PDA

View Full Version : ToddG remembrance thread

Pages : 1 [2]

VolGrad
03-16-2016, 08:27 PM
I would like to thank Todd for putting it all together for me. I had taken classes from a lot of other big names before him but his AFHF class is where it all came together for me. RIP my friend.

John Hearne
03-16-2016, 08:43 PM
Here's an old cell phone video of Todd shooting a 5.5 FAST with the Springfield. I love his reaction when he learned he had a clean run just over 5 seconds.

I took AFHF in February of 2010 at the "eventful" Memphis class. I was running the timer when Todd demo'ed the FAST. He ran it clean in 5.08. I took no small amount of glee in telling him that he had missed it by .08. I guess he thought I was messing him as he asked to see the timer. I got another "damn" when he realized I was telling the truth.

Todd also had to eat some crow in that class. Tom Givens came out and shot the first cold FAST and put both head shots in the same hole. Todd said that Tom had missed one of his headshots, dare I say gleefully. Tom returned to his office for the rest of the class. At the end of the class, Tom came in again and shot the last FAST drill of the class. This time, Tom's headshots were slightly more dispersed but still mostly overlapped, just enough to be clear that there were two headshots. The look Todd's face was priceless when he realized that he was wrong when he called Tom's first headshots a miss.

Speaking of that class, I call this picture the "Triple Sexy" as it has Todd, William Aprill, and myself:
http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb374/ajp3jeh/Gun%20Stuff/triple_sexy_zpsydilwjl0.png (http://s1202.photobucket.com/user/ajp3jeh/media/Gun%20Stuff/triple_sexy_zpsydilwjl0.png.html)

Yesterday, I did my best to honor Todd. When I got home I played with my dog until she collapsed - twice. I then headed to the range and ran a few FASTs. Finally, my wife and I watch some Archer.

PPGMD
03-16-2016, 08:49 PM
John,

Are there any other pictures from the Memphis class?

Anyways the Memphis class shows what sort of man Todd was. He didn't wait to see if he had any liability, he almost immediately posted the AAR so other may learn from it.

Mr Pink
03-16-2016, 09:20 PM
Yesterday, I did my best to honor Todd. When I got home I played with my dog until she collapsed - twice. I then headed to the range and ran a few FASTs. Finally, my wife and I watch some Archer.Dude! You saying that was priceless!

karmapolice
03-16-2016, 09:28 PM
The impact Todd has had on my life though we never met in real life has been enormous. I've made friends and contacts through this site that have become an important part of my life, and through them met more people. It's not just limited to people though it's also gear. I remember my first appendix holster from Rich at CCC the looper, that Todd had a hand in. Then there is the affect he has had on my training and shooting skills wether direct or indirect. All this has culminated into me being able to better myself and help others do the same. Thank you Todd, thank you so very much. God Speed

Seven_Sicks_Two
03-16-2016, 10:04 PM
Damn. I never got the chance to meet or train with Todd. It's a reminder to not put things off. My condolences to his family and friends.

Godspeed.

JodyH
03-16-2016, 10:06 PM
Wearing the U1 and going to go eat at Chili's tomorrow.
See ya on the other side dude.

Magic_Salad0892
03-16-2016, 10:21 PM
I'm honestly really sad that I wasn't able to take a class from Todd, and never met him.

That said, his postings and anecdotes shaped who I am as a shooter. I read almost every post on Pistol-Training.com, and have had an account here for years.

I was really hoping that after all this time, and reading the status updates he gave about the cancer that I'd never have to post this:

RIP, Todd Green. You will be missed by many.

Savage Hands
03-16-2016, 10:44 PM
I have to ask, what was eventful at the Memphis class? I probably read the AAR at the time but I don't recall.

cosine
03-16-2016, 11:00 PM
I'm honestly really sad that I wasn't able to take a class from Todd, and never met him.

That said, his postings and anecdotes shaped who I am as a shooter. I read almost every post on Pistol-Training.com, and have had an account here for years.

I was really hoping that after all this time, and reading the status updates he gave about the cancer that I'd never have to post this:

RIP, Todd Green. You will be missed by many.

The same for me. Never had the chance to train with him, but Pistol-Training and Pistol-Forum were instrumental in starting me off right when I was just starting to get into shooting.

Thanks for showing me the right path Todd. RIP.

Magic_Salad0892
03-16-2016, 11:04 PM
I honestly regret taking time off from this site (well... forums in general), because it probably means I lost a lot of chances to interact and correspond with Todd while he was here.

:/

DMF13
03-16-2016, 11:18 PM
RIP Sir.

http://pistol-training.com/archives/2474I never met Mr. Green, or corresponded with him, but regardless he's been a significant influence on me, both as a student and instructor. I first learned of pistol-training.com from a friend, when he found out I was likely to be next in line to be a FI at our office. Then I started reading his blog posts, and two days later had read every single one. The Memphis AAR immediately influenced me, and as soon I started "working the line" for quals/training, I incorporated those ideas into the briefing for the day. Very little was said about it prior to that, and when asked why I do that I would email the student or instructor who asked this link.

Ed L
03-16-2016, 11:31 PM
I've been struggling to think of something meaningful to write.

I am very saddened by his death. I knew that Todd had been fighting cancer for many years. He fought harder and more bravely than anyone I have ever known. When Chemotherapy caused the bones in one of his arms to deteriorate or break he had them replaced with titanium and had to learn to shoot from square one. A lesser person would have thrown in the towel long ago.

I first took notice of him when I read his posts on M4carbine.net. They were some of the most well thought out and detailed posts that I have ever encountered online and I really liked most of what he said. I really admired the the way he logically defended his beliefs and positions. I sent him a PM to that effect. This was before he started teaching publicly. I later took his class and did an article on it for SWAT Magazine.

Words are really inadequate.

LittleLebowski
03-17-2016, 07:14 AM
He is missed, and will continue to be missed.

http://backwoodshome.com/blogs/MassadAyoob/2016/03/16/a-sad-week/

Class act. Thank you, Mas.

lindertw
03-17-2016, 10:30 AM
I remember showing up to my first IDPA match at the NRA range winter of 2007-2008, and seeing Todd introduce Larry Vickers to the range staff. Larry was in town and Todd convinced him to shoot the match (with borrowed gear IIRC). There was considerable laughter when the guy running sign-in asked to see Larry's IDPA membership card.

I saw Todd lots at the NRA range in 2008, and ultimately worked up the nerve to sign up for instruction from him (at the time he was still doing one-on-one lessons), I wanted to get sorted out prior to a handgun class I was taking with Vickers in the fall of 2008 in southern VA. Todd got me squared away, and even came down to the class to take pictures.

I especially remember how kind and encouraging he was with my kids when they were learning to shoot (me doing my best to pass down what I was taught by him). They enjoyed joking with Todd, and of course they received lots of swag (hats, log books, signed stuff from Julie G., etc.). Todd even let my daughter design a pistol-training shirt to her liking (http://p-tc.spreadshirt.com/emma-s-shirt-A5304262/customize/color/256); she still wears it to school with pride :cool:

As much as Todd influenced me in shooting sports, I managed to have minor input back when he was running his 100k round torture test on the S&W MP. At the time there was a thread on another forum where he was looking for ideas on how/where to logo the pistol. I made a quick photoshop (http://i910.photobucket.com/albums/ac306/lindertw/mp_pt_logo_zpsnegh3ei9.jpg) and he ran with it (turns out only one was made this way).

