PDA

View Full Version : G40 & G43 waiting for my return

Odin Bravo One
06-02-2016, 03:47 PM
Apparently my awesome bride purchased one of each of these to take up more limited space in the safe. What ammo are people using? Any quirky shit I need to know? Holster for the 43? Anyone make a rear pocket holster for this yet?

Thanks.

HCM
06-02-2016, 07:01 PM
Trigger on the 43 is a bit heavier than the standard Glock 9 trigger. 7-8lb range. Mine has run with everything but some examples don't play well with +P ammo. The first one we had run through our 50 round agency qual had 2 malfunctions. Shooter in question is competent.

I'm curious to hear feed back on the Glock 40 - I want one because / reasons.

El Cid
06-02-2016, 07:16 PM
Trigger on the 43 is a bit heavier than the standard Glock 9 trigger. 7-8lb range. Mine has run with everything but some examples don't play well with +P ammo. The first one we had run through our 50 round agency qual had 2 malfunctions. Shooter in question is competent.

I'm curious to hear feed back on the Glock 40 - I want one because / reasons.

I recently discovered they quietly fixed the trigger. New guns are coming with a different connector that is supposed to tremendously improve the feel and press. I'm hoping I can order the part for my 43.

Sean you're lucky to have a wife who is so thoughtful! And excellent choices IMO. My G40 shoots soft and is laser accurate. Im testing the Underwood Extreme Penetrator load and so far it feeds without issue. Put 60 rounds through it so far and am about to order more. I snagged a 22lb RSA but haven't tried it yet. KT-Mech is the best holster I've found to date. I try to email Raven monthly asking if they are making G40 kit yet.

http://i828.photobucket.com/albums/zz209/El_CidAF_ResQ/Mobile%20Uploads/FullSizeRender_zpsee5u4tmw.jpg
*was trying out the G21 FDE frame when I took the pic.

Haven't seen a rear pocket holster. I primarily use a soft Sticky brand pocket holster for my G43 (with TLR-6) around in athletic shorts. When in street clothes I sometimes use a Kydex holster from Detroit Holster.

http://i828.photobucket.com/albums/zz209/El_CidAF_ResQ/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_8242_zpswl8nzpdf.jpg

http://i828.photobucket.com/albums/zz209/El_CidAF_ResQ/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_9044_zpsmabmakdi.jpg

I also have the G-code but haven't used it other than around the house. Still not sure AIWB is for me.
http://i828.photobucket.com/albums/zz209/El_CidAF_ResQ/Mobile%20Uploads/FullSizeRender_zpsepltny0w.jpg

1911Nut
06-02-2016, 07:23 PM
The Glocktriggers.com trigger designed for the G43 is a significant improvement over the OEM trigger, but is still reliable. Mine shoots and 124 gr. ammo I have tried in it, including reloads with MG 124 JHP's. Carry ammo is Speer 124 gr. Gold Dot JHP's. JM Custom Kydex made my holster and single magazine pouch for this pistol. My pistol happens to be the TALO model, and I like the sights that came on the pistol.

Totem Polar
06-02-2016, 07:28 PM
43: As reliable as my other 9mm Glocks (GDHP in various weights and pressures seems to be fine) I prefer to exchange the connector for a ghost edge for the 42/43, for reasons noted above. OMMV. Our own dark star and jm custom will do kydex, and kydex "trigger guard" holsters for the 42 (eg fricke zacchaeus) will fit. No idea on rear pocket. Sights are slightly more limited: I'm still looking for a good red FO front/flat black rear combo for the 42/43.

FWIW.

Congrats on marrying well.

HCM
06-02-2016, 07:41 PM
El Cid - good to know on the trigger - how recent is the new connector ?

Sean- did she get you a 40 or a 40 MOS?

It goes without saying you married well.

Odin Bravo One
06-02-2016, 07:44 PM
Thanks for the replies. Keep em coming.

Yes, I married significantly above my social class. Both in pure class, and money. And she loves to shoot. But she hates Glocks, which makes the likelihood of her stealing These from me pretty slim.

El Cid
06-02-2016, 07:48 PM

From what I've read either April or May. New part number is 33564.

