PDA

View Full Version : New JM Custom Kydex AIWB Holster

23JAZ
03-02-2016, 09:26 AM
I’ve been using the original version of the JMCK AIWB holster for about a year now. That holster is in my opinion the best AIWB holster on the market however I always felt the only drawback to it was the bulge it causes at the belt line. I know the “George” is supposed to address that issue but without the wedge I feared the grip of my G19 would print. After trying a different holster with a wing design I was left very unimpressed. This was due to the fact that holster was not a dedicated AIWB holster, it came down to the old jack of all trades, master of none adage.

Not wanting to settle I contacted Tony at JMCK. We spoke for a bit and he told me he had been kicking around a holster design that he thought would be a perfect fit. Being familiar with the quality of his work and his customer service I gave him the go ahead. About 9 weeks later I got this gem in the mail.

The holster is thinner than his original AIWB holster because there is no wedge. The wing tucks the grip in my opinion better than the original and the wider profile adds stability. At first I was concerned about the wing breaking however Tony assured me that the thickness of the material he uses and his design would mitigate that from happening. The holster is adjustable for ride height so you can definitely get a master grip during your draw without scraping your knuckles across the top of your belt and it came with a foam wedge which helps tilt the pistol up into your body. All that combined with the wing and this holster makes my G19 completely disappear under everything from a Polo shirt to a t-shirt.

I’ve been wearing the holster all day, every day since I received it. This included a 4 hour drive and several days running around after the kids. I feel like this holster is just as comfortable as the original AIWB and conceals better, combined with Tony’s outstanding AIWB SPMP I can carry a Glock 19 and 31 rounds comfortably and very discreetly. I haven’t had the opportunity to get out to the range with it but from my dry fire exercises it feels just as fast as the original AIWB holster.

Tony hit it out of the park with this one!

EVP
03-02-2016, 09:50 AM
Nice I have been thinking about asking Tony about something like this.

Looks like another order shall have to be placed!

Luke
03-02-2016, 10:13 AM
Dude that is awesome. I have a 5shot on loan from a very generous member and it conceals so much better for me than my JM. I think this is what I need!!! Is he gonna sell more of them?

23JAZ
03-02-2016, 11:02 AM
Dude that is awesome. I have a 5shot on loan from a very generous member and it conceals so much better for me than my JM. I think this is what I need!!! Is he gonna sell more of them?
Yes just call him up and ask for the wing he made for Jay.

NCmtnman
03-02-2016, 11:18 AM
Do you attach a foam wedge where the velcro is? Looks good and I'm glad to see this as an option from him. The butt of the weapon has always been my issue.

23JAZ
03-02-2016, 11:33 AM
Do you attach a foam wedge where the velcro is? Looks good and I'm glad to see this as an option from him. The butt of the weapon has always been my issue.
Yes the foam goes right over where the Velcro is on the holster.

Colt191145lover
03-02-2016, 11:42 AM
Very interesting , I have yet been able to find a AIWB holster that I can conceal a glock with .

Holmes375
03-02-2016, 12:52 PM
An interesting design. I hope he decides to offer this holster for order.

Perhaps it would be called "the Jay"? ;)

Cookie Monster
03-02-2016, 12:56 PM
I am in when this becomes available. Been using 5 different AIWB holsters with nothing being quite right.

23JAZ
03-02-2016, 01:05 PM
An interesting design. I hope he decides to offer this holster for order.

Perhaps it would be called "the Jay"? ;)

I already threw "the Jay Wing" out there for Tony to consider. :cool:

OnionsAndDragons
03-02-2016, 01:14 PM
The Jay Wing is a great name.

Do you know what thickness kydex was used on the holster body itself?

I'm guessing 0.093, if he's that confident in the integrity of the wing mounting point. Keep an eye on that area for stress marks. You don't want it breaking unexpectedly. Though I'm sure if it starts to develop any issues Tony will square it away for you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

StraitR
03-02-2016, 02:34 PM
Certainly conceals well. Add in your comfort and I'd say it's a resounding success. Looks good. Bravo Zulu Tony.

23JAZ
03-02-2016, 02:52 PM
The Jay Wing is a great name.

Do you know what thickness kydex was used on the holster body itself?

