PDA

View Full Version : What are working for Glock 43 AIWB holsters?

43Under
05-07-2016, 09:18 AM
I typically carry a G26 or 19 AIWB, and have used either the Dale Fricke Archangel or the RCS Eidolon (really liking the latter) for both.

I just got a 43, and am considering the Fricke, Keepers Errand, Dark Star Gear, and any others people may have good experience with. Budget is $100, but I welcome cheaper.

I did at least a cursory search but didn't see a dedicated thread.

Oh, I should add that I am particularly interested in mounting solutions. I'm typically a PTD loop guy, but I like the Eidolon clips and on a thin gun like the 43, I'm thinking a clip/clips may be better as they'll print less than PTD loops.

Oh, and I usually wear an Ares Aegis Enhanced belt.

Thanks!

Up1911Fan
05-07-2016, 10:05 AM
I have an Errand that works for me. I also wouldn't hesitate to use a DSG or JM Universal.

Jay Cunningham
05-07-2016, 10:33 AM
The Errand is awesome for my Glock 42.

MVS
05-07-2016, 10:35 AM
Usually I run a Fricke for 17's and 19's. Have an Eidelon gun bucket but mostly only use it for dry practice. The only holster I currently have for the 43 however is a DSG clip style AIWB holster. So far I like it a lot. It is adjustable for height which is usually not something I care for but in the case of the 43 it makes pretty good sense as it may be a gun you want to carry a little deeper for better concealment.

JCS
05-07-2016, 10:38 AM
You can never go wrong with a jm custom kydex. I can't speak for the others but I can't imagine another holster ever replacing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

23JAZ
05-07-2016, 10:53 AM
I typically carry a G26 or 19 AIWB, and have used either the Dale Fricke Archangel or the RCS Eidolon (really liking the latter) for both.

I just got a 43, and am considering the Fricke, Keepers Errand, Dark Star Gear, and any others people may have good experience with. Budget is $100, but I welcome cheaper.

I did at least a cursory search but didn't see a dedicated thread.

Oh, I should add that I am particularly interested in mounting solutions. I'm typically a PTD loop guy, but I like the Eidolon clips and on a thin gun like the 43, I'm thinking a clip/clips may be better as they'll print less than PTD loops.

Thanks!
I would talk to Tony at JMCK and see what he can make you using one or two of these: http://www.midwayusa.com/product/2746182153/comp-tac-standard-clip-polymer
The clip he currently uses is very good however I find that a thin clip or 2 thin clips spaced to be able to go around a pants belt loop work best for AIWB carrying a small gun like a G43. Especially if you have to take the gun off throughout the day.

VolGrad
05-07-2016, 12:08 PM
Dark Star Gear or CCC Versaclip.

MD7305
05-07-2016, 03:41 PM
I've got a JMCK AIWB George (I think?) with a clip and a JMCK AIWB Tuckable. Both are great and cover about any situation. I honestly run the AIWB Tuckable most of the time because the holster itself is a bit longer and rides better for me. The Velcro system actually works pretty well. I had a DSG clip holster for my Glock 42 and it concealed well. If any of the makers have an option to have the holster body made longer I go that direction because it helps prevent the gun from "rolling out" at the belt line.

Dark Star Gear
05-07-2016, 06:33 PM

Thanks!

I have the Eidolon clips on hand but obviously prefer the metal clip. If low profile is desirable even just wearing the belt over the clip does a hell of a job. I suspect the Aegis would smash the clip down to nothing when worn under a more snug shirt.

I had a DSG clip holster for my Glock 42 and it concealed well. If any of the makers have an option to have the holster body made longer I go that direction because it helps prevent the gun from "rolling out" at the belt line.

This for sure. The G43 seems to need is far less but the G43 has been extended to G19 length for all but a few customers and many who initially wanted the regular chose to swap back to the longer one. I like to make a distinction between IWB and AIWB and of the 4 usual features the extended length is one of the best to keep things thin. Those who choose to then add some foam will find the +2 almost something they can carry with.

05-08-2016, 02:48 PM
Zorn Skinny Rig.

vaspence
05-08-2016, 08:03 PM
Raven Morrigan with loops worn AIWB on a Volund Atlas slim has been working great for me all year.

StraitR
05-08-2016, 10:32 PM
I have an Errand that works for me. I also wouldn't hesitate to use a DSG or JM Universal.

I use the JM Universal (43 long) and couldn't be happier. I try not to carry it as the thin 43 and Tony's holster spoils me quickly.

John10-19
05-08-2016, 11:07 PM
I have a Blade Tech Klipt Ambi which was available immediately. It conceals very poorly and is inferior to the Blackhawk $16 ARC aiwb model which is a much better off the shelf option.