I'm grateful to have benefited from his training, and friendship - heck, I think we all are...

We'll miss you Todd, ja mata

TCinVA
03-17-2016, 11:15 AM
http://youtu.be/JajTxDsPdv0

Mr_White
03-17-2016, 12:02 PM
Last night with the training group we had a shooting/training memorial to TLG. I hope he'd like what we did, which was to focus on on-demand, guaranteed hits, in drills and contests that I know he liked or think he would have liked. As much as he and I might have sparred over the term 'guaranteed', I think we are all in fairly close agreement about on-demand performance being what ultimately matters, even if we have some different paths in getting there.

We started out by shooting a cold, on-demand FAST individually. When it was my turn, I did my damndest to 'guarantee the hits.' It was some stingy shooting for sure, but there was no way I was going to miss any of those shots when I was shooting a cold FAST in a bit of pressure situation and as a tribute to TLG.

Here was my run (4.43: 1.36, .42 / 1.83 / .29, .27, .26):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPJLMnPETr4

We did a "21 drill salute" to TLG, practicing shooting Bill Drills to 8" circles at 7 yards, and pairs to the 3x5 at 7 yards, while I tried to move around and help tune everyone up.

Then we had all ten members of the training group shoot an untimed FAST all together:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nMT3-0Rbpw

After that, we did a version of the Action vs. Reaction drill. Two shooters next to each other with identical target arrays - one USPSA target at 7 yards and two bowling pins at 15 yards. Actor moves first, reactor only moves upon seeing the actor initiate. Whoever had both pins down and two As in the paper target first, won the race. Short and sweet.

Last thing we did was an outlaw match-type stage that forced the shooter into a somewhat confined area among a bunch of no-shoots, find several bowling pins partially hidden behind barrels and tarps downrange at about 15-18 yards and knock down all the pins - without muzzling the no-shoots. I was very pleased to not have to issue any penalties to anyone for muzzling the no-shoots.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtpHLYSNDWw

I hope you would have enjoyed what we did, TLG! Many of us have come to enjoy the virtues of performance-based shooting, because of you. You have had a powerful influence over many of us. We will not forget you, and your ideas will live on.

TCinVA
03-17-2016, 12:42 PM
I think he would have gotten a big kick out of that. Nicely done!

TiroFijo
03-17-2016, 01:29 PM
How could I miss this the past two days?
RIP Todd mi amigo... you will be missed and remembered.

iheartglock
03-17-2016, 01:36 PM
I can only echo what many others have said: I never met the man and sadly never got to learn from him in person, but his posts, pistol-training, and pistol-forum have profoundly affected the way I go about all things shooting related. Deepest condolences to his friends and loved ones:(

45R
03-17-2016, 01:36 PM
I had a customer that just ordered an SME, and he emailed to ask if I could put Todd's initials on the holster, since it was Todd's influence that prompted him to buy the SME. Of course I was going to oblige his request, but it really got me thinking. Since Todd and SLG are the only reason that the SME even exists, I figure it is fitting to acknowledge it from now on, in memoriam. All SME's from this point forward will have the following stamped on the back...

https://c2.staticflickr.com/2/1471/25811304236_20ee2d7b70_z.jpg

AWESOME!

TwoAlpha
03-17-2016, 02:43 PM
My thoughts and prayers go out to his family. Todd was an exceptional man and teacher. Like many others here, he had a positive impact on my life that will last forever. Thank you for all you did brother. RIP

Mr_White
03-17-2016, 03:24 PM

Thanks TC, it makes me very happy to hear that!

JV_
03-17-2016, 03:43 PM

Agreed. We all got a good laugh out of your previous video, the Jim Zubiena spoof.

Kimura
03-17-2016, 04:33 PM
Sorry to hear this news. Condolences to his family and friends.

I never met Todd, but he certainly made me a better shooter though this forum and the pistol-training website. So I will just finish this by saying thank you.

Guinnessman
03-17-2016, 09:14 PM
First off, My thoughts and prayers go out to Todd's family and dear friends during this trying time. I can't imagine how you all feel right now.

I first read Todd's site when he was running the HK45 test. That test rocked, so when he started the P30 test, I looked forward to every Thursday. At the Shot Show that year, I stopped by the HK booth to see his P30 on display in all of its glory.

Between Todd's articles, posts, arguments, disagreements, and drills, PT/PF always had great content and there was/is always something new to learn. This site had low drama and a good membership, that I feel come from Todd's character.

AFHF must have been an awesome class!

Todd taught us all a lot with this site. The latest lesson of his has not been mentioned.

In his last months with us, he put the Glock away and shot/carried a $7500 Custom 1911! His actions right there teach us that you need to have a "Grail" gun to enjoy for yourself. Life is too short to shoot ugly guns.(Well you gotta have at least one pretty one.)

I can't imagine the discussions that he is having with Cooper about 1911's right now! And 9mm one's to boot!

Rest in peace Todd.

Josh Runkle
03-17-2016, 10:28 PM
In his last months with us, he put the Glock away and shot/carried a $7500 Custom 1911! His actions right there teach us that you need to have a "Grail" gun to enjoy for yourself. Life is too short to shoot ugly guns.(Well you gotta have at least one pretty one.)

I think part of the lesson was that he was well loved.

mark7
03-17-2016, 11:35 PM
Rest in peace sir. May God grant you eternal rest and may He also look over your family and grant them peace now, in their most extreme moment of sorrow.

SamueL
03-18-2016, 12:13 AM
Todd had a huge influence on me, not only my shooting but also my life. Without him, I likely never would have made some great friends and I doubt I would be where I am professionally.

Todd and I had conversed on several forums but I didn't get to meet him until I attended AFHF in Stroudsburg, PA. I had recently broken my hand and wrist and messaged him about my condition. I included all the methods I knew for one-handed manipulations. Todd promptly responded that he was impressed I was sticking with the class and followed with, "Dude! You're going to get your money's worth." I sure did! Heck, for the price of admission Todd even loaded my mags and cut my steak (but drew the line at adjusting my belt)!

Todd, you and your family are in my prayers. You will be dearly missed. Godspeed!

"Most. Awesome. Photo. Ever." - Todd Louis Green

67GTONUT
03-18-2016, 04:15 AM
RIP....

Although I am not a frequent visitor to this site..... This place took my shooting to the next level... When I go to the range and perform some of the drills on this site, and I often get many questions on where I got them from, and they also want to try the drills with me....

Thank you for making a difference.....

Guinnessman
03-18-2016, 05:57 AM
I think part of the lesson was that he was well loved.

I agree completely! Thanks for adding that.

jphm
03-18-2016, 10:32 AM
Todd had a huge impact on me getting into shooting and learning the sport the right way. I took a couple of his classes and can't thank myself enough for doing that. He was such a Great guy and he will be sorely missed.

http://youtu.be/c5XFgPjQUac

LittleLebowski
03-18-2016, 12:41 PM
Tuesday night, I stayed up until about 1AM putting together my Dillon 550 (thanks again to he who shall remain anonymous for this wonderful gift!).

