PDA

View Full Version : G19 Gen 3 vs 4 Mag ejection

BJXDS
03-17-2016, 10:06 PM
Has anyone else noticed this?

When shooting my Gen 4 I noticed the mag ejection was a little sluggish. When I got home I tested the mag ejection on both the Gen 3 and 4. The mags shot out of the Gen 3 much stronger. After comparing both and switching mags between the 2, I noticed the Gen 3 mags ejected stronger out of both. The Gen 3 was still stronger with both mags but the Gen 3 mags definitely worked the best in both guns??

As a side note I also noticed the beavertail backstrap on the the Gen 4 made it much easier for me to shoot both thumbs forward, just more natural for me to do that, which greatly minimized failure of the slide to lock back, the only draw back was that it was harder for me to release the mag due to the fact that the other side of my hand prevented the mag release from engaging. When I pushed it with my thumb it would hit my finger/hand and not release. I was basically hitting the mag release from both sides preventing it from moving. This is an operational issue I need to work through, and will just need to see which grip works best overall for me.