PDA

View Full Version : You can't make shit like this up.........

Chuck Haggard
03-30-2016, 08:20 PM
So, the Kansas State Rifle Assoc. is hosting Instructor Zero for a fundraiser lunch. They note he is one of the world's leading firearms instructors.

When I posted that Zero really wasn't, I was told I didn't know what I was talking about, that Zero trains spec ops all over the world.

Buy your luncheon tickets as soon as possible - limited seating!
To hear one of world's foremost firearms instructors - Instructor Zero!

You can't make this shit up.

I got banned from the page for posting ref Zero not being what they say he is.

https://www.facebook.com/KansasStateRifleAssociation/photos/a.187363777960013.49932.139572386072486/1246789845350729/?type=3&comment_id=1249487168414330&reply_comment_id=1249506071745773&notif_t=photo_reply&notif_id=1459384608020592

PPGMD
03-30-2016, 08:29 PM
They should have lead with chicken fried steak. If there's fried okra, it might be worth it.

So can we just come for the Chicken Fried Steak, and leave once we are full?

Now if there is a shooting demo, with a visible shot timer I would be in. I want to see if Zero can do his shooting skills on demand (as I've heard is that he can't).

Dagga Boy
03-30-2016, 08:29 PM
That page is unavailable right now...wonder why?

BehindBlueI's
03-30-2016, 08:35 PM
I'm assuming this is an internet/YouTube personality of some type? I've heard the name in passing, but nothing about him.

Chuck Haggard
03-30-2016, 08:36 PM
That page is unavailable right now...wonder why?

It's there, just checked

TCinVA
03-30-2016, 08:37 PM

I'd wear that as a badge of honor.

You opened your kimono and they couldn't handle what they saw, so they had to close their eyes and squall a protest.

TCinVA
03-30-2016, 08:41 PM
There is apparently video of him shooting with a clear plastic bag over his head.

I'm at a loss to understand what the purpose of that is...apart from engaging in a bit of auto-eGlocktick asphyxiation.

voodoo_man
03-30-2016, 08:48 PM
Hahahahha, seriously who thinks of these things?

HopetonBrown
03-30-2016, 09:18 PM
So, the Kansas State Rifle Assoc. is hosting Instructor Zero for a fundraiser lunch. They note he is one of the world's leading firearms instructors.

When I posted that Zero really wasn't, I was told I didn't know what I was talking about, that Zero trains spec ops all over the world.

You can't make this shit up.

The link is dead, but someone on another forum quoted this. It was on Chen Lee's Facebook page. He's a guy down in So Cal that hangs out with LAV and Hack a lot, so it's a little better than internet rumor.

"Hi Chen ,
lastly some of our common friend tag me about "Instructor Zero" asking for infos so here they are :

His name is Jeco Biccelli , when he was 18 years old he was a military conscript joining the 5* battalion "El Alamein" of the Folgore parachutist brigade for one year , every male in Italy in those years had to join the military for 12 months .

He was not in any "assault" battalion neither in any SpecOps unit , he has never been downrange , never had any SOF background .

Until few years ago he was running a trattoria close to Perugia , he was the innkeeper , from then he started a new company named Spartan360° .

He is using to shot all the week long , every week of every month , which makes of him a good shooter , with his fancy videos he is promoting his business selling his courses .

Well , there is not anything more to say , he is not a bad guy , simply a funny character .

Stay safe my good friend!"

Chance
03-30-2016, 09:26 PM
KSRA is rather haughty in their reply. Thanks for the background on Zero; I knew he was a poser, but nothing else.

Jeep
03-30-2016, 09:30 PM
Instructor Zero is the Kim Kardashian of the tactical training world. He is famous for being famous, and he is famous because of his relentless self-promotion.

The (possibly) one good thing about him is that from his videos you get the sense that he might find the whole thing to be pretty funny.

I wonder what they are paying him?

Chuck Haggard
03-30-2016, 09:37 PM
The KSRA is banning anyone who questions this crap. Pretty soon my entire friends list on FB will be banned............

Luke
03-30-2016, 09:54 PM
I ALMOST re activated my Facebook to troll. What a joke. It says for people to show up if there so good.. I think a few of y'all who are legit should go and play with him.

Chuck Haggard
03-30-2016, 09:55 PM
I ALMOST re activated my Facebook to troll. What a joke. It says for people to show up if there so good.. I think a few of y'all who are legit should go and play with him.

No way I'd pay good money to attend that event.

Kennydale
03-30-2016, 09:58 PM
OK what is he because I get the impression he was special Ops of some sort? (He does have that cool Tactical Beard)

SLG
03-30-2016, 10:18 PM
Nice. I spent some time last SHOT with a real Italian frogman. He said that Zero had exactly that much experience and background (probably why he chose his name), but that he was a good guy and a good shooter. Can't hate on the guy for making a living, as long as he's not making false claims. If KS is that clueless, they get what they get.

If you doubt the benefit of shooting while wearing a plastic bag on your face, then you probably have a good safe word already established. :-)

LOKNLOD
03-30-2016, 10:23 PM
This reminds me I have another Instructor Zero parody wrap stashed on my phone that should eventually end up in the Zero thread :rolleyes:

Dagga Boy
03-30-2016, 10:32 PM
Nice. I spent some time last SHOT with a real Italian frogman. He said that Zero had exactly that much experience and background (probably why he chose his name), but that he was a good guy and a good shooter. Can't hate on the guy for making a living, as long as he's not making false claims. If KS is that clueless, they get what they get.

If you doubt the benefit of shooting while wearing a plastic bag on your face, then you probably have a good safe word already established. :-)

That is the general consensus. Super nice guy who is a well practiced and good shooter......period. Hey, if his marketing is working, Capitalism at its best.

Lomshek
03-30-2016, 11:56 PM

(Not directed at Chuck but at the the zero hype)

Trooper224
03-31-2016, 01:42 AM
I saw a billboard for this at my local range. I had to do a double take to make sure it wasn't a joke.

Chuck Haggard
03-31-2016, 05:13 AM
That is the general consensus. Super nice guy who is a well practiced and good shooter......period. Hey, if his marketing is working, Capitalism at its best.

I note that my cop spidey sense tingles over the fact that Zero doesn't shoot in competition where his skills would be easily verifiable, and he is almost always doing range stunts in venues where video editing can be had, or the best of 99 tries, etc.

hufnagel
03-31-2016, 05:47 AM
Instructor Zero's success is what Gecko45 always wanted to achieve.

DEG
03-31-2016, 06:27 AM
I'm not on Facebook, but here is the link to the website: http://www.ksraweb.org/meeting.html

I had to google the two other people speaking at the event. I live in Kansas, but under a rock most of the time. One of the three speakers was a former Miss Kansas. She's the one in the picture without the beard, ballcap and sunglasses.

Hambo
03-31-2016, 06:56 AM
Wait, for $35 you get chicken fried steak, former Miss Kansas, and Instructor Zero? If I lived closer I'd be on that like a motherfucker. I know I've spent more on lower quality entertainment.

gkieser92
03-31-2016, 08:15 AM
Looking at Ms. Vail' s Wikipedia page she sounds like an interesting person. All I know of Daniel Shaw is from his old Gunfighter Cast podcast, and he seems pretty legit. The Zero guy seems to deserve the criticism though.

LorenzoS
03-31-2016, 08:15 AM
Wait a minute, I always thought Zero was a deliberate satire like FPS Russia or Tactical Pie. Is he actually supposed to be "real?" Damn it I've really got to the point I don't understand what the kids are doing these days.

Turn down that damned music and get off my lawn.

Malamute
03-31-2016, 09:22 AM
Wait, for $35 you get chicken fried steak, former Miss Kansas, and Instructor Zero? If I lived closer I'd be on that like a motherfucker. I know I've spent more on lower quality entertainment.

I was just thinking about the same thing. If Theresa brings her dog, its even better. Looks like a nice dog.

Zero would be fun to watch. Not in the derisive sense, just a hoot to see shoot and do stuff.

texasaggie2005
03-31-2016, 11:48 AM
Will he have YouTube subtitles in real life?

Hambo
03-31-2016, 12:27 PM
So it won't exactly be a Matt Best video, but, hey, there is chicken fried steak.

pablo
03-31-2016, 12:42 PM
Ive always wanted to talk to Zero and see if he's full of himself or just one of the greatest internet gun troll evar. If he's the latter and just playing a game, my hat is off to him.

orionz06
03-31-2016, 12:52 PM
Maybe they can hand out samples of Fireclean.

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using an owl

rjohnson4405
03-31-2016, 01:33 PM
I will happily fund someone's attendance if they do a write up, or better yet, Live Tweet it.

Chuck Haggard
03-31-2016, 04:13 PM
SGT Vail would be the only real reason to attend that event;

https://www.google.com/search?q=theresa+vail+miss+kansas&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi2qabO6-vLAhXCkIMKHWlLDioQ_AUIBygB&biw=1164&bih=817

HopetonBrown
03-31-2016, 05:04 PM
I'd go, if Zero was also the caterer.

