PDA

View Full Version : Iowa members/shooters

JWILL
03-13-2016, 12:30 PM
I'm an Iowa member and looking for any other Iowa members that use public free ranges. Specifically any in western Iowa. The issue infound this weekend when I went to a local DNR provided free range is the trash. People throw out all their ammo boxes and trash on the ground it gets carried into the brush and trees surrounding the area. Also is downrange trash issue where targets of a garbage nature are left and not disposed of(air conditioners,TVs and such).

My solution is to get some local Iowa shooters together to bring a few boxes of trash bags and our time and go out there and clean up the range. It's one of the few totally free ranges around and it won't stay that way if it's not keptnclean by us the users. The DNR has put benches for benchrest shooting there and a permanent clay thrower a well. I'd hate to have to pay to use this site because it was trashed. If you're an Iowa member spread the word and get this info out to your local groups of shooters. The range is Bay's Branch between Panora and Yale.