PDA

View Full Version : glock sights

Steve m
03-02-2011, 09:11 AM
Ive got the ameriglo pro glo on my glock 19, the front is a tad wide at 25 yds. How does everyone like the warren tacticals on their glocks. Do they shoot poa/poi?

Jay Cunningham
03-02-2011, 09:13 AM
I've been very pleased with the Warren Tacticals and they seem to have always shot dead-on for me.

LittleLebowski
03-02-2011, 09:13 AM
Love 'em, have no problems, and shot well with them at a Vickers class where we stayed between 10 and 25 yards constantly for 3 days. The weapon shot where I aimed with the Warren 2 dots.

Steve m
03-02-2011, 09:38 AM
Good to hear, I think I will give them a try, I also like the set screw in the back, im just paranoid about rear falling off.

turbolag23
03-02-2011, 10:07 AM
good to hear, im looking at the warren tactical and FO front for my g35. after the GSSF match this past weekend id like an upgrade to the stock plastic sights. also interested if warrens shoot POI or 6 o'clock.

jslaker
03-02-2011, 10:42 AM
Definitely a topic of interest for me, as well. I'm thinking seriously about picking up a G19 in the near future, and I'm currently trying to decide whether to go ahead and get it with factory night sights or to buy the standard gun and add third party sights.

FWIW, I have Meprolights on my USPc and Siglite branded Mepros on my P226, and I've been fairly happy with them to date.

turbolag23
03-02-2011, 10:59 AM
Definitely a topic of interest for me, as well. I'm thinking seriously about picking up a G19 in the near future, and I'm currently trying to decide whether to go ahead and get it with factory night sights or to buy the standard gun and add third party sights.

FWIW, I have Meprolights on my USPc and Siglite branded Mepros on my P226, and I've been fairly happy with them to date.

I went with the Trijicon NS on my two carry guns and they are lower profile than stock and work well to carry. they arent the best for target shooting though. My dad has the Glock factory NS and the difference I notice between them and the Trijicons is that the factory ones have more of a white ring around the dots.

jslaker
03-02-2011, 11:03 AM
My dad has the Glock factory NS and the difference I notice between them and the Trijicons is that they have more of a white ring around the dots and are more visible in lighted conditions.

The factories have more of a white ring or the Trijicons do? Wasn't quite clear which you meant.

turbolag23
03-02-2011, 11:14 AM
The factories have more of a white ring or the Trijicons do? Wasn't quite clear which you meant.

sorry trying to post while at work.. the factory NS have more of a white ring than the Trijicons.

Both gen 3 from around sept 08, not sure if anything has changed.

jslaker
03-02-2011, 11:59 AM
sorry trying to post while at work.. the factory NS have more of a white ring than the Trijicons.

Both gen 3 from around sept 08, not sure if anything has changed.

Thanks for the info!

Steve m
03-02-2011, 01:09 PM
I may try out the warren's and paint the front orange. I love that touch, makes it fast to find the front sight.

KevH
03-02-2011, 01:57 PM
I've been running my older G22 Gen3 since the end of January.

In 2004 I put Heinie Slant Pro Straight Eights with the standard (gasp!) .125 rear notch. I haven't painted anything on these (yet) and I'm not quite as fast as I was with Warrens (yet), but I have noticed I have a much easier (and faster) time making accurate shots, such as head shots on a B27 target, at distances of 25 yards and beyond.

I got quite used to running a .140 or .156 rear notch in the past few years. Going to a smaller notch has been interesting. Now I need to build up my speed at closer distances.

VolGrad
03-02-2011, 02:02 PM
I actually asked Rick @ Ameriglo if we would ever see a .125 width ProGlo or if it was too thin to paint. He said they tried and it wasn't a success.

JonInWA
03-02-2011, 02:05 PM
I went with the Warren Tacticals on my G34 and have been very pleased with them. I painted the back face of the front sight first with white Liquid Paper, which served as a sort of a primer base (and also eases removal if you don't like the final result), and then applied a coat of Testor's Neon Green. This has really assisted and speeded up my sight acquisition on an already great design.

Best, Jon

MTechnik
03-02-2011, 02:19 PM
I actually asked Rick @ Ameriglo if we would ever see a .125 width ProGlo or if it was too thin to paint. He said they tried and it wasn't a success.

I feel bad, I keep bugging the poor guy asking about my FNP sights. Good guy, and very responsive!

VolGrad
03-02-2011, 04:36 PM
I feel bad, I keep bugging the poor guy asking about my FNP sights. Good guy, and very responsive!

Yes, but I eagerly await the day the product descriptions and pics actually match the item. They know it and have been "working on it" (but really nothing has changed) for a really long time now. They are also transitioning the rear sight profile to a ledge rather than slanted but there's no guarantee which you will get when you order until all the slanted ones are gone. This has been going on for a long time too.

I love the product and love the service they give you but it would make life easier if it was all just spelled out clearly up front, no backside service would be required.

willowofwisp
03-02-2011, 07:37 PM
I am liking the warren 3 dot sights.

MTechnik
03-02-2011, 07:51 PM
Yes, but I eagerly await the day the product descriptions and pics actually match the item. They know it and have been "working on it" (but really nothing has changed) for a really long time now. They are also transitioning the rear sight profile to a ledge rather than slanted but there's no guarantee which you will get when you order until all the slanted ones are gone. This has been going on for a long time too.

I love the product and love the service they give you but it would make life easier if it was all just spelled out clearly up front, no backside service would be required.

I wish the FNP had options more than just "yes" or "yellow/green" but at least there IS 'yellow/green'. (crossing my fingers for Friday.)