I'm guessing 0.093, if he's that confident in the integrity of the wing mounting point. Keep an eye on that area for stress marks. You don't want it breaking unexpectedly. Though I'm sure if it starts to develop any issues Tony will square it away for you.

Yes he used the 0.093" and that was actually the reason I had Tony create it. His customer service is next to none so I'm confident he will take care of anything that comes up materials wise. But I doubt I will have any problems.

camsdaddy
03-02-2016, 03:30 PM
This looks like the exact holster I have spent I don't have a clue how much money trying to find.

Irelander
03-02-2016, 04:09 PM
Does the "front" and "back" of the holster being connected at the wing make retention adjustments difficult?

I too am working with a wing type holster from a different maker and it is so-so to me. I'd be interested in trying this holster from Tony as I gather it is leaps and bounds better than the one I have.

23JAZ
03-02-2016, 04:53 PM
Does the "front" and "back" of the holster being connected at the wing make retention adjustments difficult?

I too am working with a wing type holster from a different maker and it is so-so to me. I'd be interested in trying this holster from Tony as I gather it is leaps and bounds better than the one I have.
Retention adjust very simply. Just a turn of the screw.

Tony Mayer
03-02-2016, 05:44 PM
Hey guys, we are busy as hell moving into a bigger shop and keeping up with orders, but email me order questions and I can answer them as I get them. Yes, it's .093 kydex, the claw/wing/ whatever I am gonna call it is made from1/4" thick (i think its .250 thick kydex) and it has rubber spacers between it and the holster to absorb the shock and stress,.

Jay, thanks for the right up.

Crews
03-02-2016, 05:56 PM
I have been carrying the old (fantastic) design almost every day for the last couple years, and was just about to pull the trigger on a new one with foam wedge, without extra tuck. Glad I saw this!

Kennydale
03-02-2016, 06:41 PM
The person who made my AIWB for my G17 incorporates a Kydex wedge. It really makes my G17 disappear. I am not a small guy 5'6"@250# He is on Hiatus . Eventually I'd like one for my G19, I'll certainly keep the GEORGE in mind

http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/members/kennydale-albums-glock-picture122641-bigfoot-g17-b.jpg
http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/members/kennydale-albums-glock-picture113375-gladius-5b.jpg
http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/members/kennydale-albums-glock-picture113376-gladius-4b.jpg
http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/members/kennydale-albums-glock-picture116836-gladius-g17a.jpg

Shorikid
03-03-2016, 01:29 PM
And things like this are why I stay broke. Every "winged" holster I had seen ran a single clip or loop and I am finding that I don't like the way that let's the pistol shift around. The inconsistencies in draw drive me crazy. If/when that becomes generally available, I may have to order one. Have a George on the way...but I do have another pistol.

xmanhockey7
03-03-2016, 02:01 PM
Looks awesome. I may have to order one at least for a full size 1911. Tony is a holster genius.

Sasage
03-03-2016, 05:44 PM
If I didn't have a Phlster already with a RCS claw, I would be all over that.

Crews
03-05-2016, 10:54 AM
Ordered one for a P226 yesterday, looking forward to trying it out!

TAZ
03-08-2016, 11:10 PM
This looks promising. Looks like combining a foam wedge and the wing might make tucking a VP9 away work better than just a kydex wedge.

BobLoblaw
03-10-2016, 08:29 AM
This looks promising. Looks like combining a foam wedge and the wing might make tucking a VP9 away work better than just a kydex wedge.

I have a JMCK George with the foam wedge for my VP9. Love it. I'm not skinny by any means but it still conceals very well and is incredibly comfortable even without the wing. By far my favorite JMCK holster and I own more than a couple. It is my preference for both comfort and concealment over my G19 George or my G17 JMCK AIWB. That wing should work well to combat the blocky shapes of the Glocks (especially for us un-blocky-shaped people).

GRV
03-10-2016, 09:50 AM
Great, another awesome holster I have to spend money on :rolleyes:

How does the wing tuck compare to the SME, JRC AIWB-CDA-II, and Eidolon?

