak today. I can't find these new connectors for sale anywhere on the interwebs (Brownells, Midway, Amazon. Glockparts)

I think you need a Glock armorer to talk Glock CS out of one. Very new thing.

El Cid
06-22-2016, 06:19 PM

My research indicates it's only being sold to armorers for the moment. I need to order one. Hoping to get time this week. I'll have to email or call though as the parts list on the Glock site doesn't list it yet.

VolGrad
06-22-2016, 06:33 PM

I ordered one today from GlockParts.com . Says on backorder but expected early July. Price was $9.99 plus $3 shipping first class USPS.

L-2
06-22-2016, 06:35 PM
...Found it on Glockparts.

http://glockparts.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=1218007&CAT=705
GlockParts has the connector listed, but it's currently listed as "backordered". Just keep checking or have a Glock Armorer order one for you. It took ~10 days from an early morning phone call to GA and receipt of the connector.

tanner
06-22-2016, 06:48 PM
Thanks fellas. I did the backorder thing on GlockParts along with a few other items.

23JAZ
06-22-2016, 07:42 PM

I was talking to one of the Glock amorers at SGC the other day while I waited for them to put my HDs on and he said they are not for sale to the public yet they can only but replaced with a warranty repair. He also stated the new connector should be on all guns produced after late Feb 2016.

Shawn Dodson
06-22-2016, 09:27 PM
I bought two Glock 43s a couple of months ago, one for me and one for the Mrs. The trigger on both felt "okay" in the gun store but on my first range outing with it revealed it sucked. When I got home I compared it to my Glock 19 trigger and I couldn't detect much of a difference, however when shooting the G43 the trigger definitely affected my ability to shoot it accurately. I installed a Ghost Edge connector and my first shot was dead center in the X-ring at 15 yards and my overall accuracy improved. I didn't notice a difference in trigger pull weight but the trigger was so much smoother throughout it's entire travel and it had a nice clean break. I just checked the part number on the factory installed connector and its the older 33215.

Small pistol + great trigger = great accuracy. I'm not normally a proponent of hardware fixes to shooting problems but it really made that much of a difference for me.

23JAZ
06-23-2016, 09:28 PM
I bought two Glock 43s a couple of months ago, one for me and one for the Mrs. The trigger on both felt "okay" in the gun store but on my first range outing with it revealed it sucked. When I got home I compared it to my Glock 19 trigger and I couldn't detect much of a difference, however when shooting the G43 the trigger definitely affected my ability to shoot it accurately. I installed a Ghost Edge connector and my first shot was dead center in the X-ring at 15 yards and my overall accuracy improved. I didn't notice a difference in trigger pull weight but the trigger was so much smoother throughout it's entire travel and it had a nice clean break. I just checked the part number on the factory installed connector and its the older 33215.

Small pistol + great trigger = great accuracy. I'm not normally a proponent of hardware fixes to shooting problems but it really made that much of a difference for me.
What month were they manufactured?

tanner
06-29-2016, 05:27 PM
Just got an email from Glockparts. Order filled and shipping...

VolGrad
06-30-2016, 08:35 AM
Just got an email from Glockparts. Order filled and shipping...

Yup. Mine is in the mail as I type.

gqllc007
06-30-2016, 09:18 AM
Mine is in the mail from glockparts as well

Greg
07-01-2016, 09:41 PM
Well I've got you guys beat. Mine is installed :cool: It does break like a normal Glock.

The prior connector had a stiffer break but mine was nowhere near as bad as some have reported.

L-2
07-01-2016, 10:38 PM
As a Glock Armorer and someone who daily works on Glocks, I can see some things I/we take for granted can be forgotten and not mentioned in these forums.

A reminder to everybody to lubricate the connector & trigger bar interface.
I noticed the Youtube videos I've seen leave out this step.

The difference between no lubrication and a little oil can immediately be felt.

OK, I've found one video, but it doesn't deal with changing connectors, only cleaning & lubricating. See 9:26 for a very quick mention of this lube point if you don't already know:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PC3yOdghX94

Tom Duffy
07-05-2016, 10:01 AM
I just installed the new OEM connector. I find the trigger to be lighter, mushier, with a bit of creep. I'll try it for a while and see if it improves my practical accuracy but may go back to the original connector.

JR1572
07-06-2016, 07:39 PM
Are the 42 and 43 connectors interchangeable?

JR1572

punkey71
07-06-2016, 08:00 PM
Are the 42 and 43 connectors interchangeable?

JR1572

Yes. Same connector.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

VolGrad
07-06-2016, 08:45 PM
Installed my new connector the other day and decided the Ghost felt better so I pulled the new OEM and put the Ghost back in my G43. I put the new OEM in my G42. It does feel better than the stock connector that was in the G42 but only marginally. Overall, I'm feel a bit meh about the new part.

Shawn Dodson
07-06-2016, 11:06 PM
When shooting in Capital Forest this weekend with a few friends. We set up a 12x16" steel plate about 80 yds away and I hit it 3 out of 6 shots with my G43, with the first round hitting. I'm pretty sure wouldn't have been able to do that with the (older) stock connector installed.

GJM
07-06-2016, 11:29 PM
Installed my new connector the other day and decided the Ghost felt better so I pulled the new OEM and put the Ghost back in my G43. I put the new OEM in my G42. It does feel better than the stock connector that was in the G42 but only marginally. Overall, I'm feel a bit meh about the new part.

New connector is supposed to improve trigger more in 43 than 42.

HopetonBrown
07-07-2016, 12:42 AM
TTI makes a connector for the 42/43. Been using his connectors in my full size Glocks since late 2013 and like them.

VolGrad
07-07-2016, 09:25 AM
New connector is supposed to improve trigger more in 43 than 42.

Keyword = supposed :p

Slalom.45
07-07-2016, 01:13 PM
I have a Ghost Edge in my 43. Much better than stock. I don't have an issue with the pull, but it's a very long reset compared to my other triggers. If the new factory trigger was in the same range for weight and break with a shorter reset I'd be for it.

punkey71
07-07-2016, 01:32 PM
I have a Ghost Edge in my 43. Much better than stock. I don't have an issue with the pull, but it's a very long reset compared to my other triggers. If the new factory trigger was in the same range for weight and break with a shorter reset I'd be for it.

Pre/over travel reduction.

http://www.ghostinc.com/product/GHO_42-43_2424_L_1/G42G43-PRO-CONNECTOR.html

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GJM
07-07-2016, 02:18 PM
Keyword = supposed :p

My experience is that Glock triggers, even of the same model and generation, can vary considerably. I can take the guts out of one G4 19, drop it another made the same year, and have very different trigger characteristics. So, not at all surprised that a new connector would have different results for different 43 pistols.

Greg
07-16-2016, 06:43 PM
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-zhBPy9KzWUw/V4rFdAqx50I/AAAAAAAADHk/2nJlrxnsOw0ZtQaqRZxF5-Nu_C1s9grkACCo/s912/IMG_0131.jpg

I can tell you that the new OEM G43 connector and some weak hand practice showed improvement for me today on Dot Torture. I have never hit all 5 with the weak hand using my G43 before.

I still had to be a bonehead and derp up a strong hand shot....

ST911
08-08-2016, 10:47 PM
Photos of the new OEM G43 connector marking (33564) and the difference in angles (new atop old), posted for reference. The difference is noticeable.

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j18/Skintop911/G43/g43newconnector2.jpg

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j18/Skintop911/G43/g43newconnector1.jpg