PDA

View Full Version : Unity Atom slide

GJM
04-19-2016, 09:39 PM
My wife wanted a Glock Gen 3 red dot set-up, as she shoots Gen 3 pistols, and feels there are enough subtle differences that the Gen 4 isn't ideal for her. I now have a Unity Atom complete Gen 3 19 slide and RMR adapter plate on the way.

So what is the download on the complete Unity slide, and does anyone know if they make an adapter plate compatible with the DeltaPoint Pro (not sure if the footprint is different from legacy Delta Point)?

HCM
04-19-2016, 11:34 PM
My wife wanted a Glock Gen 3 red dot set-up, as she shoots Gen 3 pistols, and feels there are enough subtle differences that the Gen 4 isn't ideal for her. I now have a Unity Atom complete Gen 3 19 slide and RMR adapter plate on the way.

So what is the download on the complete Unity slide, and does anyone know if they make an adapter plate compatible with the DeltaPoint Pro (not sure if the footprint is different from legacy Delta Point)?

George - PM PF user GOTERON - he is a principal with Unity Tactical and recently posted in the Beretta 1301 thread.

OnionsAndDragons
04-20-2016, 01:19 AM
I can't recall if the Pro adapter hit production, but it know it was in the pipe. This was from the source HCM sites, Goteron, from combing the Lightfighter RDS thread.

I had a Unity gen3 for a while that I wish I hadn't let go of now that I've decided not to be obstinate about Glocks. It was high quality. The lockup felt better than a stock gen3, but that could have just been with that barrel. Put OEM parts in and it ran like a Glock. I bet she will be pleased with it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LSP972
04-20-2016, 06:56 AM
George - PM PF user GOTERON - he is a principal with Unity Tactical...

I think he actually designed the Atom.

JM Campbell
04-20-2016, 09:09 AM
I think he actually designed the Atom.

Correct.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Sam
04-20-2016, 12:06 PM
I recently got a Gen4 slide and when the slide would travel rearward, the slide would bind itself to the barrel hood and really get stuck. After 1000 rounds there is still a little friction between the barrel and slide. The slide never caused malfunctions however as it would slow down at its rearmost travel, pause, and then accelerate forward.

Sam
04-21-2016, 02:48 AM
I recently got a Gen4 slide and when the slide would travel rearward, the slide would bind itself to the barrel hood and really get stuck. After 1000 rounds there is still a little friction between the barrel and slide. The slide never caused malfunctions however as it would slow down at its rearmost travel, pause, and then accelerate forward.

Edit: No stoppages nor malfunctions.

GJM
04-21-2016, 06:47 AM
I confirmed that the old and new Delta Points have different mounting footprints. I got a legacy DP and Atom mounting plate from Mark Housel for this new Atom slide.

WilsonCombatRep
04-21-2016, 07:21 AM
I confirmed that the old and new Delta Points have different mounting footprints. I got a legacy DP and Atom mounting plate from Mark Housel for this new Atom slide.

I have an ATOM slide (Aimpoint Micro) on a G17. It works well and the quality is nice. My barrel lockup and slide fit is tighter with the Unity slide than the stock Glock slide.

GJM
04-21-2016, 07:27 AM
I have an ATOM slide (Aimpoint Micro) on a G17. It works well and the quality is nice. My barrel lockup and slide fit is tighter with the Unity slide than the stock Glock slide.

Bet you have a Wilson barrel in it, how does it shoot?

WilsonCombatRep
04-21-2016, 04:03 PM
Bet you have a Wilson barrel in it, how does it shoot?
It actually shoots well with both factory and Wilson barrels..