PDA

View Full Version : Another ejector question

10-27-2011, 08:51 PM
I have 4 Gen 4 9mm Glocks, and a Gen 3 19. My Gen 4's are all ejecting sparatic and hitting me in the forhead on a very regular basis. I called Glock today and they told me to send them in and they would replace the ejector.

so here are my questions... All of my ejectors in all of my 9mm Glocks are the "336" one, including in my Gen 3. so how can the 336 ejector cause issues in the Gen 4's but not in the Gen 3's?

Glocks seem to have much smaller/thinner ejectors than any other gun make that i have seen. it seems like maybe they just need to beef them up a bit. Glock at least seems to be consistant in thinking this is the answer to the problem now. but I dont get how the same part fails consistantly in the new ones but not the old ones... any ideas?

ToddG
10-27-2011, 10:00 PM
so how can the 336 ejector cause issues in the Gen 4's but not in the Gen 3's?

The ejector sits in the gun at a slightly different angle in gen4 guns; the gen4 guns have substantially more tension in the recoil spring assembly; if your gen3 gun was produced prior to 2010 it has a different extractor, as well, and that plays a role, too.

10-27-2011, 10:14 PM
The ejector sits in the gun at a slightly different angle in gen4 guns; the gen4 guns have substantially more tension in the recoil spring assembly; if your gen3 gun was produced prior to 2010 it has a different extractor, as well, and that plays a role, too.

Thanks Todd. makes sense. I appreciate you taking the time to answer this for me.

jumpthestack
10-28-2011, 06:57 PM
If the recoil spring is stronger than on the gen 3, and the ammo is relatively weak, then that could cause erratic ejection and face hitting that only shows up on the gen 4. As a reloader, I've found that when I load up weak ammo, it becomes much more likely to have these kinds of problems.