23JAZ
03-10-2016, 12:43 PM
Great, another awesome holster I have to spend money on :rolleyes:

How does the wing tuck compare to the SME, JRC AIWB-CDA-II, and Eidolon?
The only ones I've compared it against are the Gestalt and the original JMCK AIWB and IMO it beats both of them hands down in concealing and comfort.

Luke
03-10-2016, 01:01 PM
Does it push it in so much that it slows your draw? I have a JM extra tuck and it's insanely fast, but it does on I think ever so slightly. I am trying a SME right now that a member was nice enough to loan me, and it conceals so much better but my draw sucks badly.
I'm fixing to order from tony and I'm thinking about going this route, but the gun model isn't that popular for CC so it might be hard to re sell, don't want to get stuck with a $100 holster I can't use.

23JAZ
03-10-2016, 01:39 PM
Does it push it in so much that it slows your draw? I have a JM extra tuck and it's insanely fast, but it does on I think ever so slightly. I am trying a SME right now that a member was nice enough to loan me, and it conceals so much better but my draw sucks badly.
I'm fixing to order from tony and I'm thinking about going this route, but the gun model isn't that popular for CC so it might be hard to re sell, don't want to get stuck with a $100 holster I can't use.

I don't feel the foam wedge has slowed down my draw at all. In fact it is so much thinner than the original version I don't have to use as thick of a wedge.

TAZ
03-10-2016, 08:54 PM
I have a JMCK George with the foam wedge for my VP9. Love it. I'm not skinny by any means but it still conceals very well and is incredibly comfortable even without the wing. By far my favorite JMCK holster and I own more than a couple. It is my preference for both comfort and concealment over my G19 George or my G17 JMCK AIWB. That wing should work well to combat the blocky shapes of the Glocks (especially for us un-blocky-shaped people).

Good to know. Im definitely in the un-blocky shaped group. Sounds like I am about to spend some more $$.

23JAZ
03-18-2016, 07:19 PM
I finally got to the range. The wing is just as fast as the original JMCK AIWB holster. Funny thing was I wanted to run a truly cold FAST so I didn't touch my Glock or my reload mag at all after I put them on in the morning. I played with the kids, drove to the range, and checked in, without doing so much as adjusting my pants. So I get to the firing line wait for a cease fire and go out to set my targets. I come back across the line and as soon as I hear clear to fire, bam I draw. I got all my hits so as I'm standing there thinking about what I did and the range officer comes up and says, "damn were the hell you hidin that thing, I thought you were just standing there checking your target placement before you took your gear out of your bag!"

So yeah the holster conceals good, and Tony should be getting an email from a certain range officer soon. :)

Tony Mayer
03-18-2016, 09:17 PM
Nice!! I like it.

Tony Mayer
03-18-2016, 09:23 PM
Guys n Gals, just to let you know, the production version of these will be using the Raven claw (the little one that comes with the Eidolon) everything else will be the same as the Jay23 holster. On another topic, I am having some website/IT problems with the person that does that work for me, if anyone hears/knows of someone who knows Miva Merchant, PM me if interested. Thanks

23JAZ
03-18-2016, 09:51 PM
Tony, I just emailed my IT guy from work. I'll let you know if he does or if he knows someone that does.

GRV
03-18-2016, 09:59 PM
Guys n Gals, just to let you know, the production version of these will be using the Raven claw (the little one that comes with the Eidolon) everything else will be the same as the Jay23 holster. On another topic, I am having some website/IT problems with the person that does that work for me, if anyone hears/knows of someone who knows Miva Merchant, PM me if interested. Thanks

Curious, what motivated the decision to go with the Eidolon claw?

Does it provide more wedge effect than the Eidolon plus claw?

Tony Mayer
03-19-2016, 12:12 PM

dove, the decision to go with the Raven claw was that its pre made and very strong and now sold to the public, so I won't have to make the claw out of 1/4" kydex. I can't say how mine compares to the Eidolon, I don't have one. Thanks

Sam
03-28-2016, 03:40 PM
Are these ready to be ordered?

OnionsAndDragons
03-28-2016, 04:31 PM

IM parts are more stress tolerant than kydex. Also, it probably costs Tony more $$ in his time to make them than to buy a batch of the RCS bits.

I'd bet dollars to doughnuts that his rig pulls in a bit better than the Eidolon, as it looks to have both a wedge and a claw.

