PDA

View Full Version : Rust proof multitool

rob_s
05-07-2016, 08:31 AM
Not much a "weapon" so feel free to move...

I've had a couple of the Spyderco H1 steel knives for quite a few years, and they have been in and out of pools, the ocean, sweat, etc. with zero maintenance and have never rusted.

I also daily carry a Leatherman Skeletool as I find the balance of utility and size to be perfect for me, not to mention it being one of the few multitools with a pocket clip. They do, however, rust from just the Florida humidity.

Anyone know of something that combines the two? The rust-resistance (rust-proof?) nature of the H1 Spydercos with the utility and size of the Skeletool?

APS-PF
05-09-2016, 01:15 PM
I don't think the properties of H1 will allow it to work well as tool implements. The Victorinox Spirit is a bit heavier and doesn't have a clip but that is the closest in size to what you are looking for. Vic puts such a high polish in their tools that they are fairly resistant to rust. Try some Tuff Glide on your leatherman and see if that helps with the rust.

rob_s
05-10-2016, 07:27 AM
The Spirit is one that has come up regularly with my googling. Unfortunately the lack of clip makes it a no-go. I've seen kits to add a clip but they seem to rely on adhesive and add a lot of bulk.