I started drinking and watching Archer. Once Archer started playing, the tears started flowing.

Irelander
03-18-2016, 02:21 PM
I sure wish I could have known him like you all did.

JV_
03-18-2016, 02:32 PM
I'm not sure if I've posted this one yet, but I like it:

TCinVA
03-18-2016, 02:37 PM
I sure wish I could have known him like you all did.

It was definitely a great experience.

I learned a lot from Todd, and had a lot of great times with him. And through him I've been introduced to a whole bunch of truly awesome people over the years. I can't thank him enough for that.

NEPAKevin
03-18-2016, 02:37 PM
I had recently broken my hand and wrist and messaged him about my condition. I included all the methods I knew for one-handed manipulations. Todd promptly responded that he was impressed

After almost everyone left, Todd, Scott and I were BSing as Todd packed up and we talked about how inspiring it is to shoot with someone who works around an injury instead of whining about it and at some point I said something to the effect that you were Todd's right?left hand man. He literally froze in place for a second then looked at me with an expression of almost child like glee and said "Dude, why didn't you say that two days ago?" and you could almost see his mind going through a plethora of sarcastic quips he could have used through out the weekend.

98z28
03-18-2016, 02:45 PM
Continued prayers for Todd's loved ones.

I tired to get him down to our agency for training, but the timing never worked out. Even though I couldn't get him down for personal instruction, we incorporated some of the drills and methods he championed on the old firearms training and tactics site, M4carbine.net, pistol-training.com and pistol-forum.com.

What you built lives on, Todd. Many of us are safer today and will continue to improve because of your work. Thank you for challenging us to constantly get better.

I'll wear a Sinn, shoot a cold FAST, and think about Todd when I make it to the range next week (as happens pretty much every range trip [emoji41] ).

MDS
03-18-2016, 03:43 PM
I've been living under a rock for a few months and haven't been posting. But Todd's passing hits hard. If I quiet my mind, though, I can hear TLG, mocking my soft feelings in that way he had, which made these sad moments seem small in the face of life's essential goodness.

Rest in rage, TLG. Fuck cancer, in all its physical and social forms.

CS Tactical
03-18-2016, 04:44 PM
Finally found my hat from the first class I took with Todd.

TCinVA
03-18-2016, 04:46 PM
If you have any pictures of Todd you would like to share beyond the ones already in the thread, please post them in the following thread:

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?19703-Please-post-or-send-any-pictures-you-have-of-Todd

...or contact me through the forum and let me know. Todd's family has asked me to collect photos for his upcoming memorial service.

MichaelD
03-18-2016, 05:44 PM
Todd indirectly helped to keep the sun off my head on a hike in the Superstition Mountains on Wednesday:

Thanks for the hat, Todd! I'll be wearing it at a class on Saturday in your memory.

Arclight
03-18-2016, 05:58 PM

Here's one he was fond of too.

Arclight
03-18-2016, 07:30 PM

This is how I always felt when shooting with Todd... under his watchful eye.

joshs
03-18-2016, 08:48 PM
It was definitely a great experience.

I learned a lot from Todd, and had a lot of great times with him. And through him I've been introduced to a whole bunch of truly awesome people over the years. I can't thank him enough for that.

This. Todd was really fond of the idea that your friends can either bring you up or pull you down to their level. This was often said in his usual self-deprecating manner to show his appreciation for his friends. For me, I feel like Todd was a friend who was always pulling me up. At first, just as a shooting partner, who for some reason befriended a young law student and middling pistol shooter when I had little to offer him in return for the hours we spent at the range together or just letting me pick his brain about pistol shooting.

As others in this thread have noted, he was one of the most helpful people in the shooting industry. No matter if you were a student in his class or just someone sharing some range time with him, he really cared about helping you become a better pistol shooter. This quality, beyond his very high level of skill or vast knowledge of shooting mechanics, made him an excellent teacher of the pistol.

He was also the most loyal and honest friend anyone could ask for. The Memphis class discussed in this thread is an excellent example of his character. How many instructors, let alone attorneys, would immediately make a public post about a gun-shot injury in a class they taught? But, Todd didn't hesitate to make that post because it was the right thing to do.

These qualities are likely what drew so many other good people to him. I don't think there is anyone who knew Todd well who can't count a number of good friends they would not know but for Todd.

I can't express how thankful that I am that he was my friend. I miss him dearly.

dogcaller
03-19-2016, 09:58 AM
I never met Todd, but felt like I knew him--at least his character. I think I first became aware of him years ago in the early days of IDPA, on an IDPA email thread (listserve?). He was always so well though out, and just decent. Years later his name pops in my head for some reason and I google him, landing here. This forum speaks to the TLG difference. High quality people (I can't believe some of the people I get to read and learn from here), high quality discussion, and a profound sense of decency. It all fits.

I regret never getting to train with him, but I will always appreciate what I have learned from him. He did it well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

idahojess
03-19-2016, 01:01 PM
I can't add anything that has not been said already. I only knew him through his writings and postings. What a loss, and what a battle he fought. My thoughts and prayers to Todd's family and friends.

Magic_Salad0892
03-19-2016, 09:46 PM
How is Todd's family doing? Does anybody know? Hope they're holding up okay.

olstyn
03-20-2016, 02:35 AM
How is Todd's family doing? Hope they're holding up okay.

I think we're all hoping for that. It can't be easy, but on the other hand, he fought cancer for a lot of years. There's probably some relief in knowing he's not suffering anymore. It was that sort of bittersweet situation when my aunt passed away last fall. She had similarly fought cancer for many years, and while the whole family felt the loss keenly, we also knew that her pain was over. Even less than a year later, we're remembering her for who she was and how she lived more than the pain of losing her. Hopefully Todd's family can have that soon. Given the existence of the other thread requesting pictures, I assume they're aware of the outpouring of love and support from this community, and that must help at least a little.

StraitR
03-20-2016, 03:55 AM
For whatever reason, I can't sleep. For whatever reason, the passing of Todd is still weighing heavy on my heart. Cancer has touched my immediate family on more than one occasion, and has stolen from me years and countless memories. I'm not an emotional guy, my wife has caused me to cry once, joyfully when our daughter was born. She still talks about it with friends and family, boasting that she is the only one capable of bringing me to tears. As I sit here posted up in the dark, staring out the back of our house passing time as overwatch for our outside cats, all I can think about is smoking a coyote and the passing of TLG. Tears, streaming down my face in utter silence, I'm reminded how much I hate cancer and how cold and ruthless it is. I do my best not to "hate" anything, as I think it's such a waste of time and energy to feel that negatively about anything. I fucking hate cancer.

I will find a way to be better today. Better today than I was yesterday. As a husband, father, and human being. Tomorrow is not promised, and the passing of Todd is a painful reminder of that.

Rampage dudes.

KimberlyG
03-20-2016, 12:08 PM
Thank you, on behalf of ToddG's family, for your remembrance of him. This thread, as well as the comments on Facebook have been an amazing, sometimes overwhelming, outpouring of support. The posts have brought many tears and smiles. As family members, we all thought ToddG was pretty awesome but your comments have underscored the reach and impact his life had. Thank you.