Tony Mayer
03-28-2016, 05:00 PM
Are these ready to be ordered?

Sam, they are not up on the site yet, but you can email me the specs and I can quote it with how to pay. Thanks

BJJ
04-04-2016, 01:03 PM
Jay23,

Thanks for starting this thread. I have ordered the holster and an AIWB mag pouch and am excited to see if it will work for me as well as it has for you.

23JAZ
04-10-2016, 12:59 PM
Jay23,

Thanks for starting this thread. I have ordered the holster and an AIWB mag pouch and am excited to see if it will work for me as well as it has for you.
No problem. It's a great holster. With that combo I can finally carry my G19 and a reload and not have to worry about what I'm going to wear so I don't print. It's awesome.

JCS
04-10-2016, 01:10 PM
Interesting. I just ordered a regular one for a 19. The claw is becoming popular.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tony Mayer
05-24-2016, 10:09 AM
8119 This new design is up on the website. jmcustomkydex.com

davisj
05-24-2016, 02:51 PM
Tony, odds of this being an in stock item for G19s?

Tony Mayer
05-24-2016, 03:48 PM
Tony, odds of this being an in stock item for G19s?

Probably pretty good, within next 2 weeks I think. Thanks

Crews
05-24-2016, 04:39 PM
I just got one of these last week. I have been carrying a P30 in one of the old style with extra tuck for a number of years now, and have always really liked it. I can say that this new style just as effective at hiding a larger gun, with less bulk at the belt line.

Personally, I found that the new foam wedge was not nearly as comfortable as the old extra tuck style that I'm used to, so I will stick with the old style. Maybe the claw plus extra tuck is the ticket for my weird self.

BobLoblaw
05-24-2016, 07:52 PM
I just got one of these last week. I have been carrying a P30 in one of the old style with extra tuck for a number of years now, and have always really liked it. I can say that this new style just as effective at hiding a larger gun, with less bulk at the belt line.

Personally, I found that the new foam wedge was not nearly as comfortable as the old extra tuck style that I'm used to, so I will stick with the old style. Maybe the claw plus extra tuck is the ticket for my weird self.

Trim the foam down so it's not as thick.

ETA: PM sent

Tony Mayer
05-24-2016, 08:35 PM

Crews, try trimming the wedge down, cut small with a good serrated blade. That may help. In the end, everyone is different and you like what you like, the extra tuck is bomb proof.

JCS
05-24-2016, 08:55 PM
Awesome!!!!

CS Tactical
05-25-2016, 03:55 PM
This new design is up on the website. jmcustomkydex.com

When I saw the pictures on the site...

https://cdn.meme.am/instances/400x/32700184.jpg

Tony Mayer
05-25-2016, 06:28 PM
They are a little smaller than the others, will see what I can do. :)

Tony Mayer
05-26-2016, 09:48 AM
Fixed, no more pics for ants! :cool:

Crews
05-26-2016, 03:41 PM
Crews, try trimming the wedge down, cut small with a good serrated blade. That may help. In the end, everyone is different and you like what you like, the extra tuck is bomb proof.

No worries, I passed it on to a LEO buddy of mine who does a good bit of undercover work, and he loves it. Should be getting orders from some of his coworkers soon!

Tony Mayer
05-26-2016, 07:20 PM
No worries, I passed it on to a LEO buddy of mine who does a good bit of undercover work, and he loves it. Should be getting orders from some of his coworkers soon!

Awesome !!! Thanks

bornandraisedlv
05-27-2016, 10:28 AM
Ordered the new claw version for my p30sk today! And the wait begins. Luckily my second child will be born between now and then so that will eat up most of my attention :)

karmapolice
05-27-2016, 06:30 PM
Might have been asked/answered already but can we get the claw style in a light bearing AIWB. I love my current light bearing AIWB with extra tuck but the claw would be nice.

Tony Mayer
05-27-2016, 09:25 PM
Might have been asked/answered already but can we get the claw style in a light bearing AIWB. I love my current light bearing AIWB with extra tuck but the claw would be nice.

karmapolice, I am working on it, but not yet.

Thanks

Savage Hands
05-28-2016, 10:15 AM
That definitely looks like a great Father's Day present...

