PDA

View Full Version : Trigger finger position on a long travel triggers

YVK
10-24-2011, 03:15 PM
This Glock to P30 transition attempt has been an interesting experience so far...While I am still figuring why I drop my slow shots and first shot 1 inch low, I have another topic to discuss. Long trigger pull is getting to me with a trigger finger position. If I place my finger at what I think is optimal position at the beginning of the pull, by the end I am breaking the shot, the finger is way over-inserted. In my case it causes hooking up the trigger and pulling fast shots to the right. If I place my finger for the optimal position at the shot break point, the finger ends up being underinserted at the beginning of the travel and I push my shots left.
I am playing with grip and backstrap inserts, but on a big scheme they will not make much change since trigger travel will not change.

Help?

CCT125US
10-24-2011, 06:52 PM
I found the back strap does play an important role as far as my shooting goes. I use the small bs and large side panels. Using the small bs allows me to get the gun further into my hand giving me a better range of motion on the trigger. You are right that trigger travel will not change, but you can adjust the relationship between where the gun sits in your hand and the amount of available range of motion...

YVK
10-24-2011, 08:31 PM
No doubt that 27 possible combinations of P30 grip help. I actually have used the same combo of big side inserts-small backstrap and it helps a bit. I dropped it for another reason, but may try it again.

However, people were shooting DA/SA guns before all that modularity came in, and I am sure they faced the same problem for years. I figure there has to be some technique or trick to this.

joshs
10-24-2011, 09:13 PM
I use the first pad of my index finger close to the end. It took a bit of practice, but I can move the trigger straight to the rear without my finger sliding farther onto the trigger. Start slow and dryfire a lot, the lem is different, but I now prefer it to any other trigger mechanism.