PDA

View Full Version : User Rating

TAZ
04-05-2016, 06:26 PM
Do we have a way to leave feedback on buyers and sellers? Sold a few items with success and was looking at ways to leave feedback on buyers, but cant find any.

Thnx

VolGrad
04-05-2016, 08:39 PM
Fran my I was surprised when the "like" feature appeared. I thought that would be beneath this crowd to "like" things like the Facebook rabble. [emoji12]

RJ
04-05-2016, 08:56 PM
We currently don't. We had iTrader turned on for a while a few years ago, but it is notoriously bad software and often leaves the host site vulnerable to malware attack. I looked into an updated version recently and decided that it was still too much risk.

I'm considering starting a user feedback sub-forum for FSOT feedback. I'm also toying around with a general user feedback sub-forum where a user could submit feedback about another user for things other than just FSOT transactions. Mostly my thought is that it would be used for users who know each other to essentially say "so-and-so is a good dude", or "I met so-and-so at a match/class/whatever and he/she was very helpful", etc. Of course it would also be a place to post "bad" things like less than good experiences with FSOT transactions (which, sadly, we've had a few). I was thinking it would be a way to sort of establish a "trust metric" or something like that. There are guys here the I know and respect, and if they say someone is a good guy and trustworthy, that's good enough for me. The problem is that I'm not sure if such an sub-forum would cause more butthurt and/or drama than it's worth though.

Hmmm...yep, Butthurt and drama. Agreed. Seems to me the annual Pfestivus grievance airing is better than an ongoing up or down vote forum.

Side question: Have ya'll considered enabling vBulletin 'reputation'?

https://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/main/reputation_intro

I suppose not, since even post count, displayed as a public user metric, appears not to be in favor here. About all one has to discern the useful members from the schmucks is join date, and, if you look carefully, whether they are a site supporter or not.

(Which is another thing that bugs me; why can't us supporting members have at least a different font color user name than the freeloaders? :cool:)

RJ
04-05-2016, 09:10 PM
^^^ *Squints real hard*

The heck you say! They are different colors?! Geez, Ok, ok, but to my aging eyes, they sure enough look like medium gray (PS obviously I won't mention I'm slightly color blind. :) )

Ok, thanks Tom, appreciate the correction.

How about post count? Non starter?

BehindBlueI's
04-05-2016, 09:13 PM
^^^ *Squints real hard*

The heck you say! They are different colors?! Geez, Ok, ok, but to my aging eyes, they sure enough look like medium gray (PS obviously I won't mention I'm slightly color blind. :) )

Ok, thanks Tom, appreciate the correction.

How about post count? Non starter?

I'm also partially color blind, but now that he mentioned it I guess one's a little more blue than the other? Sure not something I would have noticed on my own...and am still not sure I noticed it. :D

JAD
04-05-2016, 09:38 PM
If you can have two post counts, one number in gold representing useful stuff, and one in brown, then that would be pretty choice. Other than that, it just indicates that the poster is underemployed.

RJ
04-06-2016, 07:08 AM
...I'm thinking about turning on the display of like stats in postbit (the stuff where your name and location is

I'd like this *rimshot*

No,seriously, I think it'd be worthwhile. A couple other brand-centric forums I'm on use it, I don't think it takes away from the experience.

Oh, and thanks for considering a site supporter color change; bolding the member name would be just as effective at a quick glance, for me anyways.

VolGrad
04-06-2016, 07:24 AM
(not calling out VolGrad for not being a SS, it was just the easiest screenshot for me to grab right now)

No worries. I was a SS for a few years but let it go when I dropped off the grid for a while.

jh9
04-06-2016, 08:58 AM
I'll tweak the colors a bit on the new theme.

One of them needs to be pastel. Like, bright. Bright pastel. 1980s Miami Vice bright. At least for a day.

doooo eeeeet

BehindBlueI's
04-06-2016, 11:09 AM
One of them needs to be pastel. Like, bright. Bright pastel. 1980s Miami Vice bright. At least for a day.

doooo eeeeet

Or sparkles. And animated. With blackjack...and hookers!

(Actually, I don't care in the slightest about the color scheme, just playing along.)

Peally
04-06-2016, 11:49 AM
Speaking for myself I like having a section in forums for sales feedback. I'm extremely paranoid about buying and selling online with random forum goers so it's nice to see if someone is trustworthy or if they're a jackwagon that's just here with 5 posts to screw someone.

Josh Runkle
04-06-2016, 12:05 PM
It always confounds me as to how someone would try to rip off someone from a GUN forum. I mean, you know they have enough information to track you down, you know they have a gun and you know they know how to use it. That's like stealing a Russian Bear's unicycle or something.

CCT125US
04-06-2016, 12:21 PM
That's like stealing a Russian Bear's unicycle or something.

Dude, it's been almost 2 years, let it go.

Josh Runkle
04-06-2016, 12:49 PM
Dude, it's been almost 2 years, let it go.

Ha! Awesome!

RJ
04-07-2016, 09:17 AM
?..We're probably not going to add it back to postbit; however, you are more than welcome to try to convince me otherwise. :)

Challenge accepted. :)

Reference this thread:

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?19991-Newtown-Conn-teacher-arrested-for-gun-at-school

...the Vietnamese spammer got deleted / banned, but not until several members commented in the thread (but didn't hit the report button).

My argument would be that as pistol-forum rises up the charts of popular discussion forums, you'll see more of this (counterfeit currency spammers, Vishna love potion spammers, fake ID spammers, etc. etc.) Were you to add post count to the displayed user stats, along with join date, it might be more likely that these accounts would be noted, and thus reported and dealt with quicker.

I would say I do notice a single digit post count, recent join date member posting in an unusual manner more often than not, and the post count is a big part of that.

jh9
04-07-2016, 09:32 AM
Or sparkles. And animated. With blackjack...and hookers!

(Actually, I don't care in the slightest about the color scheme, just playing along.)

So tempting to write a greasemonkey script for this...