JCS
07-18-2016, 07:20 PM
So I have been wearing this off and on since I got it. I never thought I would say this about an appendix holster, but I'm finding the wing pulls the grip into my body too much. It's causing the slide to come away from my body. I'm fairly flat stomached but not six pack abs flat.

Any suggestions Tony?

punkey71
07-18-2016, 09:08 PM
Can you attach the wing on the body side of the holster?

That *should* tuck less, I would think....(?)

Tony Mayer
07-18-2016, 09:32 PM
So I have been wearing this off and on since I got it. I never thought I would say this about an appendix holster, but I'm finding the wing pulls the grip into my body too much. It's causing the slide to come away from my body. I'm fairly flat stomached but not six pack abs flat.

Any suggestions Tony?

firefighterguy, if you crank down on the screws of the claw, it tuck less. Let me know how that works.

Thanks

Cookie Monster
07-18-2016, 09:41 PM
I got one on order and I am excited, I used to carry a 26 in my pocket but hip issues has me looking to put it on the belt.

Mirolynmonbro
07-18-2016, 10:16 PM
Can you attach the wing on the body side of the holster?

That *should* tuck less, I would think....(?)

This is how I had to wear the t-rex arms holsters with their claw, but they just used kydex, looks like the claw Tony uses is a different material. Does not look like you can move it around by looking at the pics

JCS
07-19-2016, 12:29 PM
This is how I had to wear the t-rex arms holsters with their claw, but they just used kydex, looks like the claw Tony uses is a different material. Does not look like you can move it around by looking at the pics

It can be moved to the other side. But the design of the claw makes it sit behind the holster so it doesn't help much. Plus I think it would be uncomfortable after awhile.

StraitR
07-19-2016, 08:33 PM
Tony, how much wedge, if any, does this claw holster have? Of the example pictures (http://www.jmcustomkydex.com/p/AIWB-WC.html) on your website, the black holster looks like it has very little/no wedge, where the orange one looks somewhat like a George.

Are there variations, and if I wanted the flattest holster possible where the claw does all the tucking, is this something I need to specify when ordering?

Tony Mayer
07-19-2016, 08:50 PM
Tony, how much wedge, if any, does this claw holster have? Of the example pictures (http://www.jmcustomkydex.com/p/AIWB-WC.html) on your website, the black holster looks like it has very little/no wedge, where the orange one looks somewhat like a George.

Are there variations, and if I wanted the flattest holster possible where the claw does all the tucking, is this something I need to specify when ordering?

StraitR, all the Wing Claws have no wedge, it's just enough offset to the hardware for the loops, and it is flat, no angle to it. The Wing Claw does all the work.

Thanks

StraitR
07-19-2016, 11:04 PM
StraitR, all the Wing Claws have no wedge, it's just enough offset to the hardware for the loops, and it is flat, no angle to it. The Wing Claw does all the work.

Thanks

Fantastic, thank you Tony.

23JAZ
07-22-2016, 08:38 PM

Any suggestions Tony?

If you have the original version you can flip the claw so the flat side is facing out instead of the bent part.

CS Tactical
07-26-2016, 05:08 PM
I bit the bullet and finally ordered one for my 17 :cool: Next will be a universal for the 43 I'm waiting on :o

MSparks909
07-28-2016, 08:51 PM
I'm about to order one of these new claw AIWB holsters for my G17. Pleased that they're available in the quick ship option...so just to clarify, I should NOT opt for the Extra Tuck or the Neoprene Wedge since the claw does all the tucking? I usually carry in a George w/ Extra Tuck. I don't want it to potentially tuck too much if I choose Extra Tuck or Neoprene + the wing.

bornandraisedlv
07-28-2016, 09:09 PM
Tony recommend to me to do the claw with neoprene wedge. Mine arrives Friday and I'm very excited to finally have a proper aiwb holster.

Kram
07-28-2016, 09:14 PM
Tony recommend to me to do the claw with neoprene wedge. Mine arrives Friday and I'm very excited to finally have a proper aiwb holster.

Let us know how you like it!

MSparks909
07-28-2016, 09:18 PM
Is the neoprene wedge glued on or velcroed on?

