PDA

View Full Version : gruping to the left

irishshooter
10-31-2011, 10:40 AM
shooting and grouping to the left and having a hard time fixing this issue. right handed shooter, right eye dominant, thumbs foward grip consistently shooting/grouping to the left. any suggestions to erradicate this issue :mad: ? do i need more support hand pressure on the pistol? happens with all (MOST) of the pistols i shoot. looking to rub the Pistol-Forum bottle and get the magic answer!! thanks for the help!
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/391689_2334010083167_1637271249_2285639_1166046717 _n.jpg

irishshooter
10-31-2011, 11:04 AM
more trigger finger contact?

JeffJ
10-31-2011, 11:32 AM
With me, its the first (closest to palm) section, pad, area, whatever of the trigger finger that I need to make sure isn't touching the frame or when I flex the finger the flesh on that part of the finger bunches up and pushes the gun just a little left. Tom Givens calls it the finger bicep - you can see it flex if you just move your trigger finger back and forth.

irishshooter
10-31-2011, 12:11 PM
With me, its the first (closest to palm) section, pad, area, whatever of the trigger finger that I need to make sure isn't touching the frame or when I flex the finger the flesh on that part of the finger bunches up and pushes the gun just a little left. Tom Givens calls it the finger bicep - you can see it flex if you just move your trigger finger back and forth.

it does look like a little bicep!. i try and keep this off the gun as well, but i may try even harder now to see if this makes a difference. thanks

gtmtnbiker98
10-31-2011, 12:20 PM
Nothing glaring stands out - so that is a good thing. Have you tried adjusting trigger finger placement?

irishshooter
10-31-2011, 12:24 PM
Nothing glaring stands out - so that is a good thing. Have you tried adjusting trigger finger placement?

going to try a little more trigger finger and be cautious of contact on the frame with the finger as well. after shooting a fair amount of 1911 i got accustomed to less trigger finger and this certainly could be part of the problem, but boy breaking old habits is freakin hard!