As his wife, I am so thankful to have been able to spend nearly 25 years with Todd. Every day, I knew how lucky I was to be with him. I have lost my best friend, cheerleader, range partner (although I never went as much as he would have liked), the one who always made me smile, my kick-in-the pants when I needed it, my soul mate, my one true love. My heart is broken. With the support of family, close friends and of course Freyja, we doing our best ... taking it day-by-day, sometimes minute-by-minute.

He'd have a smile on his face that his death is what got me to participate in the Forum.

MichaelD
03-20-2016, 02:15 PM
My sincerest condolences, KimberlyG. I helped my mother through the loss of both my father and her second husband. You definitely have tough days ahead, but know that you are in the prayers of many of us here.

olstyn
03-20-2016, 03:24 PM
Every day, I knew how lucky I was to be with him. I have lost my best friend, cheerleader, range partner (although I never went as much as he would have liked), the one who always made me smile, my kick-in-the pants when I needed it, my soul mate, my one true love.

From the posts he wrote about you, it sounded like you were all of that to him as well. As MichaelD said, sincerest condolences.

TCinVA
03-20-2016, 05:49 PM
Lots of guys complain about their wives when they are out with the other guys. Todd never did. He always insisted he got the much better end of the deal.

Clobbersaurus
03-20-2016, 06:18 PM
I was off the grid for a few days and noticed the new logo as soon as I logged in. This is very sad news, my condolences to his friends and family. This forum and many of Todd's posts have had a huge positive influence on my shooting. I only wish I'd found the forum sooner and taken the chance to train with him when he was in my neck of the woods a few years ago.

Mr Pink
03-20-2016, 06:19 PM
Lots of guys complain about their wives when they are out with the other guys. Todd never did. He always insisted he got the much better end of the deal.I was always impressed at how Todd spoke about his wife and how often.

JDM
03-20-2016, 07:36 PM
Lots of guys complain about their wives when they are out with the other guys. Todd never did. He always insisted he got the much better end of the deal.

I distinctly remember this from the time I spent with Todd.

Paul D
03-20-2016, 08:34 PM
Chúng tôi xin chia buồn với sự mất mát to lớn của anh / chị và gia quyến.

Ed L
03-20-2016, 10:39 PM

I distinctly remember Todd saying that he married above his station, or something along those lines.

My sincerest condolences to Todd's wife and family.

BaiHu
03-20-2016, 10:50 PM
I recall his giving thanks post and after I read it, I made extra sure to praise my SO for her love and support. It was as odd as it was Todd to have equally good relationship advice as shooting advice. You're not alone with your burden KimberlyG and thanks for gracing us with a post.

LittleLebowski
03-21-2016, 07:13 AM
Thank you, on behalf of ToddG's family, for your remembrance of him. This thread, as well as the comments on Facebook have been an amazing, sometimes overwhelming, outpouring of support. The posts have brought many tears and smiles. As family members, we all thought ToddG was pretty awesome but your comments have underscored the reach and impact his life had. Thank you.

As his wife, I am so thankful to have been able to spend nearly 25 years with Todd. Every day, I knew how lucky I was to be with him. I have lost my best friend, cheerleader, range partner (although I never went as much as he would have liked), the one who always made me smile, my kick-in-the pants when I needed it, my soul mate, my one true love. My heart is broken. With the support of family, close friends and of course Freyja, we doing our best ... taking it day-by-day, sometimes minute-by-minute.

He'd have a smile on his face that his death is what got me to participate in the Forum.

I lost count of the times Todd and I agreed that we both married up. Todd left an indelible mark on the firearms community and there's no way he could have done so without your unending support and love. As Todd frequently said, his wife allowed him to live life on his own terms, doing what he loved. To be blunt, many wives don't support their husbands in a dream job like being a firearms instructor who travels so much. Todd was very lucky to have you as a wife and he knew it, your love for each other was blindingly obvious to all of us that knew you both. I am looking forward to seeing you soon and please reach out via email/phone/whatever for anything, even if you just want to tell Todd stories.

Mjolnir
03-21-2016, 06:57 PM
I just discovered this today and I've been down ever since.

I took Todd's class - Shooting on the Move/Low Probability Shooting (IIRC) and the man was a pleasure to be around. The dot drill stomped me pretty good and we joked about it later.

Tamara and I ate dinner with him after Training Day 2 and he was a truly likable guy: keenly intelligent and analytical, sharp wit and, of course, a helluva shot.

He was one of those people I just didn't want to go too far away. Kind of like Paul Gomez in that regard.

Well, he's "gone" from this compressed 3-D plane but his soul lives on. And he lives in our memories. I think I should market a red dot T-shirt in his name (2" day glo red dots on a white T-shirt. He'd recognize it and laugh immeasurably.

Miss you buddy.

Godspeed.

-------------------------------------
"One cannot awaken a man who pretends to be asleep."

simonsez
03-21-2016, 09:04 PM
Prayers are being sent for Todd's wife and family. I never had a lot to add to this forum, but I certainly had a lot to learn and have enjoyed every hour spent learning from Todd's and so many others posts. This forum has shaped the way I carry and shoot a gun for self defense.

Mr Pink
03-21-2016, 09:32 PM
Well, he's "gone" from this compressed 3-D plane but his soul lives on. And he lives in our memories.Nicely said!

9mmBrad
03-22-2016, 01:26 PM
My prayers and condolences go out to the family and friends. I didn't know Todd personally like many on here did but I thoroughly enjoyed reading his articles and posts on here. Todd you will be missed.

uechibear
03-22-2016, 01:46 PM
This news makes me very sad.

I've been thinking about it for a week, and adequate words don't come to mind, but I'll be forever happy that I got a chance to meet Todd and take a class from him.

My condolences to Todd's loved ones.

TCinVA
03-23-2016, 01:49 PM
http://www.pumphreyfuneralhome.com/obituary/Todd-Louis-Green/Rockville-MD/1601081

I wasn't ready to read that.

JV_
03-23-2016, 02:19 PM
I wasn't ready to read that.Same here.

Yesterday, I caught myself wondering if he'd be shooting at ESS, so we could grab lunch.

Mr Pink
03-23-2016, 05:01 PM
I wasn't ready to read that.Me either. Man, that stings.

JHC
03-23-2016, 05:23 PM
http://www.pumphreyfuneralhome.com/obituary/Todd-Louis-Green/Rockville-MD/1601081

That's a helluva life well lived. Kudos to the author, not the the least for the Princess Bride reference.

Last year on his FB page he discussed his great fortune to have lived his dream job so long. That is pretty rare in my circles.

LittleLebowski
03-23-2016, 05:25 PM

I'm still not ready. Seriously.

dbateman
03-23-2016, 06:12 PM

It took me a few goes to read that.
Don't do what I just did and try reading that while waiting in a shop.

Irelander
03-24-2016, 01:50 PM
TCinVA just published a really nice piece about Todd:

http://www.gunnuts.net/2016/03/24/goodbye-todd/

^^^That...is....awesome!

My heart goes out to all you guys who knew him so well. Be thankful for all the fond memories you have and feel free to share them whenever you can. Those of us who unfortunately did not know him never get tired of hearing about the joyous friendships you all had with him.

