PDA

View Full Version : Pistol training in Oklahoma

JCS
04-19-2016, 12:43 PM
Can anyone recommend a legit instructor or class in Oklahoma. I took a class a couple months ago but I don't believe the instructor had great content or is what you would call an subject matter expert. There are a ton of instructors and if I'm going to drop that much cash I want to ensure I'm learning the proper stuff.

I prefer a class that lets me use appendix carry as that's the only way I carry. I know Spencer Keeper has a class but I can't make his next one. I need your insight pf!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOKNLOD
04-19-2016, 12:59 PM
What part of OK are you in, if you don't mind sharing?

Prdator
04-19-2016, 01:12 PM
Here is a few more that I have scheduled at BDC gun room in Shawnee OK
http://www.bdcgunroom.com/events-3/

Also look at pistolskills.com my bud Will Andrews at H&H, for Tulsa Look at TDSA or maybe USSA

JCS
04-19-2016, 03:53 PM
What part of OK are you in, if you don't mind sharing?

North okc/Edmond

HCM
04-19-2016, 03:57 PM
Ernest Langdon will be doing a class in OKC the end of June 2016

http://www.langdontac.com/Class-Schedule.html

Tactical Pistol Skills
2 Day Course
June 25 - 26, 2016
Arcadia, OK Oklahoma City Gun Club
$500

FOG
04-19-2016, 05:50 PM
I took a class with Marshall Luton and TDSA in Tulsa recently. It was my first pistol class so I can't say how it compares to others but I was pleased. I've been practicing diligently what I learned and there's already noticeable improvement.

If it works out, I'd like to take a Keepers class too.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

JCS
04-19-2016, 06:48 PM
I took a class with Marshall Luton and TDSA in Tulsa recently. It was my first pistol class so I can't say how it compares to others but I was pleased. I've been practicing diligently what I learned and there's already noticeable improvement.

If it works out, I'd like to take a Keepers class too.

Do they allow appendix carry?

FOG
04-19-2016, 06:53 PM
Yes. Dude by me was aiwb. Check out the pics from the march class, I think there's some showing some appendix draws.

LOKNLOD
04-19-2016, 06:57 PM
Ernest Langdon will be doing a class in OKC the end of June 2016

http://www.langdontac.com/Class-Schedule.html

Tactical Pistol Skills
2 Day Course
June 25 - 26, 2016
Arcadia, OK Oklahoma City Gun Club
$500

what!?!? how did I not know about this? And why is it the weekend of our family vacation!?

JCS
04-19-2016, 07:21 PM
Yes. Dude by me was aiwb. Check out the pics from the march class, I think there's some showing some appendix draws.

Are the pictures on their website?

FOG
04-19-2016, 07:23 PM
Yes. Better yet, call Marshall, he's intense but very personable and loves to talk.

BJJ
04-19-2016, 08:24 PM
If I was anywhere near Oklahoma, I would be training with Mike Seeklander. I think he mentioned that he does private training in addition to classes. If you haven't checked out his podcast, you are missing out. He's interviewed Tom Givens, Ernest Langdon, Ken Hackathorn and Robbie Leatham and William April. Very intelligent discussions.

I trained with Spencer Keepers this year at the Tac Con. He is a good shooter and a good teacher.

Al T.
04-19-2016, 08:34 PM
www.agiletactical.com

This guy's pretty good. For a former 19D....... :D

Prdator
04-19-2016, 09:10 PM
TDSA, does a good job and has great AI instructors, Several of them use my holsters and carry AIWB. So no worries there.

Mike Seeklander does an outstanding job as well, he runs AIWB ( in some custom Keeper holster..lol) to.. I didn't list him before as I wasn't sure if he does much in OK. I really like Mikes approach to training.

Ernest Langdon is coming out to the OKC gun club and I had thought the class was full but I was wrong.

We have great options in OK!!!

Get out and make a class!!!

JCS
04-20-2016, 07:41 AM
If I was anywhere near Oklahoma, I would be training with Mike Seeklander. I think he mentioned that he does private training in addition to classes. If you haven't checked out his podcast, you are missing out. He's interviewed Tom Givens, Ernest Langdon, Ken Hackathorn and Robbie Leatham and William April. Very intelligent discussions.

I trained with Spencer Keepers this year at the Tac Con. He is a good shooter and a good teacher.

I would love to train with Seeklander! I'm a big American warrior follower I've listened to all his podcasts and am reading his defensive handgun training book right now. I can't find any classes that he teaches and I'm not sure I can afford private lessons lol

JCS
04-20-2016, 07:44 AM
TDSA, does a good job and has great AI instructors, Several of them use my holsters and carry AIWB. So no worries there.

Mike Seeklander does an outstanding job as well, he runs AIWB ( in some custom Keeper holster..lol) to.. I didn't list him before as I wasn't sure if he does much in OK. I really like Mikes approach to training.

Ernest Langdon is coming out to the OKC gun club and I had thought the class was full but I was wrong.

We have great options in OK!!!

Get out and make a class!!!

Between Tulsa and OKC we really are lucky. I take for granted how good of facilities we have. I also know there are a lot of "tactical" training companies popping up so its hard to know if it's worth the money.

Kyle defoor does classes at the okc gun club from time to time as well. I watched the Tdsa YouTube video And they seem like they have an incredible program. I may visit your friend at h and h and save up for a major class later this year.

Prdator
04-20-2016, 08:33 AM
Sounds like a plan

Kyle is teaching carbine I tried to talk him into pistol again this year but I haven't hosted a carbine class since like Spartan Tactical in 2011 so..

FOG
04-20-2016, 11:36 AM

Funny you mention that. During the class, the topic of quality holsters was discussed and one of the instructors mentioned your gear and someone else commented on the price. I think it was Garrett who responded 'carry AIWB all day every day in a Keepers holster and you won't think that Mother F&$@!* is too expensive!'... Or something close to that :D

Prdator
04-21-2016, 11:14 AM
Funny you mention that. During the class, the topic of quality holsters was discussed and one of the instructors mentioned your gear and someone else commented on the price. I think it was Garrett who responded 'carry AIWB all day every day in a Keepers holster and you won't think that Mother F&$@!* is too expensive!'... Or something close to that :D

That's Awesome!!!

vcdgrips
04-23-2016, 05:10 PM
Spencer Keepers (Prdtor) has done yeomans work for nearly 10 yrs bringing and now conducting quality training to/in OK.
Follow his recs with total confidence!
David Barnes
Vcdgrips.

JCS
04-25-2016, 08:07 PM
Has anyone heard of Elite Two? The lead instructor is Roberto Narvaez is the lead instructor I believe.

Prdator
04-25-2016, 10:15 PM
I have and now don't remember what I'd heard... just a quick look around there website leaves me a bit confused.

HCM
04-26-2016, 12:40 AM
Has anyone heard of Elite Two? The lead instructor is Roberto Narvaez is the lead instructor I believe.

These guys ?

http://www.elitetwo.com

Color me skeptical. FFGUY - check your PMs.

JCS
04-26-2016, 10:49 AM
Thanks for the replies. There website is confusing. They offer a lot of self defense classes which aren't documented on their website.

Eric_L
04-26-2016, 04:39 PM
Agree with Spencer. Look at his classes (Spencer) or Will Andrews at H and H. ( http://pistolskills.com ). I have taken classes Spencer hosts and he has good skills. Will has a series of four hour classes on Sunday evenings. They are 80 dollars, but you can repeat them for ABOUT 30$. These all assume OKC area.

E