PDA

View Full Version : P-SAIT on a regular Sig?

HCountyGuy
04-02-2016, 04:04 AM
Curious if anyone here has dropped one of these in a non-Legion Sig, and if you like it.

I've been going back and forth between a stock trigger and a short reach trigger on my P229. For me, the stock trigger seems a tad too big and doesn't always allow me to get my finger placed on it in my ideal location for the best trigger pull. As for the short reach trigger, where my finger sits on it comfortably results in a small degree of trigger slap or pinch as the trigger comes fully to the rear.

The other day I was fortunate enough to fondle a Legion at my LGS, and aside from the other niceties the Legion has I was intrigued by how I liked the feel of the P-SAIT. It struck me as a nice balance between the normal and short reach triggers.

I notice the trigger design allows for tweaking over-travel, but I'm not sure it's something I'll find needs fiddling with.

Input and advice greatly appreciated!

jwperry
04-03-2016, 12:25 PM
What grips are you using?
I found I had the same problem with the short reach trigger/standard grips in my P226 pistols, especially when shooting SA, but when I switched to Hogue checkered grips & the standard reach trigger, it put my finger where I wanted it to be for a consistent trigger pull.

HCountyGuy
04-03-2016, 04:29 PM
I'm currently using the E2 grips that came with the gun. Eventually planning to get some checkered G10s, but that'll be a little bit.