Mr_White
03-24-2016, 04:04 PM
Nice piece, TC!!!

abu fitna
03-24-2016, 11:46 PM
I do not have any eloquence in me for something like this.

I owe Todd quite a bit. His example encouraged me to get off the downward spiral of slowly declining training standards that came with too long hours driving the desk for many years. The debates sparked here and on the range drove me to really understand the history and evolution of a number of techniques I and I am sure others had long taken for granted. In the end, it also encouraged me to get off the desk and back in the field where I belonged.

Shooting the KSTG when it launched was the first match competition I had attended in more than a decade. I still regret its discontinuation, and all the moreso without Todd there to guide it. The matches forced me to face some hard truths of my own shortcomings, and as a result changed my CONUS EDC and training cycles back to the same professional standard I expected of myself overseas. as the years have changed the domestic threat calculus I remain grateful for the wakeup call of measured performance.

Without Todd I might not have trained with Ernst, or with Craig. I would not know a batch of superior men (and a few awesome women) who provided their own examples of where one could and should be in one's measured competence.

I owe him also for discussions of mythology in the context of tradecraft. Would that we could on his behalf repeat the mission of the einherjar. But it is bittersweet that this tale he taught me tells us of the futility of such hopes, and asks us to make peace with accepting the legacy of the warrior as he lived and as he fell.

I was overseas when this was announced, and I had way too much time to think about it in transit while not able to comment. At the same time, the enforced silence has not made this post any easier. I regret deeply that the last time I saw him we had talked about grabbing lunch to catch up after some years time, but my pace of travel (and my own injury, entirely trival in comparison to the burden he carried) meant that this was put off for a future day that now cannot come; and for this I am the poorer in companionship.

There is never enough time, but while life may be short for us all the art is a discipline of long years. Todd gave of himself on behalf of many of us for quite many of these years, and for this and so many other things I say thank you.

Warren Wilson
03-25-2016, 11:48 AM
TCinVA just published a really nice piece about Todd:

http://www.gunnuts.net/2016/03/24/goodbye-todd/

Well struck.

David B.
03-28-2016, 01:56 AM
Knew Todd through the forums going back to the Beretta-L in 2000. I talked to him on the phone a few times, met him at SHOT show years ago, bought a Sig from him, benefited from his posts, blogs, and videos. Wish I could have attended a memorial service for him. I will think of him as my life continues on this earth and I do hope that I get to meet him again.

God bless,
David

MD7305
03-30-2016, 02:37 AM
My introduction to Todd came at the time that I was realizing that collecting pistols did not make you a shooter. His endurance tests caught my attention due to the detail he reported for round counts, problems, and lessons learned. Within those tests were reports on personal improvement with measurable standards and drills. Wow, a light bulb went off for me, you can track your performance! I learned what a timer was and started going to the range with an actual plan. At the time P-T and P-F came about I was admittedly a Todd fan boy, I know he'd probably think that was dumb but he was one of the first people that pointed me in the right direction and I could relate to him as a regular guy. In September 2011 I attended AFHF as my first legit training class. It made a huge impression on me. Todd's instruction was great, he seemed to know exactly what to tell me when I was having an issue. I took so many notes and commonly revert back to them even years later. After class concluded, a few of us stuck around for a couple hours to shoot a bit more. I fondly remember running head to head against Todd on the plate rack. He was shooting WHO while I was shooting standard strong side supported....and I was getting smoked. I enjoyed Todd's interaction on the forum. He quickly responded to PMs and was a big source of advice when my department was going through a pistol selection that I got voluntold to lead. I had an opportunity to see Todd again this past September at an Ernest Langdon class. It was quite a pleasant surprise to be in a class with Todd, SLG, and TC. Those are three guys, along with Ernest, that I could just listen to for hours and soak up their knowledge on all things shooting. Todd in my opinion was shooting great, especially for a guy going through the rigors of his illness. I had a chance to enjoy a meal after class, meet LL, and listen to hilarious stories told by Todd. I don't think I said much other than repeatedly laughing. I'm sure I'm rambling, I didn't know Todd as well as many of you did but I feel that he was a genuine, caring person. He made a huge impression on me in regards to my shooting performance and how I considered things like guns and gear. I will miss his interaction on P-F and his posts on P-T. As others have already said, I think the shooting community has suffered a tremendous loss.

RIP Todd

Drang
04-01-2016, 03:43 AM
Let's all watch Archer tonight for Todd. If you're like me and don't have cable/satellite you can catch it on Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01CXNQY8S) tomorrow.

ETA: Fuck. I just realized for all you guys in EST, it's not only already on, it's almost over. If you missed it, there's always Amazon/iTunes/etc.

I was at work, but HH6 recorded it for me.

voodoo_man
04-01-2016, 06:19 AM

Fuck Cancer.

SLG
04-02-2016, 08:59 PM
Todd's service was today. He was my best friend and the best training partner I could ever ask for. Few guys know as much about shooting and training as he did.

Josh Runkle
04-02-2016, 09:11 PM
Todd's service was today. He was my best friend and the best training partner I could ever ask for. Few guys know as much about shooting and training as he did.

You guys both always seemed to share how much you learned and grew from knowing each other. His absence has been very apparent, but his spirit lives in through the people like you who he affected. I'm very sorry for your loss.

LOKNLOD
04-02-2016, 09:38 PM
It's a tiny sliver of good news, but I noticed the Rampage total recently surpassed $25k. :cool:

MDS
04-02-2016, 09:56 PM
Sucks, dude. Condolences. To all of us. :(

TCinVA
04-02-2016, 10:21 PM
Like SLG said...Todd's memorial service was today. I think the reality of it is just starting to hit me. Something about crossing the threshold of a funeral home...

At his wife's request, I put together a little video of some of the comments people made after hearing the bad news. Included among them were a number of comments snipped out of this thread. Many that Kim singled out herself.

The things you guys said in this thread helped his family, especially those that didn't really understand what his job was all about, to really see what he did and how well he did it.

Thank you.

HRL
04-02-2016, 10:39 PM
So sorry for Todd's family and friends. I never got to meet him but he along with the community he helped create here has answered many questions I've had.along with providing my first excellent and free training opportunity.

As someone who is in biomedical research its impressive to see the amount of private research funds raised and I hope his legacy lives on not only in how he has affected the shooting/training industry but hopefully in fighting this disease as well.

Kyle Reese
04-03-2016, 09:35 AM
I'm still not ready. Seriously.

Me either.

LittleLebowski
04-03-2016, 09:54 AM
Yesterday, many of Staff/former Staff and SMEs attended Todd's funeral. It was a celebration of Todd as an individual and as a firearms professional. Afterwards, there was a luncheon in which many of your comments on here and FB were shown in a slideshow as many of them were gracious, touching, and thoughtful.

No, I don't have the slideshow but please know that everyone's comments were seen and appreciated by Todd's family.

Also, there was much leakage in the form of tears yesterday.

Mr Pink
04-03-2016, 10:03 AM
Todd's service was today. He was my best friend and the best training partner I could ever ask for. Few guys know as much about shooting and training as he did.I can only imagine how hard that was for you. You two were truly best friends. RIP Todd

DI1
04-03-2016, 10:50 AM
TC, that video was very touching and brought tears to the eyes of most people in the room.
We will all miss Todd greatly!

