PDA

View Full Version : Ameriglo CS sucks

GJM
03-24-2016, 02:33 PM
I am very sorry to post this, but........

Over a month ago, I ordered five sets of T Cap sights over the phone from Ameriglo. They were supposed to ship in 1-2 days. When they didn't show, I called and was told they would be a few more days. No show, called and spoke to Rick, who apologized, offered some discount, and said another week. Weeks passed, and I called last Friday. Guy said I am "going in back," and will call in ten minutes. Of course, no call. I called again yesterday, received promises and they would be emailing my shipping details yesterday. Of course, no email.

Just called now, and was told they were hoping to be complete in three weeks.

Everyone I have spoken to there has been incredibly nice, but completely incompetent.

HopetonBrown
03-24-2016, 02:44 PM
GJM, unless you're getting some sort of hookup through Ameriglo, I've found Optics Planet to be a pretty good price. Sponsored shooter Jesse Tischauser has a bunch of 10% off coupons if you PM him on Facebook.

Sal Picante
03-24-2016, 02:46 PM
Surprised by this...

Chuck Haggard
03-24-2016, 02:48 PM
I hate to see that. In the past I always found them squared away. Not sure what's going on there.

GJM
03-24-2016, 02:59 PM
Really was hoping this wasn't the case, but after half a dozen frustrating phone attempts to make this right, I felt like I ought to let others know.

Maybe the answer is to buy from their dealers and not from them direct?

Dave J
03-24-2016, 03:02 PM
FWIW, I've also had repeated problems the last few months. I phoned in an order for TCAP sights a week before SHOT, was told they were in stock. Nothing shows up, but my CC wasn't billed, so no panic...email them a few weeks later to see if they'd been backordered, no response. Second email gets a response, that the order was lost. I call back and re-do the order. Wrong sights show up (yellow TCAP instead of orange...invoice had the part number for orange, but wrong parts packed.). Multiple emails later, still no response. I'd think an email subject like "Problem with Order # xxxx" would get a vendor's attention, but apparently that's not the case here.

I like their products, and they're always friendly, but something is clearly not right.

Mirolynmonbro
03-24-2016, 03:53 PM
GJM, unless you're getting some sort of hookup through Ameriglo, I've found Optics Planet to be a pretty good price. Sponsored shooter Jesse Tischauser has a bunch of 10% off coupons if you PM him on Facebook.

I've had good experiences with ameriglo.

Optics Planet sent me the wrong front sight two times for an M&P I had. I told ameriglo optics planet kept goofing and they told me to send them the wrong sight and they sent me the new one no questions asked.

Another time the front sight screws broke inside the sight and they sent me a new sight with a few screws no questions asked.

camsdaddy
03-24-2016, 04:42 PM
I've had issue with them and returned to trijicon. I tried the defoor sights. When I tried to install the front the threads were not straight. I called and spoke to someone and they offered to send me a screw. I told them I had used several known good screws but they insisted. They sent the screw it didn't work and they said sorry

Sasage
03-24-2016, 04:52 PM
I usually use Optics Planet for my ameriglo neews fwiw

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Dave J
03-24-2016, 05:01 PM
FWIW, I've also had repeated problems the last few months....blah...blah...blah.
I like their products, and they're always friendly, but something is clearly not right.

I should add that I've had lots of good experiences with Ameriglo in the past. I have about a dozen pistols with their sights, and have installed a few on friends' guns, all but one or two sets purchased direct.

Once 4-5 years ago, I placed a web order where I'd accidentally selected the wrong height front sight compared to the rear I was buying. Ameriglo called me a few minutes later to check if that was really what I wanted. So, I'm willing to cut them some slack, but I'd like to see them get their internal issues sorted out.

Chuck Haggard
03-24-2016, 05:57 PM
At this point I think I am going to be buying any further sights through Amazon Prime, at least I can ship them back for free if need be.

GAP
03-24-2016, 08:03 PM
All of my Glock pistols wear Ameriglos.. But you're right their actual CS is incompetent. I normally buy them from Optics Planet but they were out so I tried direct.

Ordered sights over the phone.. Week goes by nothing.. I call back, "oh they are on back order will be 2 months." I cancel the order then see a charge on my CC two months later. The lady never canceled my order, charged me without permission then wanted me to mail them back before I saw a refund.

It hurts, I love their sights but that really ticked me off.

jon volk
03-24-2016, 09:00 PM
Another vote for going through Optics Planet. I run a cap front sight and plain black rear on all my guns. Never had to deal with them direct.

voodoo_man
03-24-2016, 09:06 PM
Had several ameriglo sights broken during use. One was more than 6 months old and they replaced it no questions.

Sucks they messed this up.

M2CattleCo
03-24-2016, 10:16 PM
Yup. They are definitely not the same Ameriglo I used to deal with.

I placed an order in January that got back ordered and I didn't know it until three weeks later when I called to inquire.