Details here: http://www.glocktalk.com/threads/new-glock-43-connector.1621534/
I know... I know... But from time to time the site has good info such as this. Lol!

VolGrad
06-02-2016, 07:55 PM
I primarily carry my G43 (my EDC) in a CCC VersaCarry. I have a OWB on order from JM Custom and it should arrive before long. I use Kytex Shooting Gear mag pouches.

The only thing I've done to my G43 is add a Ghost connector and replace the stock sights with NS.

Mine has been flawless over a thousand rounds or so. I have had no issues with any ammo. I carry Speer Gold Dot 124+P.

TC215
06-02-2016, 08:08 PM

I just got one of the new green G43's (I know, I know), and it does seem to have a better trigger than the G43 I bought (and have since sold) when they first came out.

HCM
06-02-2016, 08:14 PM
From what I've read either April or May. New part number is 33564.

Details here: http://www.glocktalk.com/threads/new-glock-43-connector.1621534/
I know... I know... But from time to time the site has good info such as this. Lol!

Thanks - we can't use any aftermarket parts other than sights so it's nice to hear the improved the G43 trigger. When work finally goes all 9mm and makes me give up my j frame, the 43 will be the BUG option.

El Cid
06-02-2016, 08:24 PM
Thanks - we can't use any aftermarket parts other than sights so it's nice to hear the improved the G43 trigger. When work finally goes all 9mm and makes me give up my j frame, the 43 will be the BUG option.

For pocket carry my G43 already replaced my snub. I don't find the trigger on mine that horrible. Of course I'm also not using it for 25 yard bullseyes. Lol! I also spend the first week of a new Glock cycling the slide and pressing the trigger over and over while watching tv. Not dry fire. Just clicking away to help introduce those parts to each other.

I just got one of the new green G43's (I know, I know), and it does seem to have a better trigger than the G43 I bought (and have since sold) when they first came out.

You'll get no grief from me about the non-black Glocks. I have at least one in every color they have made.

HCM
06-02-2016, 08:42 PM
For pocket carry my G43 already replaced my snub. I don't find the trigger on mine that horrible. Of course I'm also not using it for 25 yard bullseyes. Lol! I also spend the first week of a new Glock cycling the slide and pressing the trigger over and over while watching tv. Not dry fire. Just clicking away to help introduce those parts to each other.

The main reason I'm holding onto the J is the 43 is too small for my hands and bites the shit out of me at the base of the thumb. People with normal sized hands don't seem to have the issue.

23JAZ
06-02-2016, 09:14 PM
They don't exist yet, but when I get some G43 prototype gadgets made I'll send you one. Assuming you want it. :cool:
Just a reminder Tom I put my name in for a prototype months ago!;)

orionz06
06-02-2016, 09:42 PM
They don't exist yet, but when I get some G43 prototype gadgets made I'll send you one. Assuming you want it. :cool:

WANT

43: As reliable as my other 9mm Glocks (GDHP in various weights and pressures seems to be fine) I prefer to exchange the connector for a ghost edge for the 42/43, for reasons noted above. OMMV. Our own dark star and jm custom will do kydex, and kydex "trigger guard" holsters for the 42 (eg fricke zacchaeus) will fit. No idea on rear pocket. Sights are slightly more limited: I'm still looking for a good red FO front/flat black rear combo for the 42/43.

FWIW.

Congrats on marrying well.

Thankya!

If looking for the pocket I like the RCS pocket shield or the Desantis Nemesis.

warpedcamshaft
06-02-2016, 11:56 PM
I've been running the G43 from a ghetto-ass Claude Werner-inspired home built HDPE/Staple/Duct tape pocket holster. It has been working quite well for me. I've used variations of this type of holster for several years for specific needs. You can custom tailor this setup to any pocket dimension.

Absolutely 0 "Chicks Dig it" factor, but it works well enough.

I also have a phlster skeleton that I'm experimenting with, but am still messing around with it. Seems pretty versatile so far.