JMorse
04-04-2016, 12:37 AM
Just saw this. Sad to say I never had the chance to meet him, but for as long as I've been reading his wisdom I've always felt he was a true Gentleman, and a veritable sage. Much respect to you, sir.

My sincere condolences to his wife, family and friends. His reach spread far and wide, and for that I'm thankful for the time he spent teaching me and helping me grow.

Drang
04-05-2016, 02:56 PM
Can we get a link to Rampage For The Cure on the front page?

Drang
04-05-2016, 04:08 PM
There is already a link to rampageforthecure.org (http://rampageforthecure.org/) on every page -- the PF logo with TLG 1970–2016 RIP banner on it in the upper righthand corner of the page links to it.
That sound you just heard was my face hitting my palm...

Drang
04-18-2016, 01:20 PM
Tuned in to the Monday Archer Marathon on Comedy Network.

"Stage Two" is on right now.

And now "Placebo Effect".

GJM
04-23-2016, 01:22 PM
For a number of years, on Friday afternoon I would look forward to checking PT.com, to see what Todd had to stay this week. Almost every Friday, I still think of checking.

SecondsCount
04-23-2016, 01:59 PM
For a number of years, on Friday afternoon I would look forward to checking PT.com, to see what Todd had to stay this week. Almost every Friday, I still think of checking.
I checked yesterday.

Edwin
04-23-2016, 03:48 PM
What is going to happen with PT.com? Is there a plan or has anyone talked about it?

LOKNLOD
04-23-2016, 06:13 PM
Good to know. I linked a buddy over to one of Todd's articles just the other day.

I, too, frequently cycle across it as habitual bookmark surfing. :(

11B10
04-23-2016, 06:29 PM
PTC isn't going anywhere anytime soon since it's hosted on PF's servers. There still a ton of great, and timeless, info there. I have some ideas, but what ultimately happens will be up to Todd's wife (and to a lesser extent a few of his closest friends). It's extremely unlikely that it will just disappear.

Since I am a relative newbie here, I didn't want to seem pushy, but I've wanted to ask this ^^^ ever since Todd passed. Thanks so much!

11B10
05-01-2016, 10:27 AM

I have been unable to find the source (admittedly a pc doofus) for these bracelets. Where can I get them? Thanks in advance.

Dismas316
05-01-2016, 07:43 PM
A sent a couple hundred out to a few of Todd's friends and family members to distribute. I recently got another batch without the "fuck cancer" on the inside and I'm going to offer a portion of them for sale (with the proceeds going to RampageForTheCure.org). Expect that to happen in the next couple of weeks.

I assume you'll announce when you have them for sale?

11B10
05-01-2016, 07:52 PM
A sent a couple hundred out to a few of Todd's friends and family members to distribute. I recently got another batch without the "fuck cancer" on the inside and I'm going to offer a portion of them for sale (with the proceeds going to RampageForTheCure.org). Expect that to happen in the next couple of weeks.

You could have left the "fuck cancer" on mine - my Dad and at least 5 of my friends have died from it. Also, I just realized I didn't mention paying for it - my apologies for that! In the meantime: FUCK CANCER!

Mr Pink
05-02-2016, 05:03 PM
A sent a couple hundred out to a few of Todd's friends and family members to distribute. I recently got another batch without the "fuck cancer" on the inside and I'm going to offer a portion of them for sale (with the proceeds going to RampageForTheCure.org). Expect that to happen in the next couple of weeks.Thank you Tom!

SELFDEFENSE
05-05-2016, 10:15 PM
So sad to hear of his passing. I was under the impression he was beating it.
I learned so much from him at his monthly NRA Range sessions.
He certainly will be missed.

TCinVA
05-11-2016, 06:44 PM
https://youtu.be/mG37YRdmRRs

Irelander
05-12-2016, 07:45 AM
https://youtu.be/mG37YRdmRRs

Nicely done. Thank you for that.

Drang
06-13-2016, 07:49 PM
I apologize for how long this took, but these wristbands can now be purchased here:

http://taudevgroup.com/rampage/

ETA: FYI, the wristbands available for purchase lack the "fuck cancer" on the inside that the ones pictured in this thread have.
Arrived today:

breakingtime91
06-15-2016, 06:39 PM
3 months... I miss you, dude.

Never even met the guy and was sitting around today wishing I could pick his brain about the LEM and treating it the same as a DA/SA. What a loss we have suffered.

Casual Friday
06-17-2016, 07:44 PM
It's strange how a man you've never met in person can have such an impact on you. I exchanged pm's with him on a few occasions about various subjects, DA/SA, LEM, etc and he was always more than helpful, and I'm sure there was no shortage of people pm'ing him with all sorts of questions.

I don't know who has the access or the rights(whatever it's called) to pistol training dot com, but I sure hope it doesn't eventually go away. There's a ton of valuable info there that I still on a weekly basis go through and read.

Todd, we miss ya man. RIP.

StraitR
06-17-2016, 08:55 PM
Todd's wife owns pistol-training.com and it's hosted on the PF servers so it's not about to go anywhere soon.

Best news I've heard all week.

Casual Friday
06-17-2016, 09:20 PM
Todd's wife owns pistol-training.com and it's hosted on the PF servers so it's not about to go anywhere soon.

Fantastic, thanks for clarifying.

Paul Sharp
06-18-2016, 05:51 PM
I was scrolling through messages dating back to 2010, trying to find something Todd had sent me in PM regarding the M&P9. Little things like that, hard to explain but I'm positive the folks here get it.

NEPAKevin
06-22-2016, 12:57 PM
I think it says something how many threads started by Todd, the Obligatory Wristwatch, Archer, etc. are still going strong.

Ob1sbo
07-06-2016, 12:49 PM
Thanks for the fast shipping Tom!

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160706/e3be98e9050fbe38e84bc58964554993.jpg

Ob1sbo
07-06-2016, 07:02 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160707/bec93643dd54ef7ffa6f6270ebf8ea17.jpg
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160707/db7cf4131c09ce5ad6c82bae456c20ff.jpg

Luke
07-06-2016, 07:25 PM
Shirts for sale ?

Ob1sbo
07-06-2016, 07:47 PM
Shirts for sale ?

As much as I wanna be a cool guy with "one of the few" yes they are...http://shop.spreadshirt.com/p-tc/

Ob1sbo
07-07-2016, 12:34 PM
So I have been working on these during my free time for the last few months. Nothing to awesome but I enjoyed making them. I did 100% of the cosmetics. These are both 9mm (as per there base material)

https://youtu.be/v8fNy6hSh0c

https://youtu.be/NE5muUdp80k

Paul Sharp
07-10-2016, 12:17 AM
A couple years ago Todd and I had a conversation regarding the state of things, my everyday carry pistol, and some other things. It made me laugh a little today as I had this identical conversation with my brother due to the state of things, (once again), and his everyday carry pistol. I found myself recommending a G17 and it reminded me of endless debates with Todd.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160710/1e37fe31f5070d2958dbd3e15e395c0e.png

Rex G
07-22-2016, 01:22 AM
Rest in peace.

