PDA

View Full Version : CZ75 SP-01 light strikes

Howard
06-11-2016, 08:50 PM
I am having some random light strikes with a CZ75 SP-01 in Single Action. We changed out the main spring to an 11.5# spring, don't have these issues with the 13# spring. I know obviously we could go back to the 13#, but would like to keep the 11.5# if possible. Is there any other part we could change or any suggested part that might be polished more to get the 11.5# spring to work reliably. Has anyone else gotten an 11.5# spring to work well in this gun. Thanks.

Lon
06-11-2016, 09:01 PM
Extended firing pin?

https://cajungunworks.com/product/61050-perfection-series-firing/

cclaxton
06-11-2016, 09:06 PM
This is going to also depend on the type of primers you are using. Federal primers tend to fire with lighter springs. The extended firing pin is a good idea. But the diff between a 11.5 and 13 pound spring is minor...get reliability. Also, don't forget to clean out the firing pin channel really well...it could be gunked up. I shoot a CZ-75 SP-01 with a 13# spring in IDPA competition and will have a failure to fire once every 1000 rounds. Don't try to push them to the limit and they will be one of the most reliable guns you ever owned.
Cody

Smitty79
06-11-2016, 09:07 PM
What ammo are you shooting?

scw2
06-11-2016, 11:57 PM
Guy in the below video recommended reduced power firing pin spring and the extended firing pin Lon linked to for the 11.5# hammer spring.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INfJI3pm15U

Howard
06-12-2016, 05:43 AM
Thanks for all the ideas. I already have the CGW extended firing pin and reduced power firing pin spring. Also have a reduced power firing pin block spring. Have the USPSA production legal competition hammer and the CGW barrel bushing as well. I am using Freedom Munitions ammo so I really don't know and have no control over the primers. No an option to switch ammo as I have two boat loads of this stuff and never have any issues with it. The firing pin channel should be fairly clean as a friend of mine just did most of this work for me and really scrubbed the gun. I tried the gun out yesterday and absolutely love the way it works, except for the roughly 10% light strikes I was getting in SA mode. The SA trigger pull is 2# 11 oz, and I would sure love to keep it that way. Would polishing the firing pin and maybe the channel reduce friction enough to make the 11.5# viable? If not are there any other solutions short of going to the 13# main spring? If not, might it be possible to remove a coil or two from the 13# and get it down to perhaps 12#? I know that works in a Beretta 92FS. Thanks.

Leroy
06-12-2016, 06:32 AM
My Shadows would pop every American primer with a #13 and was federal only with anything underneath that. The 11.5 would fail on CCI maybe once every 300-400 rounds. You maybe able to get it to run if you polish the firing pin and firing pin channel. Also polish the sides of the hammer. I was fine with an 11.5 and Federal so never got to worked up over it. Know some USPSA guys who were successfully running an 8.5 and Federals. Sub 5# DA.

Armiger
06-12-2016, 07:48 AM
Unfortunately, if you've already got the extended pin and reduced spring your options are softer primers or a heavier mainspring. I'm hearing that clipping a spring may work but is not ideal and may lead to problems.

To me, the 11.5# is nice, but the difference between it and the 13# isn't huge. The day my 11.5# fails to pop a primer, it's back to the 13# spring that got me thru the first ~15k rounds without issue.

Greg
06-12-2016, 08:50 AM
11.5 pound spring is like....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0m57ONmw8c