PDA

View Full Version : What Swims in the Sea With Us

HCM
04-15-2016, 02:20 AM
Man accused of dog's rape, murder claimed dog killed his iguana

A man accused of raping and murdering an emotional support service dog in March allegedly told investigators in Washington state he hanged the 3-year-old pit bull mix from a tree in the forest because the animal killed his pet iguana.

James Leroy Evans, 33, posted $50,000 bail and was released from Thurston County Jail on Wednesday, where he was being held on a first-degree animal cruelty charge, Q13Fox reported. He was arrested Sunday based on a tip from a relative of the dog’s owner, The Olympian reported.

Evans confessed to officials that he killed the dog, telling authorities, “I did it! I hung her,” according to court documents viewed by The Olympian.

His next court date is April 26.

“What I know from family members is that he’s got an explosive personality,” Thurston County animal control officer Erika Johnson said. “He’s got some real anger issues.”

A biker discovered the puppy, named Diamond, hanging from the tree on March 22. Scratch marks from where the dog had struggled were evident at the scene. A veterinarian later revealed the dog had been severely sexually abused. The official cause of death was asphyxiation.

Diamond was an emotional support service dog for an 8-year-old boy. She was staying with Evans, a relative of the owner, while the owner found housing that allowed dogs, Q13Fox reported.

Evans’ past rap sheet includes charges for domestic violence, burglary and controlled substances.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/04/14/man-accused-dogs-rape-murder-claimed-dog-killed-his-iguana.html?intcmp=trending

Seriously, how do you bond out a guy like this ? It's only a matter of time before he does the same thing or worse to a person.

SMH

Kyle Reese
04-15-2016, 04:48 AM
Something tells me that this guy will be a frequent guest of the criminal justice system for the remainder of his miserable, wretched life.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Chuck Haggard
04-15-2016, 06:06 AM
In the past people like that would have been institutionalized. We quit doing that because it was, something..........

You can't fix people like that, no matter how hard you try, no matter how hard what we have left of the mental health system wants to make people think otherwise.

The sad part is that this guy will get out and have a chance to do this again, with someone's pet, or a child.

Maple Syrup Actual
04-15-2016, 08:39 AM
Jesus.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

11B10
04-15-2016, 08:42 AM
Wait.......what????????????

TCinVA
04-15-2016, 08:45 AM
When certain people end up dead the community should look at one another and say "It's probably for the best."

1slow
04-15-2016, 08:55 AM
Evans is an evil virus that spreads misery.

Dagga Boy
04-15-2016, 09:28 AM
Putting animals like that in cages is why I became a cop. Sadly....their is little justice in the legal system.

Peally
04-15-2016, 09:31 AM
In the past people like that would have been institutionalized. We quit doing that because it was, something..........

You can't fix people like that, no matter how hard you try, no matter how hard what we have left of the mental health system wants to make people think otherwise.

The sad part is that this guy will get out and have a chance to do this again, with someone's pet, or a child.

x1000

Some people are simply broken animals that have no place in the civilized world. Institutions served an important purpose considering we're no longer in the age of "shun them from the community and let them succumb to exposure"

The disturbing part is the majority opinion today is clearly that everyone can be fixed and is deep down a good person. That is an ignorant and dangerous approach, and sadly we all pay the price.

1slow
04-15-2016, 09:49 AM
x1000

Some people are simply broken animals that have no place in the civilized world. Institutions served an important purpose considering we're no longer in the age of "shun them from the community and let them succumb to exposure"

The disturbing part is the majority opinion today is clearly that everyone can be fixed and is deep down a good person. That is an ignorant and dangerous approach, and sadly we all pay the price.

One of the real problems is you can't put the Pollyanna idiots that think monsters are misunderstood with the monsters and have both be away from people who know better.

HCM
04-15-2016, 01:16 PM

Agreed. There is no fixing people like this. Whether addressed via not bonding him or imstitutionalizimg him via civil commitment he is a threat to public safety. It's not a matter of if he does this again, it's a matter of when and will it be a pet next time or a person?

hiro
04-15-2016, 01:34 PM
When certain people end up dead the community should look at one another and say "It's for the best."

fify

Hambo
04-15-2016, 02:19 PM

It costs money and some folks thought they didn't have a chance at self-actualization or some such bullshit. This dude does not belong out in the world.

BobLoblaw
04-15-2016, 03:04 PM
I've worked in several small towns in Appalachia over the years and I've heard many stories. If this had happened in some of them, they'd have found his body in an old shaft he "fell" into while drunk. Jus sayin..

Chuck Haggard
04-15-2016, 03:53 PM
x1000

Old Yeller was a very good dog, but when he got rabies it was time to shoot Old Yeller in the head. No other course of action makes sense sometimes.

LOKNLOD
04-15-2016, 05:03 PM
The disturbing part is the majority opinion today is clearly that everyone can be fixed and is deep down a good person.

It's better to just accept that deep down everyone is a vile beast, and fortunately most of us are able to rise above it with some work. Those that can't, remain vile beasts and must be treated as such.

Much like those who rail against "scary guns that turn people into killers", the loudest complaints refusing to see evil for what it is are usually from those with the thinnest veneer of decency, projecting due to their fear of cracks forming...

11B10
04-17-2016, 03:09 PM
One of the real problems is you can't put the Pollyanna idiots that think monsters are misunderstood with the monsters and have both be away from people who know better.

This ^^^^ is the only way they would understand not ALL can be "fixed."

