PDA

View Full Version : Facebook for Shooters!?

saints75
03-22-2016, 01:28 PM
I ran across an article that talked about a new shooting app, The Shooting Club. It is suppose to be like Facebook, but for gun owners. Looks interesting. It launches in April. www.theshootingclub.com There is a video that explains the app. Looks interesting.

okie john
03-22-2016, 01:59 PM
I ran across an article that talked about a new shooting app, The Shooting Club. It is suppose to be like Facebook, but for gun owners. Looks interesting. It launches in April. www.theshootingclub.com There is a video that explains the app. Looks interesting.

I'd rather not publicize my involvement with the shooting sports aside from places like PF.com. ALL social media is about gathering data. I don't know what they plan to do with the information they gather, and I have no reason to trust them in any way.

Okie John

Stumpnav
03-22-2016, 02:29 PM
Gundistrict.com is a pro 2A 'FB'-like site

ubervic
03-22-2016, 02:40 PM
I watched the video and was surprised: I used to work with the guy in the video, Jonathan Rockett. (We worked in a completely different industry.)

LorenzoS
03-22-2016, 03:20 PM
.. ALL social media is about gathering data. I don't know what they plan to do with the information they gather, and I have no reason to trust them in any way. Agreed. Any business transaction involves a buyer, a seller and a product. If you aren't paying or receiving money to participate in an online experience, what does that make you?