PDA

View Full Version : IDPA endorses Trump

Peally
06-08-2016, 07:03 PM
LMAO, that is all.

http://www.recoilweb.com/idpa-announces-support-of-donald-trump-99689.html

orionz06
06-08-2016, 07:38 PM
I'll wait for our IDPA rep to come in and elaborate why this is the best thing in the world.

HCM
06-08-2016, 07:39 PM
Trump can adopt IDPA's loyalty oath.

David S.
06-08-2016, 07:41 PM
*sigh*

RoyGBiv
06-08-2016, 08:08 PM
Plenty of reasons for 2A organizations to endorse whoever is the the GOP nominee. Too bad he's such a dick. Did you see his speech last night? Gave me the bends.

Clusterfrack
06-08-2016, 08:31 PM
Next up: IDPA bans for life anyone not endorsing Trump, and bans the area coordinator who allowed this to happen.
https://m.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1118383828203847&id=142020809173492&comment_id=1120121904696706&comment_tracking=%7B%22tn%22%3A%22R0%22%7D

orionz06
06-08-2016, 08:37 PM
Next up: IDPA bans for life anyone not endorsing Trump, and bans the area coordinator who allowed this to happen.

Bill Drill renamed to the Trump Dump.

Edwin
06-08-2016, 09:33 PM
What the ever loving fuck is wrong with these people?

Clusterfrack
06-08-2016, 09:44 PM
What the ever loving fuck is wrong with these people?

No clue. I got bored and let my membership lapse--otherwise I would be embarrassed to be an IDPA member.

Drang
06-09-2016, 01:00 AM
Bill Drill renamed to the Trump Dump.

Damn it, man, you almost made me waste a perfectly good mouthful of beer (http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/20680/71718/)!

Randy Harris
06-09-2016, 02:28 PM
I guess that the IDPA folks have recognized that Trump , while an unknown political quantity, is no Hillary Clinton. We know FOR SURE what Hillary's 2nd Amendment stance is and it is not friendly. We know FOR SURE what kind of Supreme Court justices she will appoint. On the other hand if you take Trump at his word, he says will appoint pro constructionist judges who believe in the original intent not political activists who view the Constitution as a "Living document" and who will quibble over what the definition of "is" is if it suits their anti 2nd amendment stance.....So while Trump may not be an ideal conservative candidate we know for darn sure what we will get with the alternative.....

littlejerry
06-09-2016, 04:46 PM
To me it's poor taste for an org like IDPA, USPSA, or any other recreational shooting group to endorse a candidate. Especially one that prides itself on being the gateway drug for new competitive shooters.

Politics and candidates are more complicated than a single issue like the 2A.

Randy Harris
06-09-2016, 05:08 PM
And yet only one candidate is hell bent on making it as difficult to exercise that right as possible ..."IF it is in fact a right"...according to her own words.

orionz06
06-09-2016, 06:00 PM
Wonder if Trump competed if he'd roll in a suit or if he'd buy a competition specific vest?

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using an owl

D.O.A.F.S.
06-09-2016, 06:07 PM
I guess that the IDPA folks have recognized that Trump , while an unknown political quantity, is no Hillary Clinton. We know FOR SURE what Hillary's 2nd Amendment stance is and it is not friendly. We know FOR SURE what kind of Supreme Court justices she will appoint. On the other hand if you take Trump at his word, he says will appoint pro constructionist judges who believe in the original intent not political activists who view the Constitution as a "Living document" and who will quibble over what the definition of "is" is if it suits their anti 2nd amendment stance.....So while Trump may not be an ideal conservative candidate we know for darn sure what we will get with the alternative.....

Omen brother! I'm no Trump supporter but "ANYONE" but Hillary. I've seen this style thread on every gun forum I'm on and can't believe some peoples posts, I just shake my head. Take away everything else from her past, she has stated numerous times her agenda for guns. With the ground work that has already been laid the last 8 years and the Supreme Court appointments that will be made this next term, ALL her dreams and delusions can come true, and a nightmare for us it will be.

