PDA

View Full Version : KelTec P11...I was double dog dared!

P.E. Kelley
05-13-2016, 10:28 AM
http://youtu.be/2A1EeoHhZ5I

Whirlwind06
05-13-2016, 11:13 AM
Thanks for the review, the P11 was one of my first compact carry guns. And yes the trigger sucks!
Something about the plastic trigger and the way the hammer drops, my finger starts stinging like I smacked it on something, even dry-firing it happens. Oh you may want to use a snap cap if you do a lot of dry-firing the firing pins are not that great.

Greg
05-13-2016, 11:23 AM
I paid a lot more $ to have an HK USP pinch my trigger finger :cool:

Duelist
05-13-2016, 09:58 PM
I carried one of those for a couple of years. Even euthanized a crippled deer with it. Trigger sucks, and there's not a lot you can do but suck it up and practice.

Poconnor
05-14-2016, 01:27 PM
I carried one for a few years using the bolt on side clip. I was carrying a 642 when I realized the P11 held twice as many similar rounds and the trigger was similar. I didn't mind the trigger. It reminded me of a DA revolver. Hold hard and pull smoothly. I'm back to carrying a 642 in my pocket and a service gun now. The plastic sights on mine are worn/rounded and it has a nice patina. (Fancy word for rust) but it never pitted. It malfunctioned ( magazine failed to feed; I don't think it was assembled correctly at factory) when I first got it. I disassembled the pistol and the mag and have had no more malfunctions but I admit I didn't shoot it often. I thought it was a carry often shoot rarely type which also why I got it in 9mm instead of 40 s&w. I never had a problem qualifying with it but I would not recommend it to a friend. The only reason I haven't sold it is because I don't think a dealer would give me 100 bucks for it. I just ordered a new Colt combat Commander so the keltec is going to preserve my marriage. Life is too short to use cheap guns and have an unhappy wife

JAD
05-16-2016, 01:00 PM
The P11 was an early experiment of mine. This was back in the ban days and s&w mags were relatively cheap, and I thought the belt clip was cool. Shot the thing at the gun store when I bought it and the trigger bar broke on round 48. Walked back up front and sent it back to KT. Came to pick it up 3 weeks later and the trigger bar broke on round 49. Back to KT and when it came back I moved it straight into used guns. I owned that gun for six weeks and never took it out of the gun shop.

I kept those two boxes with one and two rounds for a long time.

Whirlwind06
05-16-2016, 02:27 PM
I broke a couple ejectors on the one I owned. Not sure it KT still does this but back in 06-07 they would send you replacement parts for free. So after the first one broke I asked for a few of them.