PDA

View Full Version : HK P9 M8 concept gun

ffhounddog
03-13-2016, 08:53 AM
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2016/03/11/potd-unofficial-concept-gun-hk-p9-m8/

Intrsting concept and would it bring out more mags for P7 gun holders? I do not know but I have always liked the P7.

Seems like this is not a Real HK concept put I could be wrong.

LSP972
03-13-2016, 11:52 AM
Seems like this is not a Real HK concept put I could be wrong.

You're not. The Mathew guy stated that it was his creation. And he did a pretty good job, too, IMO.

I would be very surprised if HK was going in this direction… but you never know. I would certainly be interested in this; but I would not buy one until somebody I trusted (i.e., NOT some hack "gunwriter") had the skinny on it.

Word has it that HK, realizing they are lacking a single-stack concealable pistol (and finally recognizing that the US civilian market is an un-tapped gold mine), has been working on one for the past two years. Sadly, it is supposedly a .380 (strongly reminiscent of the HK4), and furthermore does not meet the bullshit "point allocation" our illustrious watchdogs at ATF require for a new import. This is all hearsay, mind you, from a supposedly inside source that I have no reason to doubt… but I lost interest when told it was a .380, so I haven't pursued any further information.

HK is in deep, dire financial difficulty, so there's no telling what they will be making- or not making- in the future… near or long term.

Jim Watson
03-13-2016, 02:13 PM
I had a P7 and could not get along with the squeeze cocker unless that was all I was shooting.
But the gas retardation worked fine, I did not shoot fast enough or long enough to be bothered by frame heating.
I would take interest in the concept if the Tricky Trigger was at the top of the heap.

Dagga Boy
03-14-2016, 08:04 PM
Well.....we know I would be on that like a fat kid on cake.

1986s4
03-14-2016, 09:43 PM
Dear HK,
I would get one and a lot of magazines.
Sincerely,
1986s4

Poconnor
03-15-2016, 06:56 AM
If it used 9mm P7m8 mags I would buy three at Vp9 prices.

NCmtnman
03-15-2016, 07:44 AM
I would buy that. Like, yesterday would have bought that.

Hambo
03-15-2016, 07:48 AM
Word has it that HK, realizing they are lacking a single-stack concealable pistol (and finally recognizing that the US civilian market is an un-tapped gold mine), has been working on one for the past two years. Sadly, it is supposedly a .380 (strongly reminiscent of the HK4), and furthermore does not meet the bullshit "point allocation" our illustrious watchdogs at ATF require for a new import. This is all hearsay, mind you, from a supposedly inside source that I have no reason to doubt… but I lost interest when told it was a .380, so I haven't pursued any further information.

The problem with Ze Germans is that they always know what you need, or at least they think they do. S&W is selling retro revolvers for big bucks, so Ze Germans could take the easy route and make a big run of P7s and magazines. But they won't because: Deutschland über alles.

Polecat
03-15-2016, 08:33 AM
Love the concept. Hopefully they just wouldn't put a P7 mag in it. That gun was made almost 30 years ago and nowadays many double stacks are as thin and lighter in weight. We don't another run of P7's just let 'm go. What we need is a bunch of fresh stuff from HK.

TAZ
03-15-2016, 05:18 PM
So a single stack or narrow stagger version of the VP9 with some retro aesthetics. I could go for that as a CCW. Give me 10 RDS capacity and I'd be on that like white or rice. Heck give me 8 and I'll still buy it.

Hambo
03-16-2016, 01:23 PM
We don't another run of P7's just let 'm go. What we need is a bunch of fresh stuff from HK.

I have, and I really don't need anything from HK. The best part of P7s was the squeeze cocker/slide release. P7M13 reloads are fast, real fast.

guymontag
03-16-2016, 02:32 PM
I'd buy it.

I find it disheartening that HK doesn't sell a pistol I want or need. Otherwise I would have lots of them. :(

Dagga Boy
03-16-2016, 02:47 PM
I have, and I really don't need anything from HK. The best part of P7s was the squeeze cocker/slide release. P7M13 reloads are fast, real fast.

That, and the slide height. For all those that scream about how high HK slides are over the bore....there is the P7 which is about as low as you can get. They have a very unique recoil impulse unlike much of anything else.

Stephanie B
03-16-2016, 03:11 PM
I'd buy it.

I find it disheartening that HK doesn't sell a pistol I want or need. Otherwise I would have lots of them. :(Your wallet should be thanking HK. ;)

Buckshot
03-16-2016, 10:24 PM
I think the P7M8 was the best handling 9mm I've ever shot. Like a recoilless laser pistol! Hated the M10 & M13 though - felt like trying to point a 2X4. If there was a P7M8-like pistol with a striker type manual of arms, I'd toss my Shield in Lake Dallas in a heartbeat!

DMF13
03-16-2016, 10:46 PM
Interesting idea, but if HK were to revisit the P7 in any way, I'd like to see a modern P7M13, with the squeeze cocker.

I never understood the love for the P7 design until I had the chance to shoot one. I loved shooting it, and after trying it out thought the squeeze cock was a stroke of brilliance. Very safe, reliable, and a good trigger pull. Unfortunately I experienced the design after they went out of production, and prices shot up dramatically. Even if I could find one now at a reasonable price I'm leery of buying a gun for which the supply of parts and mags might dry up.

Talionis
03-16-2016, 11:11 PM
I liked my P7M8.
Except for when I shot it - it couldn't go for more than about 3 magazines without starting to burn me.
Except for all the parts it broke - rendering it either inoperable or extremely unsafe.
Except for when I carried it concealed - super short barrel and heavy grip made it suck for IWB, especially AIWB; and the squeeze cocker forced it to sit extremely high over the belt line if you wanted a full firing grip on the gun.

I sold it. Now I have plastic HK's that I can shoot the piss out of, don't break, and carry extremely well.

Talionis
03-16-2016, 11:15 PM
And did I mention that the grip was as thick as modern polymer double stack guns, and the magazine angle was different from the angle of the grip, and the mag well tended to make a stock 1911 mag well seem forgiving?