JAD
06-09-2016, 06:13 PM
Politics and candidates are more complicated than a single issue like the 2A.

That's not usually super true for corporations (like IDPA). If they have a deep seated interest in an issue (an existential one in particular) they routinely support candidates who are relatively strong on that issue. A company I used to work for was dependent on defense spending, and spent a lot of money supporting candidates who were liberal spenders in that arena. The candidates' other views weren't really relevant.

I never had a problem with that.

1911Nut
06-09-2016, 07:16 PM
Does anyone know what reason(s) were behind the IDPA banning of the gentleman mentioned in the attached link?

TheRoland
06-09-2016, 07:16 PM
IDPA has never before endorsed a candidate, to my knowledge. They're essentially a sports league, they're not the NRA.

It's bizarre behavior in a year full of it.

Clusterfrack
06-09-2016, 07:35 PM
IDPA has never before endorsed a candidate, to my knowledge. They're essentially a sports league, they're not the NRA.

It's bizarre behavior in a year full of it.

Sports league? For profit business? Fan club? Cult?

Agree on the bizarre behavior--Trump endorsement is the least of it.

Randy Harris
06-09-2016, 08:20 PM
Does anyone know what reason(s) were behind the IDPA banning of the gentleman mentioned in the attached link?

Yes I do know.

Randy Harris
06-09-2016, 08:35 PM
The guy who got banned was the previous area coordinator for Tennessee. He essentially rubbed a lot of people the wrong way with the way he did the AC job. He was always nice to me but I'm not really a gamer, I just shoot to see how I will do against the gamers so I didn't take him as seriously and get as upset about things as others did. He even publicly called out Bill Wilson and Joyce Wilson (who is the Executive Director of IDPA) claiming Bill "cheated" at a match because he did not have a current classification and to top it off he had too much to drink and made an ass of himself after a regional match using some rather foul language in front of women and children and that was the final straw with the "code of conduct" . He got replaced as the AC and put on "probation" but continued to shoot apparently under an assumed name.... so he got banned.

Clusterfrack
06-09-2016, 09:33 PM
The ban isn't the issue, it's the way it was done--like a LDS excommunication where no one can associate with him or risk a ban.

And why is it a problem to "call out" the Wilsons? Did Phil Strader (former USPSA Pres) try to ban his critics?

Luke
06-09-2016, 10:13 PM
The ban isn't the issue, it's the way it was done--like a LDS excommunication where no one can associate with him or risk a ban.

And why is it a problem to "call out" the Wilsons? Did Phil Strader (former USPSA Pres) try to ban his critics?

That's what a tactical priority banning looks like. But I agree, failure to do right for not using cover when banning him.

cclaxton
06-09-2016, 10:49 PM
I am not a defender of Trump, but his endorsement by the NRA and his strong support for concealed carry and his public statements on concealed carry are much stronger than other Republican candidates and even people like Romney. Here is Trump's statement from his website:
"NATIONAL RIGHT TO CARRY. The right of self-defense doesn’t stop at the end of your driveway. That’s why I have a concealed carry permit and why tens of millions of Americans do too. That permit should be valid in all 50 states. A driver’s license works in every state, so it’s common sense that a concealed carry permit should work in every state. If we can do that for driving – which is a privilege, not a right – then surely we can do that for concealed carry, which is a right, not a privilege."

Promoting concealed carry helps IDPA, plain and simple. The main reason I am such a big supporter of IDPA is getting inexperienced concealed carry owners to develop their safety and shooting skills. The more proficient concealed carriers are, the better we will be perceived by the general public, and the better chance they have of defending themselves and avoiding legal liability. Who isn't tired of seeing people at the range being unsafe?

I am not here to debate it or defend it...I just wanted to explain why IDPA endorsed Trump.

