https://www.facebook.com/TeamWendy1/posts/10155067576583538

Fucking brilliant move.

Drang
06-11-2016, 12:16 PM
But controversial, apparently.

(Did I miss a sarcasm tag? Again?)

Eyesquared
06-11-2016, 12:18 PM
My guess is LL was being sarcastic. I honestly have no idea what TW was expecting.

Chance
06-11-2016, 12:25 PM
But controversial, apparently.

(Did I miss a sarcasm tag? Again?)

Hillary was loathed by many in the military long before her more recent egregious behavior. Stretching back to her time as a first lady, even.

Drang
06-11-2016, 12:27 PM
Hillary was loathed by many in the military long before her more recent egregious behavior. Stretching back to her time as a first lady, even.

Do tell...

Tamara
06-11-2016, 12:35 PM
If Clinton winds up winning, we should make sure that all makers of good gear stop lobbying the government to get their good shit in the hands of the people who need it most, because politics or something.

11B10
06-11-2016, 12:38 PM
I urge everyone to read "Dereliction of Duty," by Lt. Col. Buzz Paterson (ret). Paterson carried the nuclear codes for Billy Bob. You think you know everything about the Clinton White House years - you will now.

11B10
06-11-2016, 12:43 PM
https://www.facebook.com/TeamWendy1/posts/10155067576583538

Fucking brilliant move.

LL - anybody - what can I say? I do understand what Team Wendy is - help me understand why this is brilliant.

LittleLebowski
06-11-2016, 01:25 PM
If Clinton winds up winning, we should make sure that all makers of good gear stop lobbying the government to get their good shit in the hands of the people who need it most, because politics or something.

I'm ok with principled stands. http://pistol-training.com/archives/7763

Gray222
06-11-2016, 01:27 PM
*waits patiently for firesale*

Eyesquared
06-11-2016, 03:18 PM

This is just my opinion, but there is a very big difference between lobbying to people and allowing them to use you for their political gain. I highly doubt seeing the Team Wendy factory is going to make Hillary care about the armed forces any more than she already doesn't.

Tamara
06-11-2016, 04:05 PM
I'm ok with principled stands. http://pistol-training.com/archives/7763

Oh, definitely. I think that US arms manufacturers should quit selling to the DoD if Hillary wins. That's what I wrote, right?

Although we could go that one better and just have everybody boycott the DoD until the Hughes Amendment is repealed and we have national reciprocity. That would be a principled stand.

Gray222
06-11-2016, 04:50 PM
Oh, definitely. I think that US arms manufacturers should quit selling to the DoD if Hillary wins. That's what I wrote, right?

Although we could go that one better and just have everybody boycott the DoD until the Hughes Amendment is repealed and we have national reciprocity. That would be a principled stand.

Would be great except as I've stated before, there are no ethics in business. If you got 50% compliance with a ban to sell to the DOD or any gov, I'd be surprised.

LittleLebowski
06-11-2016, 06:12 PM

That's not what I said or at least what I attempted to say. Rephrasing:

"I think it would have spoken volumes if Team Wendy hadn't allowed Hillary to use their company as a PR event that implies that Hillary is pro-defense. I know that Paul Buffoni would have told her to pound sand just like he did with Milwaukee in the incident I linked to."

redbone
06-11-2016, 06:13 PM
Would be great except as I've stated before, there are no ethics in business. If you got 50% compliance with a ban to sell to the DOD or any gov, I'd be surprised.

50%? Ha! You'd be lucky to get 1% (not counting some little companies with no DOD contracts that's joins some boycott for the publicity).

Some people seem unclear on what a business is. Just because you make helmets that are coveted by Airsofters and some LARPing weekend carbine class-takers, you are not in business to further the 2nd Amendment. Team Wendy exists to make money for its shareholders, as it should.

If you want change, vote it in. Don't expect a company to fight your political battle.

LittleLebowski
06-11-2016, 06:16 PM
Team Wendy's CEO has made campaign donations to Sherrod Brown. I get "realpolitik" and all that but again, I wish more were like Paul Buffoni.

http://www.10tv.com/content/stories/2012/12/17/ohio-kasich-will-sign-new-gun-law.html

redbone
06-11-2016, 06:20 PM
That's not what I said or at least what I attempted to say. Rephrasing:

"I think it would have spoken volumes if Team Wendy hadn't allowed Hillary to use their company as a PR event that implies that Hillary is pro-defense. I know that Paul Buffoni would have told her to pound sand just like he did with Milwaukee in the incident I linked to."

I had to google who Paul Buffoni is. (He's Bravo Company). What percentage of Bravo Company's business is DOD sales, and how do you think that compares with Team Wendy?

Team Wendy hosting Hillary is probably a smart business move.

Tamara
06-11-2016, 06:29 PM
That's not what I said or at least what I attempted to say.

I didn't say that's what you said.

I said that's what I wrote.

Gray222
06-11-2016, 06:56 PM
I had to google who Paul Buffoni is. (He's Bravo Company). What percentage of Bravo Company's business is DOD sales, and how do you think that compares with Team Wendy?

