PDA

View Full Version : For mj888844 - China North International Shooting Range

HCM
03-27-2016, 02:00 AM
Mj888844 posting here reminded me about this - the Chinese Peoples Lineration Army runs a commercial shooting range near Beijing where both tourists and Chinese citizens can pay to shoot various Chinese and foreign weapons.

It's been open since at least the early 1990's - I recall reading about it in Small Arms Review and Soldier of Fortune. I seem to recall it is associated with the Norinco factory but I'm not 100% sure.

China North International Shooting Range is situated in the Nankou Town, Changping District, north of Beijing, about an hour's drive north of Beijing. It is surrounded by tourist attractions like Ming Tombs, the Badaling Great Wall, Juyongguan Great Wall, Minghuang Wax Figures Palace, Old Beijing Minigarden.

China North International Shooting Rang is actually a ballistic bullet park now. A former barracks of the army, it was officially turned into a shooting rang in 1987 according to the policy of converting military facilities into civilian use at that time. China North International Shooting Range is the first and largest of its kind in China for tourist and public entertainment purposes. With its unique advantage, it serves as an ideal classroom not only for teenagers national defense education but also for all ages popularization of weapon knowledge and entertainment. In the shooting range, a weapon exhibition room is furnished to offer visitors chance to enjoy the gun world, exhibiting over 100 kinds of military and civil weapons designed and made all over the world, such as various pistols, rifles, shotguns and machine guns. At present, the shooting range provides various pistols, rifles, shotguns and the special rifle for Paintball game to the visitors, interesting them in the process of fixed, moving and clay pigeon shooting and Paintball game.

It's interesting to see other foreign visitors to miss the point. Pay on the spot by the bullet or other projectile. Professional staff from China's army will assist you in having your weapon pointed at the right target. Please don't forget take your passport on hand for identification when you are going to attend the shooting activity. You might want to bring your own earplugs as well. No license required. Apart from the 7.62mm type or AK47, China North also offers various kinds of pistols, machine guns, rifles, machine guns, and mortars.

http://www.tour-beijing.com/sportstour/china_north_international_shooting_range.php#.VveE dtq9KSN

Mi found an article from a female American tourist who visited the range and is a shooter back home - interesting read.

http://www.lindsayfincher.com/beijing-sampling-the-firearms-of-the-peoples-liberation-army-at-the-china-north-international-shooting-range.html

LockedBreech
03-27-2016, 02:35 AM
Wait, you can shoot a mortar?

That might be worth a trip.

HCM
03-27-2016, 03:17 AM
Wait, you can shoot a mortar?

That might be worth a trip.

You can shoot a main gun round from a Tank as well - the lady in e second article said it was about $100 U.S..

LockedBreech
03-27-2016, 03:19 AM
You know, I'm not quite willing to buy a plane ticket, but if there was a place down the road that let me shoot a tank gun for $100 a pop I might burn my whole paycheck every two weeks.

Drang
03-27-2016, 03:32 AM
Oh, yeah, now I find out about this after my sister has returned to the States...

mj888844
03-27-2016, 04:10 AM
I seem to recall it is associated with the Norinco factory but I'm not 100% sure.

--- Thank you! Yes!China north international shooting range is affiliated to the 208th Research Institute of China ordnance industry.When it opened, then Defense Minister General Zhang Aiping to cut the ribbon, and personally wrote the name. Chinese require registration card.
---

Matt O
03-27-2016, 10:00 AM
Wow...I lived in Beijing for years and somehow completely did not know about this. Might have to check this out when I go back to visit the fam again next year.

Chuck Haggard
03-27-2016, 10:06 AM
You can shoot a main gun round from a Tank as well - the lady in e second article said it was about $100 U.S..

That's a hell of a good deal.