PDA

View Full Version : p2000sk trigger lighter then I would like.

breakingtime91
04-24-2016, 01:13 PM
I purchased a used p2000sk that the previous owner had the trigger spring set up as close to TLG as you can get (was done by hk). What spring do I need to replace to make the trigger weight a little bit heavier?

GOTURBACK
04-24-2016, 02:01 PM
I purchased a used p2000sk that the previous owner had the trigger spring set up as close to TLG as you can get (was done by hk). What spring do I need to replace to make the trigger weight a little bit heavier?

Credit HK Pro member TooSixy for this chart, you will need to replace the firing pin block spring with part # 209962

http://pics.sneezyfrog.com/QQuRr9N.png

JDB
04-24-2016, 02:22 PM

I'd go with a heavier trigger return spring, or a heavier mainspring.

Heavier TRS spring for more forceful reset (though probably shorter spring life...counterintuitive I know), or heavier mainspring for more forceful ignition.

There's lots of potential combos of springs, so couldn't tell you what's in there. FWIW, I've put the extra light 10lb mainspring in my P30, and never had a failure yet in about 3000 rounds (tried win, fed, cci and rem primers).

Notso
04-25-2016, 05:25 AM
BT, if it's set as a TGS already it should have the heavier TRS spring. The only thing you could do from there is replace the FPBS with the heavier one to make it a V2 Heavy LEM.

You can check the TRS by looking at it. Take the slide off and look at the TRS- if it's made out of square wire than its heavy if it's round it's the light TRS. There's no HK supplied separate HS for a 2000sk.

GJM
04-25-2016, 06:34 AM
Lotta people, like YVK, pay lotta money to get a lighter LEM trigger.

breakingtime91
04-25-2016, 09:13 PM
gun is completely reliable, has the same short reset as my p2000 but the pull is just lighter. I may just need to deal with it but I want the triggers as close as possible but this trigger is sweeettttt