23JAZ
06-03-2016, 08:01 PM

Picked up a brand new G43 today and it's already screaming GADGET!!!!
https://pistol-forum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=8303&stc=1

Chuck Haggard
06-03-2016, 08:52 PM
Playing with a G43 myself for a bit now. Mine is 100% reliable so far, really decent shooter, even at the 25. Did the yard work today wearing in inside my gym shorts in a Keepers' Errand holster. It's a good combo. Tom's holsters from Dark Star Gear are GTG as well.

Tamara
06-03-2016, 09:32 PM
I can't look at a 10mm Glock anymore without mentally wondering how it would look with a 9x25 Dillon barrel. :o

El Cid
06-03-2016, 09:36 PM
I can't look at a 10mm Glock anymore without mentally wondering how it would look with a 9x25 Dillon barrel. :o
:D
http://i828.photobucket.com/albums/zz209/El_CidAF_ResQ/Mobile%20Uploads/FullSizeRender_zpsdblvt5xa.jpg

Tamara
06-04-2016, 12:09 AM
Oof...

Longslide MOS autocannon... That's just all ate up with "I Want To Believe." :eek:

23JAZ
06-05-2016, 08:05 PM
250 flawless rounds of federal Walmart special today through the new G43 with Pearce +1 extensions. I now know I keeping this one so I put a set of Trijicon HDs with Orange fronts on it. I've got 200 rounds of 147 GD G2 coming and 100 of 147 HST. I'll see which one it likes better, put another 250 target rounds through her and then she'll be with me everywhere, everyday.

Little Creek
06-11-2016, 09:13 AM
The main reason I'm holding onto the J is the 43 is too small for my hands and bites the shit out of me at the base of the thumb. People with normal sized hands don't seem to have the issue.

Try a different grip.

Little Creek
06-11-2016, 09:19 AM
250 flawless rounds of federal Walmart special today through the new G43 with Pearce +1 extensions. I now know I keeping this one so I put a set of Trijicon HDs with Orange fronts on it. I've got 200 rounds of 147 GD G2 coming and 100 of 147 HST. I'll see which one it likes better, put another 250 target rounds through her and then she'll be with me everywhere, everyday.

I recently put Ameriglo iHack sights on mine, love that big read dot and black rear. I have shot over 1000 115 gr ball and a couple of hundred 147 JHP through mine without a malfunction.

23JAZ
06-11-2016, 10:05 AM
I recently put Ameriglo iHack sights on mine, love that big read dot and black rear. I have shot over 1000 115 gr ball and a couple of hundred 147 JHP through mine without a malfunction.
I'm very pleased with mine. I checked about half a dozen of the ones they had in stock at the shop before deciding that one had the tightest slide to frame fit out of all of them. The guy behind the counter must of thought I was nuts. Since there is no spent casing anymore I contacted Glock and was told it was manufactured in 4/2016 and the trigger feels much lighter then my original from almost a year ago. All in all I'm very pleased. I really wanted to love the 642 but the 43 just checks more boxes off my list.

Little Creek
06-13-2016, 12:05 PM
http://i828.photobucket.com/albums/zz209/El_CidAF_ResQ/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_9044_zpsmabmakdi.jpg

Dude, who made this holster, I think I like it? Thanks

JHC
06-13-2016, 12:41 PM
FWIW the G43 I bought two weeks ago has one of the nicest triggers I've ever felt out of box on a Glock. It actually scales at 5.5 lbs and is remarkably smooth and cleanish breaking. I'm hoping this connector savvy they applied to the 43 continues across the product line.

El Cid
06-13-2016, 07:30 PM

Dude, who made this holster, I think I like it? Thanks

I'm very pleased with it. Bought one in left hand and one right hand. It's the John R from Detroit Holster.
http://www.detroitholster.com/store/product/john-r/

And for those who waited to get a G43... Rejoice. Picked up a new one today and it has a significantly nicer trigger feel. I don't have a gauge to test it but I can't imagine anyone having anything to gripe about with this gun now. My black 43 is very well broken in (lots of dry manipulations and close to 600 rounds) but I'll be buying the new connector for it as soon as Glock starts selling it.

http://i828.photobucket.com/albums/zz209/El_CidAF_ResQ/Mobile%20Uploads/FullSizeRender_zpsvqdv2esb.jpg

Chuck Haggard
06-13-2016, 09:19 PM
Among several other guns I took the G43 to a retired officer's qual range session at my old job's range.