I placed a pretty big order for several people in February and after a couple days a few people changed what they wanted, so I called to see if it shipped yet. Man on the phone said No. Ok. Could you please cancel the whole order and I'll just replace the entire order to save you the trouble of looking up part numbers and patching the original order? Yeah, he'd cancel the order but made no attempt to be polite about it and I got a lot of put-off sarcastic comments that I found to be totally unacceptable from a customer service guy. And this was after I complimented him on the new website. Even though they still need specs on their sights.

I wanted to tell the guy where to stick the sights but they weren't for me so I held my tongue.

I'd rather buy from 10-8. They have nicer sights and you'll never get rude service from them because they don't do service or communication at all!

Chuck Whitlock
03-25-2016, 08:18 AM
My LGS has twice gotten them cheaper that I could find them online. Then they install them for free, and it's on them if something gets jacked up. Win/win/win for me.

LittleLebowski
03-25-2016, 08:19 AM
At this point I think I am going to be buying any further sights through Amazon Prime, at least I can ship them back for free if need be.

This.

Prdator
03-25-2016, 08:45 AM
I've had nothing short of Outstanding service from them for years.

This is probably the pains of a small company growing and or problems with there vendors. Trust me I get the frustrations but they have always been great to me.

vcdgrips
03-27-2016, 03:36 PM
I wonder if places like this ( quality forums and blogs) have generated so much business that they are simply in over their heads. It seems to happen in the industry all the time re accessories, holsters etc. At some point, demand begins to outstrip supply, manufacturing capacity, QC, etc.

I love their stuff and will likely just go Amazon Prime as well.

OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor
03-30-2016, 08:52 AM
Like most others here I've had VG service from them circa 2008 when Hack sent me there for his then *new* Hack FSs.

Wondering if Rick still own's AG & is his very competent assistant Sharon still on board there?

Mr Pink
03-30-2016, 09:33 AM
I just ordered two sets from Amazon Prime over the weekend and they arrived on Monday. Wish I had seen this thread before I ordered. I might have tried Optics Planet first with a discount code from Jesse.

Peally
03-30-2016, 10:48 AM
People... phone in orders for things these days?

I must be too young for PF.

Chuck Haggard
03-30-2016, 01:01 PM
I wonder if places like this ( quality forums and blogs) have generated so much business that they are simply in over their heads. It seems to happen in the industry all the time re accessories, holsters etc. At some point, demand begins to outstrip supply, manufacturing capacity, QC, etc.

I think that might very well be the case.

orionz06
03-30-2016, 01:15 PM

I always phoned in to ensure specific combos worked and after that just asked for more of the same. It's never been more than a 2 minute call.

GJM
03-30-2016, 01:29 PM
Looking at their website, I couldn't figure out how to order an orange T Cap front with a size rear that would work with a G19 and G34. The person I spoke with on the phone was extremely helpful in figuring what bits and pieces I needed. Ameriglo just seems unable to promptly fill an order, and communicate with their customers through the order process.

GAP
03-31-2016, 08:44 AM

Nothing good happens when you assume.

Their web store was down for months and the specific sights needed weren't available through other websites.

Hot Sauce
04-01-2016, 01:18 AM
Did you speak with Miles at any point?

He exchanged a TCAP for me no fuss and had it to me in under a week.

BWT
04-01-2016, 01:54 AM

Agreed.

I've seen three quality holster manufactures have explosive growth that took years to get on top of the regular demand.

Quality or time usually suffer. I'm fine with time.

God Bless,

Brandon

GJM
04-22-2016, 08:38 PM
It took a few more calls, but this arrived from Ameriglo today:

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg251/GJMandes/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsmf4ddqbk.jpeg (http://s250.photobucket.com/user/GJMandes/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsmf4ddqbk.jpeg.html)

pr1042
04-23-2016, 08:57 AM
I actually just ordered the same combo once I saw the orange fronts were in stock again. I did have to order flat back rears from Optics Planet though to try those out in comparison to the GL146

I haven't really had any issues with my Dawson fiber sights but have been thinking about about trying out different combos once 17 #3 makes its way home

Hot Sauce
04-23-2016, 07:06 PM
A GL-146 is how wide, .180? I hate how the redone Ameriglo website does not list all those basic things like height/width.

pr1042
04-23-2016, 08:45 PM
.150, it's the operator rear

Pro operator rear is .180

JackRock
04-23-2016, 11:40 PM
I'm seeing a bunch of people recommend Optics Planet in this thread, but my own experience with them has been abysmal. We had to order sights for my PPQ three times (one order, and two re-orders). Only to find out that they were out of stock, had been since well before my original order, and the part number I needed was stuck on to a different part entirely. There solution was to place another order, put a hold on the credit card, and hope at some point it comes in stock shortly. At least here with the Ameriglo, the product did come through eventually on the same order.