The AC Issue with Nicky Carter is unrelated to this topic. If you would have seen/heard how this guy behaved, you would have kicked him out too. This was not Nicky's decision, but it could have been handled better. He made a mistake, we all do. He learned from it, let's move on.
Thanks,
Cody

Randy Harris
06-10-2016, 07:48 AM

There is a right way to do things and a wrong way....on BOTH ends. You can quietly "call out" someone in a manner that does not bring undue attention or you can scream from the rooftop in order to publicly embarrass them. Which do you think is the better way to handle it? You can express your reservations or displeasure about something quietly like an adult or you can act like a horse's ass. Which do you think is more likely to lead to a lifetime ban?

After several incidents, the drunken "code of conduct" shenanigans and then not respecting the temporary ban by shooting under a different name, IDPA finally dropped the hammer. Could they have done it differently ? Probably but I think it just simply got to the point that they were just done dealing with him. He refused to listen and was going to do what he wanted to do...no matter what. But that is just my perspective living in the area where this happened....

Glenn E. Meyer
06-10-2016, 11:40 AM
Failure to Vote Right - how many points down? Let's see Trump show up at a rally in a shoot-me first vest.

Trump - Dump - got to love it. Doesn't Donald have a Sig and a snubby?

orionz06
06-10-2016, 11:59 AM
Failure to Vote Right - how many points down? Let's see Trump show up at a rally in a shoot-me first vest.

Trump - Dump - got to love it. Doesn't Donald have a Sig and a snubby?

4.5/5!
https://i.imgur.com/jVqMiXO.png

punkey71
06-10-2016, 03:16 PM
They only endorsed him because he promised to increase the size of the -0 and make Mexico pay for all the new targets.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mr_White
06-10-2016, 03:55 PM
They only endorsed him because he promised to increase the size of the -0 and make Mexico pay for all the new targets.

I would have thought he'd make GADPA pay for the new targets...

Edwin
06-10-2016, 04:00 PM
Yes, lets endorse a homophobic, Latino-hating, Muslim-hating, racist, sexist pig further alienating the very demographics we need to win over and fold into the 2a and competitive shooting communities to shore up our legislative support.

https://i.imgur.com/f0AoMPG.gif

Glenn E. Meyer
06-10-2016, 04:51 PM
Trump is certainly devolving as a candidate. Even 2nd Amend. do or die folks (like me) have to be appalled at his recent stupidity.

Wobblie
06-11-2016, 08:36 AM
Trump is certainly devolving as a candidate. Even 2nd Amend. do or die folks (like me) have to be appalled at his recent stupidity.

It's my hope that both The Donald and Hillary shit the bed as candidates and are replaced before the general election by their respective parties. One for being a flaming idiot the other for being a lying criminal.

11B10
06-11-2016, 12:17 PM
Yes, lets endorse a homophobic, Latino-hating, Muslim-hating, racist, sexist pig further alienating the very demographics we need to win over and fold into the 2a and competitive shooting communities to shore up our legislative support.

https://i.imgur.com/f0AoMPG.gif

I couldn't agree more with your assessment of "the Donald," but the only alternative right now is Hillary and all those wonderful judges she will be appointing.

Drang
06-11-2016, 12:19 PM
It's my hope that both The Donald and Hillary shit the bed as candidates and are replaced before the general election by their respective parties. One for being a flaming idiot the other for being a lying criminal.

From your keyboard to God's, um, eyes.

Damn, some old sayings just don't update well.

Peally
06-14-2016, 09:52 AM
For the boobs supporting this decision, it's working great. My IDPA membership will be officially expired indefinitely as of October 14th, 2016. It can't come soon enough.

orionz06
06-14-2016, 09:59 AM
They're gonna kick you outta the training matches.

Peally
06-14-2016, 10:12 AM
Disaster :cool:

retdusm
06-16-2016, 05:14 PM
My IDPA number is A00149.I joined in 1996.Donald is a con man. Had he not inherited 200 million or so he would be selling counterfeit Rolexes on Canal Street.IDPA and the NRA will see no more of my money!

Luke
06-16-2016, 05:19 PM
My IDPA number is A00149.I joined in 1996.Donald is a con man. Had he not inherited 200 million or so he would be selling counterfeit Rolexes on Canal Street.IDPA and the NRA will see no more of my money!

That's the spirit!

Now come join uspsa.

