PDA

View Full Version : P30 setup

Skold
10-26-2011, 10:10 PM
Hello everyone I don't post much, mainly just lurk, but I had a quick question. Ive had a P30 Lem for a few years and shot tons last year with it in IDPA and such. Im getting back into the swing of things and wanted to replace all the springs and such in it to start fresh. What is Todds setup of springs and what all springs would you recommend me replacing?

JV_
10-27-2011, 06:37 AM
Ive had a P30 Lem for a few years and shot tons last year with it in IDPA and such.What's the round count?

What is Todds setup of springs and what all springs would you recommend me replacing?
What version LEM do you have?

JodyH
10-27-2011, 06:55 AM
When I hit 20,000 rounds through my P2000, the H&K service dept recommended a new trigger return spring, flat spring and recoil spring assembly.
They hooked me up with a great price on all three.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

ToddG
10-27-2011, 08:11 AM
Based on fairly significant personal experience as well as what I've observed in others' pistols, my recommendation would be to change the trigger return spring twice as often as recommended by HK (every 12.5k instead of every 25k).

Skold
10-27-2011, 09:54 PM
What's the round count?

What version LEM do you have?

Im not sure of the round count but probably around 15K

I have the V2(i think?) its just the regular LEM

I was wondering what specifically are the springs and possibly part numbers for the setup Todd uses.

Thanks everyone for responding!!!

GJM
10-28-2011, 05:33 AM
Im not sure of the round count but probably around 15K

I have the V2(i think?) its just the regular LEM

I was wondering what specifically are the springs and possibly part numbers for the setup Todd uses.

Thanks everyone for responding!!!

If you speak with Travis at HK, tell you want the Todd Green special, and he knows exactly what you want.

Skold
10-28-2011, 11:02 AM
If you speak with Travis at HK, tell you want the Todd Green special, and he knows exactly what you want.

Awesome, thanks so much!

JohnN
10-28-2011, 04:52 PM
This should be an accurate spring chart for the different LEM variants.

http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-reference-library/140436-definitive-p30-p30l-lem-trigger-chart.html#post1037880

ubervic
10-28-2011, 05:04 PM
I think he's got the springs all right---one can identify them easily on HKParts.net---but I'm thinking that he's got the V4 vs Todd Green Special trigger-pull weights reversed.

ubervic
10-28-2011, 05:16 PM
When I hit 20,000 rounds through my P2000...

I love to read these words, as pistols are designed to be fired, not to be stored away quietly and inactively in a safe.

JodyH
10-28-2011, 09:09 PM
I love to read these words, as pistols are designed to be fired, not to be stored away quietly and inactively in a safe.
That 20,000 rounds went downrange in 6 months last year.
:cool:

JRL
10-31-2011, 03:54 PM
Can someone briefly explain or point me to an explanation of why the firing pin block spring, and the (precocked?) hammer spring affect the trigger pull?

ToddG
10-31-2011, 04:02 PM
The firing pin block is moved out of position as part of the trigger press. As such, the heavier the spring, the heavier the trigger pull... in particular, the heavier the takeup.

The mainspring still gets compressed a tiny bit at the break of the trigger stroke when the sear is released. As such, the heavier the spring, the heavier the trigger pull... in particular, the heavier the break.

Neither makes a huge difference, but in my experience the two combined help offset the added weight from the (desirable to me, YMMV) heavier trigger return spring.