PDA

View Full Version : 92a1 OWB

breakingtime91
06-08-2016, 06:27 PM
So, I am looking for a good owb for 92a1. I have an idea of what I want but wanted to see what others would suggest. Intention is for training since I can't conceal carry in Illinois (not my choice to live there, wife got orders). So let me know which ones you think are cool. not really looking for a retention holster, just something nice that I can train out of since AIWB is a no go.

JTQ
06-08-2016, 06:54 PM
One of the guys on another forum used an Alessi ACP https://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=113355

Sero Sed Serio
06-08-2016, 08:34 PM
Safariland ALS or JMCK OWB. I have the JMCK OWB version 2 for my P2000 w/Surefire X300, which is a lower profile version of their regular OWB holster, and conceals pretty decently if you're thinking you might want that as a feature later.

JAD
06-08-2016, 08:40 PM
My nicest range holsters in Kydex that are not jmck are dale Fricke Gideon elites. My nicest leather ones are Alessi DOJs.

StraitR
06-08-2016, 09:01 PM
For what you're looking to do, there's nothing wrong with a good old fashioned Blade-tech (http://shop.blade-tech.com/index.php?cPath=1_23_24#.V1jNS1d6rzI).

orionz06
06-08-2016, 09:03 PM
For what you're looking to do, there's nothing wrong with a good old fashioned Blade-tech (http://shop.blade-tech.com/index.php?cPath=1_23_24#.V1jNS1d6rzI).

Gotta agree here. I have one and will use it for dry fire and friends use them for games. They're not gonna win awards but they're hard to argue with. They're likely on Amazon as well, Prime to boot.

ydennekb
06-08-2016, 09:14 PM
I'm using a Safariland 578 for general ranch duties and it has held up well. I got caked by a dust devil and it made the mechanism a bit gritty but it still worked.

pangloss
06-08-2016, 09:19 PM
My nicest range holsters in Kydex that are not jmck are dale Fricke Gideon elites. My nicest leather ones are Alessi DOJs.

My experience with OWB holsters is limited, but I really really like Fricke's Gideon Elite. If I remember correctly, a few years ago he was making an AOWB holster. I've thought about seeing if I could get one of those just for range use. However, in actual practice, I do what StraitR suggested and have a Blade-tech for when I want to shoot from OWB.

Nephrology
06-08-2016, 09:47 PM
Blade tech is good. I have an early Comp Tac (before it was Comp Tac, supposedly) OWB holster that I am happy with. Haven't tried new Comp Tacs but I bet they are great too. Safariland also offers decent OWB offerings for a very low price.

Hot Sauce
06-08-2016, 10:02 PM
Gotta agree here. I have one and will use it for dry fire and friends use them for games. They're not gonna win awards but they're hard to argue with. They're likely on Amazon as well, Prime to boot.

I echo this. Got one for the Brig Tac and as just a drilling/gaming holster, it does exactly what it's supposed to do.

GJM
06-08-2016, 10:23 PM

The 92A1 is tricky in that it does not fit regular 92 and Brig holsters. I found the combo of a JM AIWB and Blade Tech for OWB covered it all for me.

orionz06
06-08-2016, 10:27 PM
The 92A1 is tricky in that it does not fit regular 92 and Brig holsters. I found the combo of a JM AIWB and Blade Tech for OWB covered it all for me.

If you do things right you can get them all in one holster. Wink, wink.

breakingtime91
06-08-2016, 10:30 PM
blade tech it is, thanks guys

JTQ
06-09-2016, 06:42 AM
If you do things right you can get them all in one holster. Wink, wink.
I've seen you comment in the past on working on a "universal" Beretta 92 holster. I've been intrigued. The 92FS, 92A1, Brigadier, Brigadier Tactical, 92G-SD, etc., all seem like they'd be awful difficult to fit in a single kydex holster. My hat's off to you for your efforts. It should be a great option for the Beretta owners.

orionz06
06-09-2016, 08:14 PM
I've seen you comment in the past on working on a "universal" Beretta 92 holster. I've been intrigued. The 92FS, 92A1, Brigadier, Brigadier Tactical, 92G-SD, etc., all seem like they'd be awful difficult to fit in a single kydex holster. My hat's off to you for your efforts. It should be a great option for the Beretta owners.

Someone here has one or two of them. I don't know that they work with a brig tac but the 92-m9-a1-a3 should be good. Gonna have some effort for them sooner than later but times a bitch. It is possible though.

Wisco
06-09-2016, 09:16 PM
If you find yourself looking for a light bearing rig for your A1, I'd recommend checking out Crown Holsters. I've got one for my 92A1 and TLR-1. It's the best light bearing kydex I've used. Retention is great, and it makes carrying a pretty big package really easy.

rd62
06-10-2016, 10:06 PM

I too have a Blade-tech for my 92a1.