D.O.A.F.S.
06-16-2016, 07:19 PM
Curious...I am no lover of trump but what other option is there? Not voting for trump is a vote for hc and she has told everyone her agenda.

Peally
06-17-2016, 05:24 AM
That's magical, but IDGAF what IDPA or any other sporting organization's opinion is, that's not why I pay them. They need a serious internal look at their problems, not political endorsements of the jackass of the week.

Hambo
06-17-2016, 09:07 AM
Curious...I am no lover of trump but what other option is there? Not voting for trump is a vote for hc and she has told everyone her agenda.

Voting for him guarantees what as far as 2A issues? Fuck all as far as I can tell. It doesn't matter which monkey flies the plane, our only hope is in congress and those are the races we need to concentrate on.

cclaxton
06-20-2016, 07:48 AM
Voting for him guarantees what as far as 2A issues? Fuck all as far as I can tell. It doesn't matter which monkey flies the plane, our only hope is in congress and those are the races we need to concentrate on.
When did anything get guaranteed when electing politicians? I don't think anything has ever been guaranteed by electing a politician.
Cody

robertbank
11-02-2016, 10:16 AM
One of the things I admire about the republican style of government the US uses is the checks and balances it has. Unlike Canada where once a political party forms the Government, the party effectively controls all legislation that gets passed. We have a Senate that reviews and recommends changes to the legislation occasionally but for the most part if the Liberals or Conservatives form the government they can pretty much do what they want. Our Supreme Court when legislation is referred to them ensures any legislation that does get passed is within the bounds of the Constitution.

Your President has limited power when it comes to actual legislation and both the House and Senate provide control of what a potential wing nut like Trump or Hillary can do. That said, while neither candidate appear to me to be great choices the one who lies the most is Trump not Hillary and it isn't even close. This guy has a pending fraud charge against him, a potential rape investigation pending and is completely ignorant when it comes to foreign affairs.

From what I can see Trump is nothing more than a cheap chiseler and the Republican Party has nobody but themselves for allowing this clown to get where he is. I have the deepest respect for my American friends and am confident most will hold their noses and elect Hillary over The Donald while ensuring the Republicans control the Hose and Senate.

As for IDPA endorsing Trump? Why not this decision follows in the path of equally well thought out decisions relating to the sport. Sad really the concept is great but IDPA has evolved into nothing more than USPSA with a cover garment, Joyce would be well advised to stick to her knitting and leave politics and running IDPA to professional management.

Peally
11-02-2016, 10:19 AM
This thread is a half year old bro.

robertbank
11-02-2016, 10:22 AM
Yup and you folks are about to crown your next President bro. I hope IDPA's endorsement is about as sucessful as their last attempt at writing a rule book.

Peally
11-02-2016, 10:51 AM
IDPA has jack shit to do with the election. As far as wanting Hillary in office all I can say is "LOL"

robertbank
11-02-2016, 11:10 AM
IDPA has jack shit to do with the election. As far as wanting Hillary in office all I can say is "LOL"

You prefer Trump! It will be a race for the bottom. God help the US if he gets in power.

Peally
11-02-2016, 11:25 AM
Did I say that? I'm simply implying that anyone that wants Hillary in office either hasn't been following the she-devil closely enough to realize she's a pure piece of shit human being (you're right here, which is fine), or is plain batshit whacked out retarded (your average Hillary voter in the US, which is not fine).

They're both limited in power per your own words, I don't know what you're worried about. IDPA has changed no one's mind (except me not renewing my membership anymore).

Kyle Reese
11-02-2016, 05:27 PM
One of the things I admire about the republican style of government the US uses is the checks and balances it has. Unlike Canada where once a political party forms the Government, the party effectively controls all legislation that gets passed. We have a Senate that reviews and recommends changes to the legislation occasionally but for the most part if the Liberals or Conservatives form the government they can pretty much do what they want. Our Supreme Court when legislation is referred to them ensures any legislation that does get passed is within the bounds of the Constitution.

Your President has limited power when it comes to actual legislation and both the House and Senate provide control of what a potential wing nut like Trump or Hillary can do. That said, while neither candidate appear to me to be great choices the one who lies the most is Trump not Hillary and it isn't even close. This guy has a pending fraud charge against him, a potential rape investigation pending and is completely ignorant when it comes to foreign affairs.

From what I can see Trump is nothing more than a cheap chiseler and the Republican Party has nobody but themselves for allowing this clown to get where he is. I have the deepest respect for my American friends and am confident most will hold their noses and elect Hillary over The Donald while ensuring the Republicans control the Hose and Senate.

As for IDPA endorsing Trump? Why not this decision follows in the path of equally well thought out decisions relating to the sport. Sad really the concept is great but IDPA has evolved into nothing more than USPSA with a cover garment, Joyce would be well advised to stick to her knitting and leave politics and running IDPA to professional management.

How's Trudeau working out for you guys?

robertbank
11-02-2016, 09:46 PM
Turdo is being about as arrogant as one would expect from a part time drama teacher turned Prime Minister who counts himself as a Liberal Elitist. He is running a federal Deficit that will hit 25 Billion Cdn vs his budget of 15 Billion. The only good news is he hasn't groped anyone lately. We will have him until his party gets caught with their hands firmly in the pocket of the taxpayer and then and only then will the Eastern voters decide it was a bad idea and help elect a Conservative Gov't.

Turdo is an treat vs anything you are going to have to put up with under a Trump Presidency. At the very least we know what we can expect from Turdo...nothing but more debt to finance his give away programs to his dead beat followers and an embarrassing foreign policy. With Trump you folks will be lucky to have any economy left after he applies his "business skills" to running your country.

Good luck, if we can survive a second generation of Trudeaus you guys will survive one way or another with either of the two twits you got going for yourselves down there.

We have a lot more in common than meets the eye!

robertbank
11-02-2016, 10:02 PM
Well, if some dude in Canada wants me to vote for Hillary that's good enough for me!

Hey it isn't my fault you have the two choices you have. Neither one ought to be allowed to run a hammer let alone a country the size of the US. The Demos just through Hillary out there, expecting to lose. The Republicans actually chose Trump. If he loses the election the party of Lincoln has nobody to blame but themselves. Did anyone vet this clown? Five bankruptcies, a fraud charge pending, a possible rape charge before a judge, married three times, a proud philander, running a foundation used to pay his legal bills from various law suits. Sounds like a great candidate to me. Hell, we at least have a part time drama teacher who hasn't worked a day in his sheltered life for a Prime Minister I guess from that he might have potential.:(

Tells me we live in two great countries. They must be great to survive the idiots we put in charge of the place!

Take Care

Glenn E. Meyer
11-02-2016, 10:21 PM
Iranian viewpoint:

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-iran-idUSKCN12N0G0

Iranian President Hassan Rouhani said on Sunday the choice offered to voters in the U.S. presidential election was between "bad and worse" and that harsh exchanges in the debates pointed to a lack of morality in America, Tehran's arch adversary.

What does the Iranian Defensive Pistol Ayatollah say?

Wheeler
11-02-2016, 10:25 PM
I would have thought he'd make GADPA pay for the new targets...

Nah. After the entire GADPA BoD was banned for their own cheating scandal they came up with their very own targets.

Zincwarrior
11-03-2016, 06:28 AM
Nah. After the entire GADPA BoD was banned for their own cheating scandal they came up with their very own targets.
What is that again?

Randy Harris
11-03-2016, 08:17 AM
I think most Canadians will find that most Americans neither asked for nor care about THEIR thoughts on OUR election.

If Trump wins then maybe you can move to.....oh wait..... you already live in Canada....

Peally
11-03-2016, 08:20 AM
Iranian viewpoint:

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-iran-idUSKCN12N0G0

What does the Iranian Defensive Pistol Ayatollah say?

Normally I'd agree regarding the lack of morality, but coming from Iran that's laughable.

Glenn E. Meyer
11-03-2016, 09:48 AM
That was the point. BTW, no one moves to Canada after an election because of the results. That's been studied.