JHC
03-31-2016, 05:32 PM
Will he have YouTube subtitles in real life?

Oh f $%k so funny I aspirated my dip

Slavex
04-01-2016, 03:21 AM
he may have once been a nice guy, now he's a douchebag and his entourage is worse. A friend and I had to wade through the gang of idiots at IWA as they grabbed at random people telling, yes telling, them that they needed to get their pictures taken with 0. I bluntly told them to fuck off and get out of my way. Then snapped a blurry pic of them continuing their stupidity. Not many people have anything nice to say about him, although apparently a couple of the guys that hang around with him are the real deal.
As for his gun skills, yes he's a decent manipulator, at close range, and after 6 billion takes, but that's about it. There is nothing to learn from him in any way shape or form, except maybe how to make a cake.

Dagga Boy
04-01-2016, 07:42 AM
he may have once been a nice guy, now he's a douchebag and his entourage is worse. A friend and I had to wade through the gang of idiots at IWA as they grabbed at random people telling, yes telling, them that they needed to get their pictures taken with 0. I bluntly told them to fuck off and get out of my way. Then snapped a blurry pic of them continuing their stupidity. Not many people have anything nice to say about him, although apparently a couple of the guys that hang around with him are the real deal.
As for his gun skills, yes he's a decent manipulator, at close range, and after 6 billion takes, but that's about it. There is nothing to learn from him in any way shape or form, except maybe how to make a cake.

Well....wouldn't be the first guy in the industry to turn into an ass in proportion to internet fame.

TCinVA
04-01-2016, 07:45 AM
Well....wouldn't be the first guy in the industry to turn into an ass in proportion to internet fame.

Fuckin' A.

Hambo
04-01-2016, 07:57 AM
SGT Vail would be the only real reason to attend that event;

https://www.google.com/search?q=theresa+vail+miss+kansas&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi2qabO6-vLAhXCkIMKHWlLDioQ_AUIBygB&biw=1164&bih=817

Dang...very true. I'd still like to see someone get pics or video of a roomful of Kansans with a collective WTF? over their heads as Zero starts his unintelligible talk about what-the-fuck-ever he's going to talk about.

PPGMD
04-01-2016, 08:38 AM

Some people were just an ass to start with though, internet fame didn't change that.

DEG
04-01-2016, 01:49 PM
Dang...very true. I'd still like to see someone get pics or video of a roomful of Kansans with a collective WTF? over their heads as Zero starts his unintelligible talk about what-the-fuck-ever he's going to talk about.

Your post and a previous one about chicken fried steak are making me consider reconsidering. If Chuck was the keynote, I'd wait in line and pay triple.

HCountyGuy
04-02-2016, 02:27 AM
A police buddy of mine residing in that neck of the woods posted about attending this. I posted something to discourage him, but it didn't seem to earn a response. If he does end up going, I'll ask him to take video or do a write-up, but there are no guarantees.

Chuck Haggard
04-02-2016, 08:53 AM
A police buddy of mine residing in that neck of the woods posted about attending this. I posted something to discourage him, but it didn't seem to earn a response. If he does end up going, I'll ask him to take video or do a write-up, but there are no guarantees.

It makes Baby Odin sad when cops waste limited training funds on bullshit like this

HCountyGuy
04-02-2016, 10:43 PM
It makes Baby Odin sad when cops waste limited training funds on bullshit like this

Well he's not exactly hard-strapped for cash. The man has a nice chunk of land and other niceties, I'm pretty sure he simply works to have extra money to screw around with. I don't think he's going to any of tacti-beard's training, hopefully it's just for the barbecue and to say he met this "hardcore operator".

DMF13
04-03-2016, 12:57 AM
So it won't exactly be a Matt Best video, but, hey, there is chicken fried steak.That comment pretty much requires me to link to this Mat Best video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBaISwLnrgo

Skip to 4:34 for the start of the relevant portion, although the whole thing is funny.

Hambo
04-03-2016, 06:29 AM

I missed that people could sign up for Zero's target-on-a-stick-training. That would be a definite no-go.

HCountyGuy
04-17-2016, 07:21 AM
Someone requested video:

https://www.facebook.com/KansasStateRifleAssociation/videos/1261415270554853/

johncorey
04-17-2016, 10:25 AM
Serves me right for being MIA for a bit, I miss gems like these! Chuck, I'm a little perplexed that you never hit "send" on the text informing me to buy my tickets now..guess something more important got in the way. Someone, sometime ago said "There's a sucker born every minute". Usually those people tend not to hail from the greatest state in the Union.