PDA

View Full Version : In search of training, Louisiana or SE Texas

Crews
03-05-2016, 10:16 AM
I live in Lafayette, La. Able to travel anywhere in south Louisiana, and over to Houston pretty easily.

I have been carrying concealed for quite a while now, and do plenty of informal personal training. Very familiar with basic firearms stuff. It's time to get some formal pistol training. Reloads, malfunction drills, personal training methods, trigger control and accuracy... That kind of stuff.

Does the PF brain trust have some good recommendations for good instructors and courses in my neighborhood?

Furthermore, should I be willing to travel? I am willing to do so if my return on investment is way higher by traveling to a specific class somewhere else in the country.

Sadmin
03-05-2016, 10:54 AM
I live in Lafayette, La. Able to travel anywhere in south Louisiana, and over to Houston pretty easily.

I have been carrying concealed for quite a while now, and do plenty of informal personal training. Very familiar with basic firearms stuff. It's time to get some formal pistol training. Reloads, malfunction drills, personal training methods, trigger control and accuracy... That kind of stuff.

Does the PF brain trust have some good recommendations for good instructors and courses in my neighborhood?

Furthermore, should I be willing to travel? I am willing to do so if my return on investment is way higher by traveling to a specific class somewhere else in the country.

hardwired tactical- dfw

Trident concepts

csat - nac

Nolatac

Spring guns and ammo - Aaron Roberts

Fast762

okie john
03-05-2016, 11:48 AM
Check the Alias site. On my first search, I found a class with Pat McNamara, Larry Vickers, and Mike Pannone in Covington, LA in September 2016.

http://aliastraining.com/patmcnamara.aspx

I'd be on that like white on rice if I were you.

Okie John

Crews
03-05-2016, 12:34 PM
Wowza, yeah, that'll probably work! I registered for it.

Do you think I would be wasting everyone's time or slowing the class up as a guy who has never had any other kind of formal training? Like I said... I've been carrying daily for the past 5-6 years, and shoot often. Just don't do drills and stuff like you guys are always talking about. Would it be a good idea to take a basic course in preparation?

Chance
03-05-2016, 12:42 PM
Definitely check out Paul Howe at CSAT in Nacogdoches. Don't worry about being "that guy": we're all that guy at some point. Just make sure you can safely holster and draw your pistol, and you'll be fine.

HCM
03-05-2016, 05:47 PM
Frank Proctor - Way of The Gun is based in Estaboga, AL.

http://www.wayofthegun.us/training-schedule/

Paladin
03-05-2016, 06:32 PM
DB and Wayne are both excellent instructors and own Hard Wired Tactical and I cannot recommend them enough! If you want to spend your hard earned money and receive some of the best training in the market check them out.
Rick