PDA

View Full Version : 10-8 front sight

wl518
10-21-2011, 08:41 PM
So I just purchased the 10-8 fiber front sight for my M&P45 FS and went to a certified armorer to install today. When he put in the 10-8 sight it just slid through the slot and was very loose. At first I thought I received a defective sight so he tried another fiber at his shop (Novak) and it did the same, but not as loose as my 10-8. The armorer just pushed it in with his fingers easily, and I didn't think it was going to be that easy.... He was able to put the stock sights back no problem using the S&W sight tool. Is there something wrong with my front sight slot on my slide?

orionz06
10-21-2011, 09:56 PM
Send it back to S&W. An alternative I have read about people doing is hitting the front of the slide at the center of the dovetail on the top with a ball-peen hammer. Place the round head on the slide and smack it with another hammer. Trial and error but people report positive results.

JV_
10-22-2011, 06:44 AM
I had an M&P 9C with an oversized rear dovetail, no sight would fit well and they all vibrated loose (even with loctite) within 100 rounds. S&W replaced the slide.