PDA

View Full Version : Wounds in the primary hand

HeadHunter
10-21-2011, 05:12 PM
I have embarked on a new data gathering project.

The inputs requested are incidents where someone was shot in the primary hand while holding a pistol. Did the individual hold onto the pistol or drop it? Hold or drop? Those are the datapoints requested.

Reasonable documentation required. Not interested in: "I know of a guy who worked for a department in the next state who had a friend on the State Police who heard that this happened from a buddy of his in the DSS," et al.

Al T.
10-22-2011, 09:36 AM
Epic thread on AR15.com has a good guy and a bad guy both get shot in the hands. GG gets hit in both paws, BG one paw, both retain their handguns, GG clears a malfunction.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/988015_My_CCW_Shooting_AAR__Now_with_Moar_Graphic_ Pics_on_pg_29_and_30.html

HeadHunter
10-22-2011, 10:33 PM
Epic thread on AR15.com has a good guy and a bad guy both get shot in the hands. GG gets hit in both paws, BG one paw, both retain their handguns, GG clears a malfunction.

Nice find, thanks.

BigT
10-24-2011, 10:06 AM
A couple of years ago I took one through the triggerguard into my right (strong) hand middle finger. Gun wasn't dropped and in fact I was not aware of the hit for a good few minutes.

Please pm me if you need more details. Don't really know what documentation you would require.