PDA

View Full Version : The Nano is on dealers shelves

JodyH
11-01-2011, 08:09 PM
The Beretta Nano is now on dealers shelves.
Maybe now Todd can tell us why it sucks.

phidelta308
11-01-2011, 08:22 PM
I heart Beretta, but I really wish that they would have brought back the 92 Compact Type M instead of going to a striker fired design. That said, I'm interested in the Nano, and may get one, just not right away.

ToddG
11-02-2011, 10:12 AM
Maybe now Todd can tell us why it sucks.

I'm confident the marketplace will explain everything soon enough.

jetfire
11-02-2011, 12:01 PM
Lemme take a stab at this: instead of doing something cool like bringing back the Elite, Beretta decided that what they really need is a single stack 9 so they can compete with Ruger/Kahr/Kimber.

Mitchell, Esq.
11-02-2011, 03:46 PM
I'm confident the marketplace will explain everything soon enough.

Glock tease...

JodyH
11-02-2011, 05:23 PM
The Nano is pretty much identical in size and capacity to my Kahr PM9 (the Nano's slide is about 0.15" longer) looks like a great pocket carry BUG alternative to the hit or miss QC Kahrs... IF the Nano is actually reliable and durable.
The lack of a slide release is not a concern of mine since I never carry a spare mag for my PM9 BUG anyway.
My PM9 has been flawless, but if it does take a dump on me I want some options.

As far as Glock coming out with a micro-9mm... after the Gen4 fiasco I won't be Gastons guinea pig, Beretta doesn't have a perfect track record but i'd give them a try before I would a new Glock design.

;)

JodyH
11-02-2011, 05:24 PM
Lemme take a stab at this: instead of doing something cool like bringing back the Elite, Beretta decided that what they really need is a single stack 9 so they can compete with Ruger/Kahr/Kimber.
That's where the money is right now.
Micro's fly out of the gun stores, expensive full sized "competition" guns gather dust.

jetfire
11-02-2011, 05:29 PM
Yes, I'm quite aware of that.

JodyH
11-02-2011, 06:14 PM
Actually any Bubba-handgun in .410 is the big seller right now.
THAT is what's sad.

JHC
11-02-2011, 07:11 PM
1000 rounds through a gun stripped of lube in the solvent tank . . . that factory vid was pretty interesting. But the market always does settle it all finally.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOsIr3xsv2w

TGS
11-02-2011, 07:33 PM
1000 rounds through a gun stripped of lube in the solvent tank . . . that factory vid was pretty interesting. But the market always does settle it all finally.

That's neat, thanks for the link. I'm never against a new option on the market, hopefully it turns out well.

DannyZRC
11-02-2011, 08:26 PM
I'm not a beretta hater, but I imagine that running the gun totally dry doesn't hurt the short term reliability so much as the long term durability.

Nephrology
11-02-2011, 09:21 PM
Well historically speaking Beretta 92/6 model pistols have always required a decent amount of lube relative to Glocks, for example.

joshs
11-03-2011, 10:38 AM

The Beretta Nano: Impervious to oil gremlins.

matman
12-22-2011, 12:35 AM
Well at least it's not as finicky (on camera) as my issued beretta I deployed with was. That thing would choke up BAD with a few mags of rapid fire, and if it wasn't lubed it would slow WAY down or stove pipe until the rails had been relubed. I had a dry fire and lubrication routine almost daily which help my skill with the horrible trigger n kept it going.

Id probably never buy this unless someone I know and trust was to say its 100% good to go, just based on my prior experience with with and on Berettas in the Military. Great to see the company torture testing a mouse gun though!

Sparks2112
12-22-2011, 06:14 AM
We had six that sold before we were even done unboxing them. IMO the kahr series seems like a much better option. I wasn't impressed with the nano I handled.

nwhpfan
12-22-2011, 12:58 PM
I hope it works for them. Personally, I'll stick with the PM9 I have now.

Rappahannock
12-26-2011, 10:55 AM
Does anybody have any comparisons between the Walther PPS and the Nano as far as dimensions?

Just curious. I like the PPS and it would take a lot to get me to even consider the Beretta. Still, I'm kind of curious.

will_1400
12-26-2011, 08:21 PM
Well at least it's not as finicky (on camera) as my issued beretta I deployed with was. That thing would choke up BAD with a few mags of rapid fire, and if it wasn't lubed it would slow WAY down or stove pipe until the rails had been relubed. I had a dry fire and lubrication routine almost daily which help my skill with the horrible trigger n kept it going.

Id probably never buy this unless someone I know and trust was to say its 100% good to go, just based on my prior experience with with and on Berettas in the Military. Great to see the company torture testing a mouse gun though!

Please note this is a massive ASSumption. That's probably the result of an old beat-to-shit M9 that has been abused and gone through piss-poor maitainence. I know the M16A2 I was issued in basic for my quals looked to be as old as me and came with with beat-up magazines. Granted the only failure I had was the numb-nut on the trigger (that would be me) reloaded an empty mag during one of the strings, however there were failures down the line from me that were attributed to a mix of old guns and bad magazines. Again this is my assumption, but the 92 series Berettas are solid guns, if a bit dated.