Ob1sbo
08-30-2016, 11:05 AM
Wore out the first one and now Im on to the second.
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160830/4098d4a126bdc6f4654b9eab26158731.jpg

rwb03
09-07-2016, 01:53 AM
I'm very late to express my condolences to Todd Green and his family, but I'd like to extend my condolences anyhow. I've read through pistol-training.com and pistol-forum.com for quite some time, and it helped my shooting abilities immensely, on many levels. I rarely posted on this site, as I could almost always find an answer to a question here, before asking it. Todd was on my short list of instructors, from whom I wanted to take a class. From what was spoken of him here, he seemed to truly care for the benefit and betterment of his students. I hope this specific community continues to grow in the direction Todd envisioned it.

On a final note, I know a few members have spoken of remembering Todd from various LISTSERV's, but this is where I first learned of Todd (I'm a 9mm guy, BTW): http://www.greent.com/40Page/ammo/357/357SIG-advoc.htm

-Robert

orionz06
09-07-2016, 07:41 AM
http://i.imgur.com/pvsNSFS.jpg

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using an owl

uechibear
09-16-2016, 11:01 AM
I think it says something how many threads started by Todd, the Obligatory Wristwatch, Archer, etc. are still going strong.

I never watched Archer before, but I found it on my cable service, so in honor of Todd I figured I'd give it a try. Archer is all I've watched for the last 3 nights. The poor trigger discipline always makes me think of Todd's excellent trigger discipline and how lucky I was to have been able to take a class from him.

Ob1sbo
09-22-2016, 07:29 AM
Happy Birthday, dude. Wish you were here.

[emoji482]

TCinVA
09-22-2016, 07:49 AM
Happy Birthday, dude. Wish you were here.

Indeed.

On Skynet Todd's father posted the following:

Today is Todd Louis Green 's birthday. He would have been 46 years old. Please help honor his memory with a donation to The Kidney Cancer Research Alliance (KCCure), a grassroots organization of patients, caregivers, doctors and medical researchers dedicated to curing kidney cancer through increased funding that accelerates research. You can donate here:

http://kccure.org/donate/

It would be kind of cool if KCCure got a flood of donations today all marked to honor Todd.

Anyone else willing to kick in the cost of a couple of boxes of ammo?

JAD
09-22-2016, 07:59 AM
Done.

alexdrake
12-03-2016, 07:15 AM
RIP Friend.

JM Campbell
03-04-2017, 02:37 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170304/b47d8d131303d6b33370c28fb31ad7ce.jpg

Out to lunch with some PF buddies.

Miss ya dude.

Fuck cancer.

SLG
03-15-2017, 06:14 AM
1 year...

Not a day has gone by where I haven't thought about you, Todd. I miss you, dude.

A new guy at work showed up to the range a few days ago, wearing an appendix holster. Never seen that before, so I asked him about it later in the day. He said he used to live in the DC area and read some stuff that this Todd Louis Green guy wrote on the internet about it. Never took a class from him, but had hoped to. It kinds of blew him away when I showed him my memorial bracelet.

My new favorite new guy.

karmapolice
03-15-2017, 11:16 AM
The positive changes, influences, and thought provoking knowledge he sought and spread will never go away. The vessel for such things will be varied but that's a good thing and a tribute to the profound impact he had.

God Speed Todd!! I'm indebted to you in so many ways and hope I have and continue to spread the awesomeness you were a conduit for in all those different ways.

SecondsCount
03-15-2017, 12:24 PM
A new guy at work showed up to the range a few days ago, wearing an appendix holster. Never seen that before, so I asked him about it later in the day. He said he used to live in the DC area and read some stuff that this Todd Louis Green guy wrote on the internet about it. Never took a class from him, but had hoped to. It kinds of blew him away when I showed him my memorial bracelet.

My new favorite new guy.

Todd was here in 2011 and my son, who was 13 at the time, was hanging around with me while I was a range officer for the event. Todd had a spare slot in his class, so he let him shoot some of the drills, and afterward they had fun on the plate rack.

A few days ago, my son now 19, related a story to me. He was in an airsoft store and started chatting with a guy that shoots 3-gun. During the conversation Todd's name came up and the guy was super jealous that my son had been able to shoot with him. Todd is still a cool dude in a lot of people's minds, including a 19 year old kid that has a great memory of a time when an excellent trainer took a moment to show him the ropes.

It's getting a little dusty in here...

Kyle Reese
03-15-2017, 01:34 PM
I can't believe it's been a year. I miss you, brother.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

SLG
03-15-2017, 06:58 PM
It was a couple of weeks ago now, but close enough. TLG would have appreciated this trip.

DI1
03-15-2017, 07:24 PM
I can't believe a year has gone by.
I think of Todd almost daily, there are times when I want to call him and share something funny that happened that day or talk about gear, guns, cars.

I miss you brother!

Lon
03-15-2017, 08:03 PM
I was in a gun shop a couple weeks ago wearing my P-T.com hat and one of the workers asked me if I had taken any of Todd's classes (unfortunately I was too late to the party). He'd taken one or two. Lucky bastard. One item on my bucket list that will unfortunately remain unchecked.

Corey
03-15-2017, 08:06 PM
An entire year already? I was lucky to get to take two classes from him, the second one was the 2011 class that Seconds Count mentions above. Still sad to think that I won't ever get that third class in with him. Even sadder to think of all the people that will never get to take their first class with him. Todd was a great guy who fought all the way to the end. I was cleaning out a closet and found a P-T hat from a class. I am going to wear it to the range Friday in his honor. Fuck cancer!

Dave Williams
03-15-2017, 08:20 PM
I was cleaning out a closet and found a P-T hat from a class. I am going to wear it to the range Friday in his honor. Fuck cancer!

My tan P-T was my favorite hat! Lost unfortunately.

Chipster
04-11-2017, 08:19 PM
My tan P-T was my favorite hat! Lost unfortunately.
PM me your address. I have several extra.

Lon
08-19-2017, 03:18 PM
I was typing P-F into the web browser a few minutes ago and the first of the auto fill options when I got to www.pisto was pistol-training.com. Had that "shit, I miss Todd's articles" moment when I saw it. I thought I remember hearing that someone may eventually take that over. Did I remember right?

Lon
08-19-2017, 03:39 PM
Thanks, Tom.

Casual Friday
12-29-2017, 07:07 PM
I have a misc gun items box out in my shop, holsters that didn't work, sights for guns I no longer own, etc. I was looking to see if I had an IWB holster for a G19 to give to a friend and I came across a notebook I used several years back to document my shooting and progression. I had written down some goals for myself and one was to take a class from Todd and attempt to earn a FAST coin. We miss ya Todd.