Shot 115gr Silvertips, 147gr Ranger-T, and 115gr Blazer through the gun. Used a Vickers and a Ghost +2 base pad, pads, one each, on two of the mags to test them out. The Ghost seems solid, the Vickers I am leary of since the spring that comes with the base pad is the exact same size and coil count as the stock spring. Both shot fine with each of the listed loads though.

I ran the KS C-POST course (modified by me because I can, it's better that way, and ADD, squirrel........)

COF here;
http://www.kscpost.org/firearms.php

We are required by law to use the FBI or IALEFI Q targets, so I picked this one when I was running the program and the job has stuck with it;
http://www.targets.net/html/Targets/IALEFI/IALEFI%20Targets.html#

I mod the qual by side stepping not just at the 3 but the 5, 7 and 10. I also make all three shot drills into failure drills. Goal is not just all rounds in the "milk bottle", but all rounds in the face and chest circles. I was able to do so with the G43 rather easily, even with the shitty stock sights.

Used Spencer Keepers' "Errand" holster for the session.

Mine is 100% reliable so far, over 500 rounds. I think it's a really decent little gun.

LSP972
06-14-2016, 12:54 PM
Shot 115gr Silvertips, 147gr Ranger-T, and 115gr Blazer through the gun. Used a Vickers and a Ghost +2 base pad on two of the mags to test them out. The Ghost seems solid, the Vickers I am leary of since the spring that comes with the base pad is the exact same size and coil count as the stock spring. Both shot fine with each of the listed loads though.

I have Taran Tactical base plates; mostly +2s, but a couple of +1s. At first, they all came without springs and used the OEM 6 round spring. They worked fine with standard pressure Euro Pellet, but the +2 plates caused me a couple of malfs with +P ammunition. I'm not sure whether the slide was simply over-running the process because of the +P, or the weaker spring was the issue. I called Taran and they sent me their slightly longer mag spring for the +2 plates; the fellow said the +1 was fine with the original OEM spring.

I since have had no malfs, but I haven't (and won't) shoot any more +P ammunition, so I'm still not sure exactly what was the issue. All that said, I agree that the G43 is indeed a decent little pistol. I just ordered nine more of the +2 base plates from them, as I needed two more and other friends needed some as well. I have a thin kydex IWB carry holster, a couple of thin OWB single mag pouches by the same maker (RMHolster), and really a thin/excellent leather OWB mag pouch made by one of our leather guys here on the forum (have a photo of it in one of the G43 threads, I think).

The summer is really getting miserable here, and I had JUST decided to start carrying this neat little piece, for more all-day comfort, last Friday... and then find out that mooselimb asshole killed all those poor sods in Orlando. And it doesn't take an expert to figure out that more of these assaults WILL be happening... somewhere in the USA.

Sigh. Now what to do? Carrying a small/limited-capacity pistol is just the thing to have in the wrong place, at the wrong time...

BigDaddy
06-16-2016, 07:02 PM
If I may ask a question about the G43. Do you feel that the G43 is a good, for lack of a better term, "combat pistol"? While I own one and it's a great little pistol, I just feel more comfortable with my 239. I know it only holds two more rounds than my 43 but I was in a situation a few weeks ago in which I had thought (I was wrong ) that my wife and I were about to be attacked by five youths in a car at a fast food drive through lane. I was carrying the 43 that day but when this situation arose I found myself really wishing I had my Sig at that with me. Was I wrong?

HCM
06-17-2016, 02:23 AM
If I may ask a question about the G43. Do you feel that the G43 is a good, for lack of a better term, "combat pistol"? While I own one and it's a great little pistol, I just feel more comfortable with my 239. I know it only holds two more rounds than my 43 but I was in a situation a few weeks ago in which I had thought (I was wrong ) that my wife and I were about to be attacked by five youths in a car at a fast food drive through lane. I was carrying the 43 that day but when this situation arose I found myself really wishing I had my Sig at that with me. Was I wrong?

It really depends on how well you shoot each gun. I have large hands and find I shoot a P239, Glock 26 or a J frame significantly better than a G-43, but that's me.