Sasage
04-24-2016, 03:09 PM
Does Ameriglo still make a thin pro glo ?

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Clusterfrack
04-24-2016, 06:50 PM
I'm pissed at Ameriglo for discontinuing the Operator yellow rear / green front sights.

johncorey
04-24-2016, 07:11 PM
The Pro i-Dots with the dimmer yellow rears were the bees knees. So of course they're discontinued them. I can't remember where I read/who I heard this from, but a smaller PD ordered a batch with the dimmer/yellow bulbs not too long ago, so I would assume the capability is still available.

johncorey
04-24-2016, 07:12 PM
*they've not they're. Thanks phone.

Clusterfrack
04-24-2016, 07:15 PM
I tried ordering Y/G Operators directly from Ameriglo. Nope.

johncorey
04-24-2016, 07:41 PM
Not surprised. I got the same answer when I needed a new set. Based on the PD order, I'd assume a group buy with a quantity of X is the only way to score some now.

vcdgrips
04-25-2016, 10:05 AM
Dinked arround on their website. It appears that they are selling a lot more "packages" and thereby discouraging the rampant mixing and matching of old.
For example, it does not appear that I can easily configure the VCD/CHUCKS/KEEPERS combo of the .140 Square Orange Cap front with yellow trit pro operator rears. The closest "package" to that combo looks to be the Spartan set. Navagation seems to be a bit tricky and you cannot readily see dimensions that sets forth the width differences on the fronts and rears of the various sights.

Dave J
04-25-2016, 10:20 AM
Regarding the lack of sight dimensions on their new website, the pdf catalog seems to do a better job of listing dimensions, at least for individual sights. For the sets, not so much.

It's annoying to me that they don't list ALL the relevant data. You'd think it'd be worth their time to post it, instead of having to answer the phone for simple questions.

Dave J
04-25-2016, 10:24 AM
I should also add that Ameriglo finally straightened out my screwed up order last week. Not sure if it was related to this thread or not, but thanks to Mark Brown, I've finally got my orange TCAPs, and am a happy customer again.

SpyderMan2k4
04-25-2016, 11:09 AM
I ordered a gl-115ur (Glock rear sight, .150 square notch, yellow tritium, and set screw) not long ago. I finally got my slide finished up (milled and painted) and went to install, and the sight would slide freely in the dovetail. The factory plastic sight was tight, as was a different Ameriglo rear from another pistol, so I assume the sight is out of spec.

Customer service (Myles) was really nice to deal with on a phone. It did take a couple days to get a RAN for sending the sight back. I was hoping they'd just ship me a new sight with a return label for the old one, but instead they want to check it out to verify dimensions in case it was the dovetail that's out of spec. Got the sight in the mail today, so we'll see how long it takes to get a good one back.

VolGrad
04-25-2016, 02:39 PM
Ive long had issues with lack of info on the site, misinfo on the site, most everything always out of stock on the site, discount codes that were offered directly to me not working, ordering the same set or part number 5 times and getting 3 different things, etc. I could go on but it's not worth it. Ameriglo used to be my go to but now I look elsewhere first and there if I must.

SpyderMan2k4
04-25-2016, 04:04 PM
I definitely agree, the lack of information on the site sucks. I basically had to find a sight I liked on the site and note the model number, then cross reference with the catalogue which actually has the specs. Far from ideal, but it worked.

pr1042
04-25-2016, 04:29 PM
discount code COP for 15%....

M2CattleCo
04-25-2016, 08:32 PM
Well they recently changed the rear sight on the Glock Defoors. Looked good since they now have a set screw. I installed the rear (no fitting required) on a friend's 17 and the top of the rear sight is shorter at the rear than the front (opposite of how a rear sight should be) and it causes a super annoying glare to appear across the top of the rear sight if light hits it right.

I emailed and filled out the RMA form at least six weeks ago and never heard back from them.

Done with 'em.

VolGrad
04-26-2016, 10:53 AM
It makes me sad as Rick always seemed like a good guy and I genuinely loved their products when they were right and the order was filled correctly. I made excuses for far too long though. Life is to short to keep dealing with the same issue and expecting a different result.

SpyderMan2k4
05-02-2016, 10:30 PM
An update on my experience. I received my new rear sight today, about a week after I shipped the other one back to them (loose in the dovetail). Decent turnaround time.

For the sight itself, this one was loose too. I compared it to the Ameriglo that was on my 17 and all the measurements are the same (the sight from my 17 is tight in my 19). My only guess is that the angle of the sight is a little different. Either way, a friend recommended that I shim it, so a small strip of .005 shim stock under the sight tightened it up nicely.

steve
05-12-2016, 03:40 PM
I ordered from them on Monday the 9th of May and two front sights and one rear arrived today priority mail just as ordered. If I remember from the past my orders came from Pennsylvania and they now come from Georgia.