PDA

View Full Version : WV state troopers saves himself via "Get Off Me" knife work

HCM
03-17-2016, 09:12 PM
State trooper stabs man who tried to choke, drown him in creek

MILL CREEK, W.Va. (WCHS/WVAH) It was a fight for survival in Randolph County, where West Virginia State Police said a trooper had to stab a man who tried to choke and drown the officer in a creek.

Nathaniel Wegman, 27, of Elkins will be charged with attempted murder once he is released from the hospital, according to a news release from state police.

Wegman, who was wanted on a burglary charge in Indiana, fled on foot. Cornelius was able to catch up with him in a stream, where Wegman resisted arrest and assaulted Cornelius, causing him to fall and hit his head on the creek bottom.

Wegman then tried to choke and drown Cornelius, according to the press release. The trooper couldn't reach his gun because he was pinned to the ground, but was able to get to his knife, which was used to stop the assault.

State Police said Wegman received multiple wounds to his torso and chin. He fled the scene with Laura Lynn, 32, of Mooresville, Ind., State Police said.

A passer-by noticed Cornelius in the creek, helped him out of the water and called 911.

Lynn and Wegman fled in the vehicle into a wooded area along County Route 43 - where Lynn was later arrested.

http://cbs6albany.com/news/nation-world/state-trooper-stabs-man-who-tried-to-choke-drown-him-in-creek?wap=0

luckyman
03-18-2016, 11:50 AM
Yep those boys around Randolph county are used to taking care of themselves. Back in the 80's at least, it was common for only 2 troopers to be on duty per shift for a 1000 sq mile county.

voodoo_man
03-18-2016, 12:13 PM
Yep those boys around Randolph county are used to taking care of themselves. Back in the 80's at least, it was common for only 2 troopers to be on duty per shift for a 1000 sq mile county.

1000sq miles? So taking care of personal matters was a county motto? Lol

luckyman
03-18-2016, 12:29 PM
1000sq miles? So taking care of personal matters was a county motto? Lol

Of course the population of the whole county was only something like 25,000.

Norm ( my trooper friend) was a good dude. I wish I hadn't lost touch with him. First time I ever shot a pistol was when he loaded his 357 with some 38 WCs and let me try it.