The P-239 does not fill some secondary roles (pocket carry or ankle carry etc) as well as a 43. A 239 is really a belt holster gun, if you are ok with that as a constant in your life - 239. If dressing around the gun is not realistic, A 43 in hand is better than 239 in the safe.

lwt16
06-17-2016, 08:02 AM
My Glock 43 has been totally reliable after several hundred rounds. When I first got it, I tried a two hand thumbs forward grip and engaged the slide stop a bunch before the mag was depleted. Thumbs down eliminated the issue.

I have big hands and routinely do the same thing with 1911s.

My G43 rides in my trouser pocket support side at the LE gig. I put an Ameriglo orange Hackathorn front sight and an Ameriglo CLAW blacked out rear on it. I primarily shoot it one handed support side and with my 46 year old eyes, it's easy to pick up the
front sight and my hits are solid.

Rarely do I carry it as a primary and usually only when walking on the local walking trail. Pearce plus one baseplates work well too.

CR78
06-18-2016, 12:42 PM

I'm trying to figure out which sights to put on mine. All of my other Glocks have Warren 2 dot tritium rears and 10-8 tritium serrated fronts, but on the G43 I'm thinking of experimenting with a bright front sight. The Trijicon HDs look good to me, but I've read a few reports about them hitting pretty low on the G43 prescribed set. Jay, have you found that to be true? Little Creek, what about the Hacks? Anyone experiment with the Ameriglo Spartan or TCap sets?

Hambo
06-18-2016, 12:55 PM

Why would a couple more rounds help with 5:1 odds?

LSP552
06-18-2016, 02:56 PM

I owned a G43 for awhile before trading it off. I'd MUCH rather have my 239 than a 43 if I had to deliver hate. The 43 is light and small, but it's an order of magnitude harder to shoot well, for me anyway.

LSP972
06-18-2016, 09:37 PM
If I may ask a question about the G43. Do you feel that the G43 is a good, for lack of a better term, "combat pistol"?

The G43 is a nice little (and light) carry piece, that shoots pretty well for some folks with small hands… but I certainly wouldn't expect it to be a "combat pistol". I'm trying to get the new production connector, that allegedly provides a MUCH nicer trigger pull. The one I have works, but is quite hard and not for great shooting at 20-25 yards. The new, lighter connector supposedly shoots beautifully.

But back to your question… as I said, I had made up my mind to start carrying the G43, then the Orlando massacre deal makes me think that anything OTHER than a high-capacity "combat pistol" ( of which I have HK USP Compacts and Glock 19s) of some sort would be not so smart to EDC as a main pistol.

I agree with you… a 15-or-so round magazine pistol is quite a bit better if you get more than two bad guys to deal with. And nowadays, that is no faint dream. Anyway, I've put the G43 on standby, basically concerned that it don't carry enough bullets we may need. So, no… I don't think you're wrong.

tanner
06-19-2016, 07:40 PM
My experience with +p ammo resulting in malfunctions mirrors those above. When running 115 grain target ammo or standard pressure 124 grain Federal HST I haven't had an issue.

Trukinjp13
06-21-2016, 12:36 PM
I just bought the talo g43 weekend before last. Have ran 5 kinds of ammo through it. Shoots really good. So far so good on reliability. Carries easier then the shield for me. The newer triggers are nice out of the factory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VolGrad
06-22-2016, 11:49 AM
Thanks for the info on the new connector #. I have one on back-order from GLOCKPARTS.com . Supposed to be back in stock early July. I will move the Ghost from my G43 to the G42 and put the new OEM in the G43. Win all around.

JHC
06-22-2016, 06:15 PM
I'm trying to figure out which sights to put on mine. All of my other Glocks have Warren 2 dot tritium rears and 10-8 tritium serrated fronts, but on the G43 I'm thinking of experimenting with a bright front sight. The Trijicon HDs look good to me, but I've read a few reports about them hitting pretty low on the G43 prescribed set. Jay, have you found that to be true? Little Creek, what about the Hacks? Anyone experiment with the Ameriglo Spartan or TCap sets?

I put my first set of AmeriGlo CAP sights on my new 43 and I'm very impressed.