PDA

View Full Version : Interesting encounter at Sea World...

Lon
10-20-2011, 07:41 PM
So I'm on vacation in Florida this week. Today I went to Sea World with my folks and my wife and daughter. As I do everday I strapped on my normal carry gear: Fenix PD20, covert model Kahr CW9 carried AIWB, extra mag, pocket knife (a new KaBar frame lock I just got) and other stuff. As I was standing in line to buy tickets, I was looking around and checking things out and I got to thinking about my knife, so I unobtrusively unclipped it from my pocket and slid it down inside my pocket and forgot about it. After buying tickets we went through the whole bag check thing (where the guy missed my third Kahr mag in my mongo fatboy "diaper bag") and then proceeded through the line to get in. After giving my ticket and walking through the turnstile the guy working the lane NEXT to the one I used says "wait a minute sir". So I turn to look at him and he says "you can't take ur pocket knife in with you, you'll have to check it in.". So I give them my pocket knife and get my claim check and go about my merry way.

The only thing I can figure is they have someone looking for knives, etc. and radioing that info to the people working the lines because this guy was not in any position to see me when my knife was exposed. After thinking about it, I think they told this guy to confront me instead of the little lady working my line because he was HUGE. So if u are planning a trip to SW keep that in mind.

fuse
10-21-2011, 01:43 AM
You forgot to mention how you poached shamu and flipper with your gat, since guns are evil and cause people to do evil things.

Ray Keith
10-21-2011, 09:51 AM
Sea World in San Antonio, TX was correctly posted with a 30.06 (Texas Stat) sign prohibiting carry the last time I was there.

Ray

Jay Cunningham
10-21-2011, 11:03 AM
Needs moar blading and adrenaline dump bro. MS Paint FTMFW.