CS Tactical
07-28-2016, 10:04 PM
Is the neoprene wedge glued on or velcroed on?

Velcroed

MSparks909
07-28-2016, 10:10 PM
Velcroed

Awesome. Ordered!

23JAZ
10-07-2016, 05:26 PM
Received this gem last week. So far so good. More to come on it soon.

Imaposer2
10-07-2016, 08:49 PM

And that is?

RJ
10-07-2016, 09:15 PM

How did this turn out for you?

Edit: Sorry, I should have searched first.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?3597-JM-Custom-Kydex-AIWB-holster-review&p=484198&viewfull=1#post484198

bornandraisedlv
10-07-2016, 09:24 PM
How did this turn out for you?

His original claw design did not work out so well for me and I switched it out for a George with a customized shaped larger neoprene wedge that tucks the grip in nicely.

However I do have one of the newer versions on order as I think that with the loops off to each side it will keep the centerline bulk down and help keep tuck the grip in and not allow the slide to bulge out, which was the issue I was having with the original claw.

RJ
10-07-2016, 10:09 PM
His original claw design did not work out so well for me and I switched it out for a George with a customized shaped larger neoprene wedge that tucks the grip in nicely.

However I do have one of the newer versions on order as I think that with the loops off to each side it will keep the centerline bulk down and help keep tuck the grip in and not allow the slide to bulge out, which was the issue I was having with the original claw.

Gotcha, thanks.

Any chance you can ID the 'newer version' specifically?

I have an email in to Tony on a few AIWB questions. I had originally ordered a IWB 4 for my P30SK, but now I'm wondering whether I can wear AIWB.

I wear with a T shirt and cargo shorts most all the time. I am active; walk the dog, drive the truck, eat out, travel in our RV etc (I'm retired).

I like the fact AIWB seems so easy to put on and take off. And the draw has GOT to be quicker than my hip carry holster for my VP9.

When you sit down to eat with a AIWB holster, where does the gun fit? I mean, without getting too, um, ah, personal, I mean.

Can you actually bend at the waist with AIWB? How about driving a car or truck? Any problems?

Thanks, would appreciate any views on this.

JCS
10-08-2016, 08:27 AM
Gotcha, thanks.

Any chance you can ID the 'newer version' specifically?

I have an email in to Tony on a few AIWB questions. I had originally ordered a IWB 4 for my P30SK, but now I'm wondering whether I can wear AIWB.

I wear with a T shirt and cargo shorts most all the time. I am active; walk the dog, drive the truck, eat out, travel in our RV etc (I'm retired).

I like the fact AIWB seems so easy to put on and take off. And the draw has GOT to be quicker than my hip carry holster for my VP9.

When you sit down to eat with a AIWB holster, where does the gun fit? I mean, without getting too, um, ah, personal, I mean.

Can you actually bend at the waist with AIWB? How about driving a car or truck? Any problems?

Thanks, would appreciate any views on this.

I can only speak for myself and my body style, 6'3" 190 lbs, but when sitting the gun rests usually right inside my right leg. I find it very comfortable when riding. I can't ride with a gun in any other position without my back screaming at me. I almost always squat down instead of bending at the hips and I will admit that the gun does poke me in the stomach if I don't adjust it. But I have found that if you know you're going to bend over you can simply pull your pants up a few inches right as your bending and it doesn't poke me anymore. Same with sitting in a car. I'll adjust right before I sit in.

rca90gsx
10-08-2016, 09:15 AM
Really ready for this design to be available, looking forward to updates! Definitely ready to try one out.

23JAZ
10-08-2016, 09:58 AM
And that is?
New JMCK Wing-Claw G43 Long.

23JAZ
10-08-2016, 10:02 AM
Really ready for this design to be available, looking forward to updates! Definitely ready to try one out.
The only mod I've done to it is trim the the wing side clip so it doesn't hang down passed the bottom of the wing. Other than that the holster was perfect right out of the box. I wear snug fitted Nike Dry-Fit polos at work. They are not the best concealment shirts by any means and this holster makes the gun disappear completely!
So far since I trimmed the clip the comfort is just as good as every other JM holster I've had and Tony makes the most comfortable holsters out there. I will be spending some extended time in the car today but I don't think it will be an issue. I'll post results after the road trip.

bornandraisedlv
10-08-2016, 10:11 AM
The only mod I've done to it is trim the the wing side clip so it doesn't hang down passed the bottom of the wing. Other than that the holster is perfect! I wear snug fitted Nike Dry-Fit polos at work. They are not the best concealment shirts by any means and this holster makes the gun disappear completely!