Team Wendy hosting Hillary is probably a smart business move.

Smart? I'd say it was a gamble.

Who is going to buy on a regular basis? Good if they get gov contracts bad if they don't. Very bad if they get disavowed by their target audience.

Gray222
06-11-2016, 07:02 PM
http://www.campaignmoney.com/political/contributions/dan-moore.asp?cycle=08

Apparently the CEO is a contributing left supporter.

Fuck him and his turncoat kind.

Elkhitman
06-11-2016, 07:52 PM
That was a great book, I read it like 20 years ago and still recommend it to people. The woman is evil.

Elkhitman
06-11-2016, 07:54 PM
I urge everyone to read "Dereliction of Duty," by Lt. Col. Buzz Paterson (ret). Paterson carried the nuclear codes for Billy Bob. You think you know everything about the Clinton White House years - you will now.

great book, I read it like 20 years ago. I still recommend it to people. The woman is evil.

redbone
06-11-2016, 07:57 PM
Very bad if they get disavowed by their target audience.

You clearly don't know who their target audience is. I already gave you a hint. It is not the LARPers that spend time on gun forums.

BehindBlueI's
06-11-2016, 08:02 PM
For anyone else like me who figured Team Wendy made hamburgers and baked potatoes with chili and cheese, let me save you a Google and say apparently they make helmets and whatnot.

http://www.teamwendy.com/

Carry on.

orionz06
06-11-2016, 08:06 PM
http://www.campaignmoney.com/political/contributions/dan-moore.asp?cycle=08

Apparently the CEO is a contributing left supporter.

Fuck him and his turncoat kind.

Well ain't that just a bitch.

11B10
06-11-2016, 08:11 PM
Brilliant in the OP is italicized for emphasis. You can read that as the sarcasm tag.

Thanks.

LittleLebowski
06-11-2016, 08:13 PM
Thanks.

If it helps, my wife often doesn't get my humor either :D

11B10
06-11-2016, 08:22 PM
Team Wendy's CEO has made campaign donations to Sherrod Brown. I get "realpolitik" and all that but again, I wish more were like Paul Buffoni.

http://www.10tv.com/content/stories/2012/12/17/ohio-kasich-will-sign-new-gun-law.html

Paul Buffoni not only has himself and his business squared away, he should be on recruiting posters!

11B10
06-11-2016, 08:40 PM
If it helps, my wife often doesn't get my humor either :D

I thought I had the only bride like that.

rcbusmc24
06-11-2016, 08:51 PM
The number of people purchasing 1000 dollar helmets from team wendy for personal use pales in comparison with the numbers being purchased by the Aussie Army, numerous federal, state and local agencies as well as other organizations that buy armor in large numbers. I guess I'll just have to pull the patch off of my personal one , but I'm not going to get rid of it just because the guy who owns the company happens to be a minor democratic party supporter from Cleveland...... who'da thunk that. It's gonna get real lonely out there in gun land if we can only buy products made by people who believe exactly as we do on all issues.

I too wish that more business owners were like Paul Buffoni as well, I like to think it's the Marine in him.

orionz06
06-11-2016, 08:55 PM
The number of people purchasing 1000 dollar helmets from team wendy for personal use pales in comparison with the numbers being purchased by the Aussie Army, numerous federal, state and local agencies as well as other organizations that buy armor in large numbers. I guess I'll just have to pull the patch off of my personal one , but I'm not going to get rid of it just because the guy who owns the company happens to be a minor democratic party supporter from Cleveland...... who'da thunk that. It's gonna get real lonely out there in gun land if we can only buy products made by people who believe exactly as we do on all issues.

I too wish that more business owners were like Paul Buffoni as well, I like to think it's the Marine in him.

There are a few good helmet companies out there. Only one has hosted Hillary.

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using an owl

rcbusmc24
06-11-2016, 09:01 PM
True....

LittleLebowski
06-11-2016, 09:12 PM
First I bought some of Paul Buffoni's products. Then I spoke with him over the phone. Then I met him in person. I sincerely doubt there's many of his caliber in any industry. We're seriously lucky to have him around.

rcbusmc24
06-11-2016, 09:28 PM
Meanwhile, at the offices of OpsCore:

Drang
06-12-2016, 12:37 AM
For anyone else like me who figured Team Wendy made hamburgers and baked potatoes with chili and cheese, let me save you a Google and say apparently they make helmets and whatnot.
So I'm not the only one...

Gray222
06-12-2016, 06:34 AM

Lonely? Yea, maybe.

I rather be lonely than not have stood by morals and ethics.

As oroionz06 said, there are other companies put there, and you'll have no issue selling your helmet.

Support those who support you, and short of that is ignorant.

Casual Friday
06-12-2016, 09:20 AM
From Tac Insider Network Facebook page.

LittleLebowski
06-15-2016, 06:31 AM
Team Wendy is getting dropped by other companies like TNVC (https://tnvc.com) and DSG (https://dsgarms.com).

The backlash in the gun world over Hillary visiting Team Wendy was not unfounded. She used the event as a campaign rally in which she spoke about gun control, about 16:20 in the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8LlXVqNTtA