45dotACP
04-17-2016, 04:38 PM
I suspect the only reason it was a dog and not a kid is probably just a roll of the dice. Let this guy out and it's not a question of IF....it's a question of WHEN a collection of bodies is connected to him....

Sent from my VS876 using Tapatalk

TAZ
04-18-2016, 07:01 PM

Follow the money. Running institutions cost a lot of money. If we actually accepted that there are some folks who cant be saved or even arent worth saving who would make trillions off of pills for everything?

One would hope its someone's pet that he mutilates again and MAYBE he gets tossed for good. This is not a matter of if but when. I am surprised that a judge would offer bond instead of a mandatory stay at a facility for evaluation.

HCM
01-03-2017, 11:11 PM
Bumping this thread as it seems the best fit for this:

From the Bexar County Sheriffs Office Facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/BexarCountySheriff/posts/1848051845410718

Sheriff Javier Salazar held a press conference today to brief media about an egregious child abuse case the Bexar County Sheriff's Office is investigating.

At approximately 9 a.m. Saturday, December 31, deputies and emergency medical personnel responded to a call in South Bexar County for an injured child involving a dog bite. They were told by a man at the scene that a female child, who is less than two years of age, had wandered out of the home in the middle of the night and was attacked by dogs at the residence.

As investigators questioned the man and a female relative of the child at the scene, they discovered what they were being told was not consistent with the crime scene and evidence. The child victim had extremely serious and life-threatening wounds consistent with a brutal sexual assault and multiple stab wounds.

The child victim was transported to University Hospital, where she is stable at this time. It was determined that the child's injuries were not consistent with dog bites, but that she had been sexually assaulted. She also had numerous “non-accidental” stab wounds to the intimate areas of her body. Additionally, animal control personnel picked up the dogs at the residence and told investigators the dogs showed no aggressiveness whatsoever.

Based on the investigation, the following individuals have been arrested:
Isaac Andrew Cardenas, 23, charged with Super Aggravated Sexual Assault of a Child (capital felony - minimum 20 year sentence). His bond is set at $300,000.
Also arrested was Crystal Herrera, 22, charged with Injury to a Child Serious Bodily Injury - by Omission.

BaiHu
01-03-2017, 11:24 PM
Bumping this thread as it seems the best fit for this:

From the Bexar County Sheriffs Office Facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/BexarCountySheriff/posts/1848051845410718
Burning in hell will still be too good for people like this.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Sigfan26
01-03-2017, 11:36 PM
I knew a judge (known for being a rather leanient fellow) that presided over a case where animal abuse of a sexual nature was the charge. All acts were on film. He watched them all (I want to say 15-20). Each act carried a sentence of 1 year... they were ruled to serve the charges CONSECUTIVELY

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cookie Monster
01-03-2017, 11:42 PM
Is there hand sanitizer for the brain? Fucking crazy world out there.

JohnO
01-04-2017, 12:44 AM
Sounds like a player from the NFL.

Wendell
01-04-2017, 11:24 AM
In the past people like that would have been institutionalized. We quit doing that because it was, something.......... You can't fix people like that, no matter how hard you try, no matter how hard what we have left of the mental health system wants to make people think otherwise. The sad part is that this guy will get out and have a chance to do this again, with someone's pet, or a child.

The treatment team for Vince Li, the man found not criminally responsible for killing and butchering Tim McLean aboard a Greyhound bus nearly eight years ago, is recommending he be formally discharged from the Selkirk Mental Health Centre, a move that would pave the way for his eventual full reintegration into the community. Li, who has legally changed his name to Will Baker, appeared Monday before the Manitoba Criminal Code Review Board. The board is expected to issue a decision by the end of the week.
http://www.winnipegsun.com/2016/02/23/meet-will-baker-formerly-known-as-vince-li (http://www.winnipegsun.com/2016/02/23/meet-will-baker-formerly-known-as-vince-li)

The killing of Tim McLean occurred on the evening of July 30, 2008 and is noted for being a beheading and cannibalism death in Canada. McLean, a 22-year-old Canadian man, was stabbed, beheaded and cannibalized while riding a Greyhound Canada bus about 30 km west of Portage la Prairie, Manitoba traveling the Trans Canada Highway.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Killing_of_Tim_McLean (http://www.winnipegsun.com/2016/02/23/meet-will-baker-formerly-known-as-vince-li)

guymontag
01-04-2017, 09:15 PM
I was really hoping this was going to be a thread on some random Netflix documentary concerning ocean life. Thanks OP.

That Guy
01-05-2017, 04:54 AM
Is there hand sanitizer for the brain?

Whiskey?

Al T.
01-05-2017, 06:33 AM
Vodka works too. :)

HCM
01-05-2017, 08:21 AM
#WHYDADDYDRINKS

11B10
01-05-2017, 08:57 AM
I really wanted to click the "LIKE" button, but it's not the proper sentiment. There should be a button for "THANKS FOR THE INFORMATION." In one's logical brain region, you've probably logged cases like the Vince Li case in the "he can't hurt anyone - ever again" file. Then, a news release like the one posted here reminds you that you can never assume anything when it comes to mental health-related crimes. It makes you wonder what will eventually happen with Austin Harrouff, the biped who attacked the folks in Miami, killing two and maiming another in 2015. I entered "face eating" to search and now wish I would've waited until after I was done with my breakfast.

45dotACP
01-05-2017, 03:36 PM
Just yesterday a man with mental disabilities was kidnapped and tortured by a bunch of "Teenagers" who felt the need to put the "war" into social justice warrior

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk