PDA

View Full Version : Glock Customer Service question

GJM
10-17-2011, 01:14 PM
I spoke to a tech with Glock customer service today, and he said that while there is a new ejector available for the 9 and 40 pistols, they were not shipping any ejectors except to LE. He said that the only way for me to get the new ejector was to return the pistol to Glock, all current mods would be done,and no RA was required. However, when I asked him about the GFA, he said all after market parts would be removed by Glock when they returned the pistol. I am OK pulling the GFA's, but does that mean the Vickers slide stops will be taken off by Glock? If so, will they be returned?

I am assuming that "all the mods" means the new RSA and ejector? If so, is there a source to buy the new ejector?

GJM
10-18-2011, 11:47 PM
Update -- Glock says after market sights will stay on, but all non-factory parts will be removed (but returned with pistols). Pistols headed to Glock now for "all the Gen 4 mods," which I understand to mean the new ejector, new RSA, dot connector and inspect extractor.

JHC
10-19-2011, 08:13 AM
Too bad you can't just drive up to the plant for that service. They knock it out in a few minutes while you're hanging out in the lobby leafing through the Glock Annual.

ToddG
10-19-2011, 10:54 AM
In GJM's case, it would be "fly up to the plant." And don't tempt him... I can see him actually doing it. :cool: