PDA

View Full Version : Before I go back to the gun shop.....

Serpico1985
10-20-2011, 10:20 AM
Could I get another opinion on this. I'm not crazy right. The front sight is crooked correct? As in the front is pointed slightly counter clockwise.

http://i54.tinypic.com/o5xc3n.jpg

http://i54.tinypic.com/9bhoax.jpg

Picked up a new gen 4 17 today through the officer purchase program at a local shop. The one comforting factor was that the gun must come from glock, they can't sell me one off their display window or already in stock. So I figured I get one of the most recent ones and it would hopefully have the new ejector. Not the case. Mine was test fired 8/11/11 RVD serial #. It has the correct 0-2-4 RSA but a 336 ejector. Shot the gun and the first 10 rounds I did the 1st DOTW. All shots were more or less centered up and down and were to the left outside the black about 6-8inches. I realize this is probably me but the front sight being a little crooked has me wondering. Shot 50rnds of s&b 115gr. No stove pipes but had one round hit me in the forehead.

The sights are defoor ameriglo's. Can it be adjusted or does it need to be removed and a new screw used? Thanks for any guidance.

Zack

JV_
10-20-2011, 10:24 AM
There is a little bit of wiggle room in most glock front sights.

You can probably put some tape on the jaws of some pliers and gently twist it. Sometimes they get tweaked when tightening the screw, I try to prevent twisting during the process.

Serpico1985
10-20-2011, 10:29 AM
Thanks for the info. New to Glock's and didn't know the sop for something like that.

Zack

Edited to add: took your advice and 15 seconds later its straight. Thanks

VolGrad
10-21-2011, 07:53 AM
You can prob just twist it slightly with a pair of pliers without loosening the screw at all. Try that first. If that doesn't work just loosen it, straighten it out, tighten it back, then re-check. This happens all the time on installs. Not a big deal.

JV_
10-21-2011, 09:43 AM
Edited to add: took your advice and 15 seconds later its straight. ThanksGreat. Glad it worked.