PDA

View Full Version : M&P 40 Pro???

canadiangunguy
10-21-2011, 06:34 AM
I am looking at getting one of these and using it in IPSC up in Canada. Has anyone tried one of these? They are very hard to come by, if fact there are none in the entire country. I am going to order one from Buffalo N.Y and import it. Your input is appreciated.

Thanks

orionz06
10-21-2011, 07:39 AM
Unless things have changed the Pro has different sights and a S&W Performance Center sear. The Pro is offered in both full size (4.25") and "L" models (5"). If getting the 4.25" gun I would consider Apex parts and sights of your choosing. Personally I feel the Apex trigger to be a little nicer than the PC and you would most likely want the Apex striker block as well. If you can get a recent production non-pro gun you might not even want to replace the parts at all.

All of this could go out the window if some stuff can't be shipped to Canada.

canadiangunguy
10-22-2011, 05:45 AM
Unless things have changed the Pro has different sights and a S&W Performance Center sear. The Pro is offered in both full size (4.25") and "L" models (5"). If getting the 4.25" gun I would consider Apex parts and sights of your choosing. Personally I feel the Apex trigger to be a little nicer than the PC and you would most likely want the Apex striker block as well. If you can get a recent production non-pro gun you might not even want to replace the parts at all.

All of this could go out the window if some stuff can't be shipped to Canada.

I like the longer barrel for IPSC, improved sight radius and all that. I was told by the Buffalo Gun Center that importing that model into Canada will not be an issue. Apparently Canada is too small a market for S&W to take seriously. The distributors up here have a very hard time securing product. I can get the regular M&P 40 model but prefer the pro.

Thanks

nwhpfan
10-22-2011, 12:15 PM
I think the pistol is great. You could shoot many division with the same pistol by adding and subtracting a few accessories. As is L-10 Major, Production (if it's legal yet?), buy a few magazine extension and shoot Limited... I prefer the apex of the PC trigger but the PC trigger is plenty shoot able.