PDA

View Full Version : Sig P-Series takedown lever - circle & dot?

OlongJohnson
06-11-2016, 09:28 PM
Recently handled a 2007 P220 with a takedown lever that had the circle and dot in the right-hand end. Googled a little, and have mixed reports whether those are considered to be good or bad parts. Some say they were X5/X6 goodness, others seem to complain about them breaking.

Also, the trigger pin was serrated on the left hand side, with mulitple ~90-degree V-grooves where there's normally just the single slot for a screwdriver to help align it.

Any experts?

John Hearne
06-11-2016, 10:36 PM
Recently handled a 2007 P220 with a takedown lever that had the circle and dot in the right-hand end. Googled a little, and have mixed reports whether those are considered to be good or bad parts. Some say they were X5/X6 goodness, others seem to complain about them breaking.

Also, the trigger pin was serrated on the left hand side, with mulitple ~90-degree V-grooves where there's normally just the single slot for a screwdriver to help align it.

Any experts?

The circle and dot takedown lever should be the lever developed for the P220 Combat. It is supposed to be a legit 30,000 round takedown lever. It is a tool steel part, not MIM. It is the gold standard for Sig takedown levers.

OlongJohnson
06-12-2016, 12:17 AM
That was my first thought. Then I googled pics of P220 Combats, and almost none of them have it, so I figured I had jumped to the wrong conclusion. But you're one of the people I was hoping to hear from. Read a bunch of your posts and am grateful for your wisdom.

The "Combat" lever is one of those things I can't figure out why someone like Gray doesn't find a guy with some spare screw machine time and get a few thousand made out of an appropriate chro-mo alloy.

John Hearne
06-12-2016, 11:04 AM
If I had to guess, Bruce will do it eventually. For years, Sig made the part themselves and it wasn't that expensive. Sig has recently discontinued the part so there is now a void in the market.

OlongJohnson
06-13-2016, 10:09 PM
Just to add what else I've learned, although it isn't much...

I've seen photos of levers with dots, levers with circles, and levers with a circle and a dot.

I called Sig CS today and asked about the different versions, and spoke with Kyle. He was pretty useless on the topic.