PDA

View Full Version : Gave in and bought a Glock.

TCz
10-15-2011, 12:49 AM
Used gen 2 G17. $350 otd w/ 2 mags. Not a steal by any means, but OK.

Currently carrying CZ-82 AIWB (was carrying there before I ever found p-t.com, it's actually what brought me here). I like it, but it has served its purpose of an inexpensive, reliable, quality gun to carry for a college student with no great surplus of cash. Still in school, but I have much more stable finances now. Anyway, I wanted something more mainstream that I can actually find holsters for and shoots a cartridge with decent defensive loadings available. Should be ordering a C&D Pardus for it soon, though I likely won't carry it much until I can get a gadget. So... Todd, if you're looking for beta testers...

I would like the Gadget please... and the lettuce. And the lettuce!
http://image.com.com/tv/images/processed/default/bb/c8/342605.jpg

F-Trooper05
10-15-2011, 05:23 AM
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e59/ufntool/pics-or-it-didnt-happen.jpg

JHC
10-15-2011, 04:12 PM
ROFL!!!!

A Glocksa Glocksa Glock. ;) $350 is not bad.

Dropkick
10-16-2011, 01:51 PM
One of us... One of us... One of us...

Nephrology
10-16-2011, 07:25 PM
well done, the Glock 17 is a quintessential firearm. Try to add a G19 to your stable sometime in the next year or two as finances permit, you won't regret it.

Tamara
10-17-2011, 06:44 PM
Used gen 2 G17. $350 otd w/ 2 mags. Not a steal by any means, but OK.
The only ones I've seen for much less than four bills retail lately have been some pretty manky-looking po-po trade-ins with only one mag and no box or docs. I'd say $350 is a right decent price these days.

gtmtnbiker98
10-17-2011, 09:11 PM
My condolences.

ToddG
10-17-2011, 09:13 PM
My condolences.

Awesome.

TCz
10-17-2011, 10:15 PM
Thank y'all for the kind words! Here's a few photos. I never knew the older Glock's actually came in what appear to be tactical tupperware boxes, thought it was just a figure of speech... go figure. Came with night sights, but they're long dead now. Anybody know if Trijicon will replace just the lamps?
I also got a Grip Force adapter and will install it tonight.

Now I just need:
Extra mags
Holster
Advantage Arms .22 Kit
New sights
Vickers Slide stop and Mag catch

http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g385/TCz11/IMG_1380.jpg
http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g385/TCz11/IMG_1383.jpg
http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g385/TCz11/IMG_1398.jpg
http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g385/TCz11/IMG_1387.jpg

Tamara
10-18-2011, 05:18 AM
Thank y'all for the kind words! Here's a few photos. I never knew the older Glock's actually came in what appear to be tactical tupperware boxes, thought it was just a figure of speech... go figure.
Now there's an odd generation gap. "Y'see, kid, when I was your age, I had to walk to school uphill both ways, and Glocks came in stackable tupperware-lookin' boxes! And nickels had pictures of bees on 'em!"

Came with night sights, but they're long dead now. Anybody know if Trijicon will replace just the lamps?
By the time you've got done doing that, it would have been just as cheap and a lot quicker to have your local gun monkey push a new set of Meps on the gun.

TNWNGR
10-18-2011, 06:24 AM
Trijicon will replace the NS inserts at a decent price but you have to send them the pistol, you might be able to get by with just the slide. FWIW I fully agree with Tamara on this one, just replace thecomplete NS. Also, the grip condom in the box need's to go out the door IMMO, those thing's are a pain in the rear and will cause you problems.

Al T.
10-18-2011, 09:05 AM
Now I just need:
Several cases of ammo
Good class to see what else I need
Extra mags
Holster

I'd like:
Advantage Arms .22 Kit
New sights

My thoughts on needs versus likes. :)

A very cost efficient solution to the sights being dead would be to simply replace only the front sight. I find the rear sight to be of little use during a low light environment.

TNWNGR
10-18-2011, 09:25 AM
Now I just need:
[B][U]Several cases of ammo
Extra mags
Holster

All of those and a desire to learn will turn you into a fantastic shooter.

TCz
10-18-2011, 09:43 AM
By the time you've got done doing that, it would have been just as cheap and a lot quicker to have your local gun monkey push a new set of Meps on the gun

Yeah, and since I am one of the local gun monkeys, that won't be difficult...

Also, the grip condom in the box need's to go out the door IMMO, those thing's are a pain in the rear and will cause you problems.

Agreed. It came off the gun before I even brought it home. It's wearing a GFA now.

Now I just need:
Several cases of ammo
Extra mags
Holster

I'd like:
Advantage Arms .22 Kit
New sights

I agree on the likes vs needs, though my original list was in priority order.
I've got the ammo covered; I reload.
The class suggestion (order?) is well taken. I normally shoot with several of the local instructors, but it's not the same as actually taking a class. Todd, do you have any plans to come back to College Station any time soon?
I like your idea about just replacing the front sight as well.

Tamara
10-18-2011, 09:46 AM
Yeah, and since I am one of the local gun monkeys, that won't be difficult...

See? You save on labor that way! :)

(Note To Self: Now that I've switched to toting the M&P, maybe I should get a sight pusher...)

ToddG
10-18-2011, 10:34 AM
\Todd, do you have any plans to come back to College Station any time soon?

Working out the dates now, but I'd say there's a good chance I'll be there at least once in the Spring and possibly again later in the year.

TCz
10-18-2011, 10:37 AM
Most excellent.

http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=7097&d=1311744368

TNWNGR
10-18-2011, 12:20 PM
See? You save on labor that way! :)

(Note To Self: Now that I've switched to toting the M&P, maybe I should get a sight pusher...)

While a sight pusher is a handly tool to have I prefer a padded vise and a careful hand...Yes, I'm old school and was taught how to install and remove dovetail sights and such w/o specialized tool's.

JV_
10-18-2011, 12:30 PM
While a sight pusher is a handly tool to have I prefer a padded vise and a careful hand...Yes, I'm old school and was taught how to install and remove dovetail sights and such w/o specialized tool's.

While I appreciate the simplicity and cheapness of the vise and delrin punch, I prefer to make adjustments on the range so another trip isn't needed to confirm zero.

TNWNGR
10-18-2011, 12:57 PM
While I appreciate the simplicity and cheapness of the vise and delrin punch, I prefer to make adjustments on the range so another trip isn't needed to confirm zero.

Agreed. I've used either a pin punch or sharpie for years and to date only had to move my sights once.

JV_
10-18-2011, 01:05 PM
Agreed. I've used either a pin punch or sharpie for years and to date only had to move my sights once.For non M&P guns, it's usually a set it and forget it type of job.

I found myself messing with my M&P rear very frequently: cleaning the striker block (plunger) channel, installing an apex kit, or dealing with an out of spec dovetail.

JHC
10-18-2011, 03:29 PM

Right. Install with the vice. Adjustments at the range - lay it on the bench and give it a rap.

JV_
10-18-2011, 03:51 PM
lay it on the bench and give it a rap.No thanks.

JHC
10-18-2011, 06:32 PM
Not randomly mind you. Very focused. I mean I use a punch. ;)