I replaced it with a Dark Star Gear G43 long sized AIWB clip on and a JM Custom Kydex G43 long sized AIWB with the split loops and the neoprene pillow. Both have been excellent, I like the DSG for easy donning and doffing and wear around the house. When I am wearing a real belt and don't mind threading it on, I prefer the JMCK for its slightly better concealment. Both are excellent holsters.

CalmlyDeMented
05-13-2016, 03:44 PM
I'm using the SOB Condom holster for my g43. I like the comfort of the leather and the easy on/off of the clip. However, it is a slower draw than kydex and the sweat guard needs trimmed to allow a full firing grip when drawing. I like it for the tiny glock, but I would not use it on a larger handgun.

BigDaddy
05-16-2016, 05:23 PM
I really like my Mitch Rosen Clipper. Easy on,easy off and conceals well.

Doge
05-16-2016, 05:24 PM
I've been running an OTG MKi holster with mine paired with an Aegis belt or G-Hook belt.

https://otghex.com/products/mki-inside-waistband/?navselect=group3

Drew78
05-29-2016, 08:42 AM
I use the JM Universal (43 long) and couldn't be happier. I try not to carry it as the thin 43 and Tony's holster spoils me quickly.

This. I'm carrying my 43 in a JMCK aiwb universal now. Just a T shirt and 85 degrees. Like the Glock, this combo is "perfection".
Sorry for the cheesy ending to my post...

23JAZ
06-03-2016, 10:32 AM
This. I'm carrying my 43 in a JMCK aiwb universal now. Just a T shirt and 85 degrees. Like the Glock, this combo is "perfection".

Do you have any pictures of this set up? I'd like to see how it conceals and how that cant helps.

CR78
06-03-2016, 02:03 PM
For you guys running the JM Universal, what sweat guard length are you choosing? I've opted for full with my others, and I tend to sweat a lot, but I'm wondering if omitting the sweat guard would make a difference in printing.

23JAZ
06-03-2016, 06:26 PM
Anybody using the CCC Quick Cover for a Glock 43 with the AIWB clip?

http://www.customcarryconcepts.com/Quick-Cover_p_12.html

23JAZ
06-03-2016, 07:56 PM

Does the universal offer any kind lateral grip tucking? I know it's a small gun so I don't think I need a "Wing-Claw". I wear an untucked polo and jeans at work and although my boss is fine with me carrying I still have to hide it as we have an unofficial management team only carry policy.

M2CattleCo
06-04-2016, 07:32 AM
For you guys running the JM Universal, what sweat guard length are you choosing? I've opted for full with my others, and I tend to sweat a lot, but I'm wondering if omitting the sweat guard would make a difference in printing.

I like full length on all my holsters. I think it helps to keep shirts and stuff from getting in the way when re-holstering.

I have a JM AIWB, 43 long. 1 3/4" clip. Love it.

I also have an AIWB that I believe is G-Code (has a half a dragonfly on the clip) and it's a good one too. It has a single tuckable clip and I actually wear it with a tucked in T shirt at times and it's pretty concealed.

Sero Sed Serio
06-04-2016, 05:02 PM

Not the Universal, but I have several AIWBs and always go full guard. The guard is essentially the same size as the slide, so no added footprint. In AZ it makes a huge difference--the grip is usually covered in sweat, but the slide is dry.

Clusterfrack
06-04-2016, 05:55 PM
I like a full sweatguard, and have been asking Tony to wrap the sweatguard around the rear sight.

23JAZ
06-04-2016, 06:50 PM
I like a full sweatguard, and have been asking Tony to wrap the sweatguard around the rear sight.
That's exactly what I just did. I went with a wing for a my Glock 43. Going to try a clip but I'll be damn if I don't always end up with a pants belt loop in the way so I probably end up using the split loop. But the sight wrap is a must. HDs and I Dots are sharp!

Prdator
06-04-2016, 08:30 PM
Our Errand is very popular for the G43. Works with or without a belt and has extra length and a full sweat guard and sight horn.

ldryder
06-04-2016, 11:20 PM
There are lots of great options for carrying a 43 AIWB but I've been 100% satisfied with my Keepers Errand. I wear it all day long. Doesn't matter if I'm sitting in a chair, sitting on a couch, sitting in my SUV or in my wife's sports car, standing, or walking. I don't even know that I'm wearing it until I remove it in the evening.

Holmes375
06-05-2016, 01:09 AM
Zorn Skinny Rig.

I just started wearing a Skinny Rig with the wing a few weeks ago. Very nice holster and does a great job of keeping my Shield where I want it to be. Too early to make a final call but so far I'm very impressed with the Skinny Rig.