NerdAlert
03-04-2018, 07:00 PM
I didn’t know Todd personally. I found pistol-training.com from Caleb’s blog and I found that from a link from some other DERPy gun blog I’m sure. I was headed down the gunternet road of nutnfancy and Yeager. Reading here set me straight. Back when I started lurking Todd was still actively posting on the forum and his blog. I made it just in time to see his posting taper off due to illness.
I was talking to someone today about a gun derp instagram channel and their torture test of dragging a PPQ behind a truck, freezing it in ice and shooting it with a Glock to get it lose from the ice, then peeing on it to melt the rest. I was lamenting the fact that no one just shoots guns until they wear out and reports the results. I linked them to Todd’s g17 endurance test. That got me reading some old PTC posts. So I’m here again. I didn’t post when he died, because I didn’t know him personally and I wanted to give space for those to grieve who knew him best. You are missed Todd. The world is a little darker without you in it. PF is not the same with you gone. I hope Heaven’s got an armory full of pistols that never wear out.

gtmtnbiker98
03-04-2018, 08:53 PM
I miss ToddG and our email and telephone conversations. I especially miss hosting his classes and getting to enjoy his company on a yearly basis. Simply taken too young and it pisses me off.

LittleLebowski
03-15-2018, 05:21 AM
Two years... Not a day goes by that I don’t think of you or say “we” in reference to you and I. I miss you, Todd. I always will.

Failure2Stop
03-15-2018, 08:39 AM
Two years... Not a day goes by that I don’t think of you or say “we” in reference to you and I. I miss you, Todd. I always will.

Yeah, literally took the words out of my mouth.

DocGKR
03-15-2018, 10:52 AM
I frequently find myself thinking about a topic and want to to talk to Todd about it, then sadly realize I can't anymore...

vcdgrips
03-15-2018, 01:49 PM
I miss the many a Friday call when he was on the way to the range.

RIP My Friend.

RJ
03-15-2018, 06:36 PM
For my part, I only briefly recall his snarky comments on bookface going to and fro to the hospital (Hopkins?) a couple years ago. It never dawned on me how serious it was until he passed.

From time to time I read his articles on pistol-training and think, what a loss.

I’m not really one for fancy words, but what is the saying, you aren’t gone if they remember you.

DI1
03-15-2018, 08:27 PM
I frequently find myself thinking about a topic and want to to talk to Todd about it, then sadly realize I can't anymore...

My sentiments exactly!

Miss you Dude!

bootspur
03-27-2018, 10:29 AM
This is shocking to me, in the last year I have read ToddG's thoughts and opinions on firearms and watched his videos. Just yesterday I registered to become a Pistol-Forum.com member, (bootspur) and ToddG was the reason why I am here even though I have never met Mr. Green.

HCountyGuy
03-15-2019, 10:43 AM
3 years...

I’ve read back over some of Todd’s stuff periodically and end up wishing to read his thoughts on some of the current happenings in the gun world.

Duelist
03-15-2019, 10:51 AM
3 years...

I’ve read back over some of Todd’s stuff periodically and end up wishing to read his thoughts on some of the current happenings in the gun world.

Hard to believe it’s been that long.

Here’s to you, Todd.

SecondsCount
03-15-2019, 12:00 PM
3 years...

We have more choices in firearms, ammo, and other doodads than ever before but what I took away from Todd is to pick one gun and stick with it. Buy cases of ammo and shoot as often as possible to become proficient with the gun of choice. That recipe seems to work really well no matter what happens in the industry.

NEPAKevin
03-15-2019, 02:31 PM
More than a few times when I was reading the What-a-contrast (https://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?35553-What-a-contrast) thread, I had the "I con only imagine what Todd would have said here" thought crossed my mind.

karmapolice
03-15-2019, 05:31 PM
I still wish I could just tell Todd thank you in person, even just pm or over the phone. I have met some amazing people on this forum and also some have become some of my closest friends. I also have matured into a well rounded shooter and have hit the ground running as an instructor in part because of people and things learned from this forum. So thank you Todd and you are remembered!

psalms144.1
03-15-2019, 07:31 PM
Todd reached out to me back in the day when I was having a VERY bad day, and it showed in a post I made. Out of the blue, just PM'd to see if I was OK. I vented, he counseled, I felt better. Todd and I had "talked" through the internet a couple of dozen times over the years, but this interaction, which was triggered by my Mom's diagnosis of terminal lung cancer, will never leave my mind

fwrun
03-15-2019, 08:25 PM
Today I wore the Pistol-Trainihg hat he gave me. The guy changed my life. I hope his PT blog is retained indefinitely.

Savage Hands
03-15-2019, 11:09 PM
I just put my T&E Gadget on my old Gen 4 G19 I just bought back. The Glock may go down the road in the future but I keep that Gadget for sentimental reasons. Rest well TLG #fuckcancer (https://pistol-forum.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=fuckcancer)

1slow
03-15-2019, 11:48 PM
I benefitted from his class and am still benefitting from his legacy in the training community of which this forum is just one part, it is an important part though.

Kyle Reese
03-16-2019, 05:04 AM
I think of Todd every day, and miss his wisdom, counsel and friendship.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

DI1
03-16-2019, 04:58 PM
We’ve been running the FAST test at work all of March so far after quals.
I miss you Dude!

vcdgrips
03-16-2019, 08:55 PM
🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼

TCinVA
03-25-2019, 12:49 PM
I spent March 15th at the Tactical Conference...where Todd was remembered.

In his presentation on the evolution of firearms training, Tom Givens spent some time discussing Todd's contributions to firearms training:

uechibear
04-02-2019, 04:01 PM
I spent March 15th at the Tactical Conference...where Todd was remembered.

In his presentation on the evolution of firearms training, Tom Givens spent some time discussing Todd's contributions to firearms training

Kudos to Tom Givens for doing that. Todd has had a huge impact.

vcdgrips
04-02-2019, 04:28 PM
If you have not trained with Tom..do it. He is one of the only original "Old School" PhD's who is continually creating knowledge at the "University of Modern Weaponscraft."

backtrail540
05-12-2019, 09:22 PM
I'm one who never met Todd in person, but his writing and online interaction molded me as a shooter. I just spent the last hour or so re-reading through the SACS 1911 test. I miss writing like that. From his humor(misbegotten malcontents haha) to detailed analysis, performance tracking, and an ability to explain things so that they were incredibly easy to understand even just reading it in a blog post - I miss writing like that and the gun world is lacking a writer of that caliber. I also want an SME. I asked 5 shot on ig tonight and they said they can do one for the LTT so that is something I'm going to make happen. I also kind of want a 9mm 1911 haha.

It left me smiling and thankful that I was around when the posts were coming in weekly and to have the fortune to be influenced by such a man, even if just through the internet.

Thanks dude

HCountyGuy
03-15-2020, 08:20 PM
4 years....4 damn years

I went and read through his bookface page for shits and giggles. That made me really wish I could’ve hung out with or taken a class from him, more than before anyway.

RIP TLG.

DI1
03-15-2020, 09:00 PM
Can’t believe it’s been 4 years!
Miss you all the time Dude!

Kyle Reese
03-15-2020, 09:06 PM
I can’t believe that it’s been four long years without you, dude. There’s not a day that passes that you’re not in my thoughts, and your wisdom, counsel and friendship directly contributed to the man that I am today.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DocGKR
03-15-2020, 09:48 PM
Indeed--I think about ToddG every day and wish he was here to bounce around ideas, as he was a very intelligent and capable gentleman.

TCinVA
03-15-2021, 11:21 AM
It's hard to believe it has been six years.

LittleLebowski
05-15-2022, 12:55 PM
RIP, friend.