Sounds good! I'm just at the 4 week mark so hopefully only 4-5 more to go! Really hoping this holster is "the one" for me. Happy with my George but i think with the claw,side loops and minimal bulk it will make it just that much better.

I'm very jealous of those of you who can shove any old holster down your pants and have minimal printing!! Not saying that any of Tony's are any old holster, far from that and he is awesome to work with.

rca90gsx
10-08-2016, 10:31 AM
Thanks for the information, I didn't see this model on his website yet, so I'm going to msg him about one.

Thanks!

The only mod I've done to it is trim the the wing side clip so it doesn't hang down passed the bottom of the wing. Other than that the holster was perfect right out of the box. I wear snug fitted Nike Dry-Fit polos at work. They are not the best concealment shirts by any means and this holster makes the gun disappear completely!
So far since I trimmed the clip the comfort is just as good as every other JM holster I've had and Tony makes the most comfortable holsters out there. I will be spending some extended time in the car today but I don't think it will be an issue. I'll post results after the road trip.

Tony Mayer
10-08-2016, 12:10 PM

rca90gsx, we are rebuilding a newer website and it will be on the new site, but that will probably be 3 ish weeks out. They are going to be the same price point as the original wing claw so if you want to get in line, you can order the wing claw and let me know you want the newer design. Thanks

Myrideishot
10-08-2016, 12:17 PM
If I already have an order in for the wing claw can I change it to the newer design?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Tony Mayer
10-08-2016, 01:05 PM
If I already have an order in for the wing claw can I change it to the newer design?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Myrideishot, yes. Send me an email and let me know you are going to change it. Thanks

bornandraisedlv
10-23-2016, 09:44 AM
Just want to see how the new wing claw is working for anyone who has it as I haven't heard much about it recently. I have one on order that should be here in the next few weeks.

bornandraisedlv
10-25-2016, 06:35 PM
Actually mine arrives tomorrow so I will update this thread with my thoughts on how it works for me in a few days. Very excited though and optimistic that it's going to work very well now that I've had a couple of months wearing the George.

bornandraisedlv
10-26-2016, 10:12 PM
Got it this afternoon, put it on and instantly was impressed! Don't get me wrong love my George but this new wing version tucks the grip into my belly so that the outside of the grip is now level with my belly, so there is nothing to print. Also it is amazing at how much less bulk there is right at the center of the holster, very little to no belt line bulge as a result.

Let's see how the coming weeks are with it. Also should note that I am using a larger, shaped neoprene wedge that I used with my George, works great!

Tony thanks again, very excited and happy with this one!

BaiHu
10-26-2016, 10:15 PM
Got it this afternoon, put it on and instantly was impressed! Don't get me wrong love my George but this new wing version tucks the grip into my belly so that the outside of the grip is now level with my belly, so there is nothing to print. Also it is amazing at how much less bulk there is right at the center of the holster, very little to no belt line bulge as a result.

Let's see how the coming weeks are with it. Also should note that I am using a larger, shaped neoprene wedge that I used with my George, works great!

Tony thanks again, very excited and happy with this one!

No pics. Doesn't exist.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

bornandraisedlv
10-26-2016, 10:17 PM
No pics. Doesn't exist.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161027/caf3bd99480ac020d19b4c94931af2fd.jpghttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161027/0ad9455b8ded829054b7406876e46baa.jpg
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161027/8db662b4f29fedee1458d5af5473a5cd.jpg

orionz06
10-26-2016, 10:52 PM
That a Dead shirt?

BaiHu
10-26-2016, 10:55 PM
P30?

bornandraisedlv
10-26-2016, 10:57 PM
That a Dead shirt?

Dead & Co all my originals are long gone hate to say.

bornandraisedlv
10-26-2016, 11:16 PM
P30?

