PDA

View Full Version : DIY P320 trigger work?

Tom Fineis
04-21-2016, 11:07 PM
Hey guys, anybody know of a resource outlining DIY Sig P320 trigger work? I know of the companies offering professional work, but I'd like to see what I can do myself.

An obvious option is to make all the surfaces shiny, just curious if there is a more detailed outline somewhere. I've worked on my complicated systems (CZ), I'd like to take a shot at this one too.

Thanks.

BES
04-21-2016, 11:15 PM
It's in this section if you look a couple threads down

BES
04-21-2016, 11:16 PM
https://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?20172-Sig-P320-Grip-Modifications

Tom Fineis
04-21-2016, 11:20 PM
Looking for trigger work, not grip work.

BES
04-22-2016, 12:09 AM
Lol I am so sorry. Long day, my eyes are playing tricks. I'm in on this thread though, I've been searching for the same info. I don't want to send my 320 off for an eternity or pay that much money. A drop in kit is supposed to be coming out soon but that's about all I've heard. I don't know why anyone is tinkering around with the FCUs. I thought for sure YouTube would be loaded with self made gunsmiths on the 320 by now.

Tom Fineis
04-22-2016, 01:47 AM
Found this and let it play in the background since it is lonnnng.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9ZC8bgedr8

Short story- He polishes the contact points of the trigger bar and FCU, and the mating surfaces from the sear to the striker. Also tweaks the trigger return spring.

Disclaimer- Not my video and I haven't done the work to report on its effectiveness.

rauchman
04-22-2016, 07:39 AM
I have taken down the FCU, polished a few areas and then reassembled. Look up Alma on youtube. There are a few videos out there that I've seen, but his are the best for disassembly/reassembly. Go slow.

I found taking apart the FCU in a shoe box or big plastic bag helps in keeping stray springs and pins from being lost. Beware, off the top of my head I forget the part name, but it's similar to the trigger bar found on the right side of the FCU, but it's on the left side. I snapped that part w/out too much effort. Some of the parts in the FCU are MIM and if pressure is applied going the wrong way, bad things happen. Also, there are A LOT of small springs and pins, some really small. The manual that came with my gun has a parts diagram. The names and part #'s listed in the manual don't match up to the part name descriptions and part #'s listed online. It took 3 different attempts to get the correct spring sent to me that I needed to replace. SigArms was very good to deal with though. The reps didn't bat an eye when we had these back and forths trying to get me the correct spring.

Ultimately, while I was able to get the trigger smoother, pull weight didn't really change much.

The video you reference was the one I used as my guide on what parts to polish and what not.

taadski
04-22-2016, 09:14 AM
There's some info in this thread:

http://sigtalk.com/sig-sauer-gunsmithing/32554-p320-fire-control-group-disassembly-trigger-work-tutorial.html

I'll tell you straight up that I've not vetted the author or any of his recommendations. It's just a link I found when looking for info. That said, it might have some details you're looking for.

t