P30sk good call. Looking at that pic I need to clean up the sweat build up on there.

RJ
10-27-2016, 07:37 AM
Got it this afternoon, put it on and instantly was impressed! Don't get me wrong love my George but this new wing version tucks the grip into my belly so that the outside of the grip is now level with my belly, so there is nothing to print.

Any chance you can post a pic of this?

bornandraisedlv
10-27-2016, 09:23 AM
Any chance you can post a pic of this?

Yeah will do later this morning. I will also show it next to the George for comparison, both on and off.

masternave
10-27-2016, 10:08 AM
I've been trading back and forth between my eidolon (G19) and my JMCK Wing holster (VP9). I'd always struggled with concealing the VP9…*but honestly I think it's easier and more comfortable in the JMCK.

Which makes me jones for a G19/G17 version in my closet. Grr.

PearTree
10-27-2016, 11:43 AM
Just got a care package from Tony. I had the original wing claw but found it too bulky for my body type, so I asked Tony if I could swap it for the one with RCS wing and clips. Here are the photos.

I find this holster is substantially thinner than the original wing version, and I can conceal my glock 26 much easier and no longer need the neoprene wedge to conceal the pistol. Thanks Tony!

bornandraisedlv
10-27-2016, 11:57 AM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161027/c33d502e3842516ddb34c6faae153170.jpghttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161027/a2f8f42dba91b7db0eeb76449256e633.jpghttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161027/f6340329f131ce6d1cf53c164478df2a.jpg

Didn't have time to swap out between the George and the new claw.

I will say though that I was never able to wear a teeshirt with my George and I am getting ready to go vote in a teeshirt.

Also this might just be a mental thing but this holster seems a bit more comfortable as it seems to distribute the weight of my gun a little more evenly.

The first version of the wing just plain did not work with my body, this version seems to be made specifically for me, could not be more impressed.

Will post up again in a couple of weeks after I have had some time with it.

RJ
10-27-2016, 12:00 PM
Just got a care package from Tony. I had the original wing claw but found it too bulky for my body type, so I asked Tony if I could swap it for the one with RCS wing and clips. Here are the photos.

I find this holster is substantially thinner than the original wing version, and I can conceal my glock 26 much easier and no longer need the neoprene wedge to conceal the pistol. Thanks Tony!

Wowsers. I like this.

I just emailed Tony to see if I could swap my open order for my lefty P30SK to one of these.

RJ
10-27-2016, 12:03 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161027/c33d502e3842516ddb34c6faae153170.jpghttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161027/a2f8f42dba91b7db0eeb76449256e633.jpghttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161027/f6340329f131ce6d1cf53c164478df2a.jpg

Didn't have time to swap out between the George and the new claw.

I will say though that I was never able to wear a teeshirt with my George and I am getting ready to go vote in a teeshirt.

Also this might just be a mental thing but this holster seems a bit more comfortable as it seems to distribute the weight of my gun a little more evenly.

The first version of the wing just plain did not work with my body, this version seems to be made specifically for me, could not be more impressed.

Will post up again in a couple of weeks after I have had some time with it.

That's the 'new' version, right?

bornandraisedlv
10-27-2016, 12:08 PM
That's the 'new' version, right?

Yes it is. The original had the belt clips in the center, new one splits the loops and is thinner. According to Tony it is his thinnest holster yet. I notice less bulk at the belt line than the George.

RJ
10-27-2016, 12:42 PM
Yes it is. The original had the belt clips in the center, new one splits the loops and is thinner. According to Tony it is his thinnest holster yet. I notice less bulk at the belt line than the George.

Outstanding. Thanks very much.

That looks EXACTLY like what I'm looking for to try AIWB.

bornandraisedlv
10-27-2016, 01:00 PM
Outstanding. Thanks very much.

That looks EXACTLY like what I'm looking for to try AIWB.

I would say it's a great start and I will recommend it to anyone looking to aiwb.

Cool Breeze
10-27-2016, 03:21 PM

Is the actual wing different in this one vs the original? Or just the belt loops?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

JCS
10-27-2016, 03:22 PM
Dang thinner than the George?!

I'm going to need an appendix holster for my 34 at some point. Wonder what that would look like n

CS Tactical
10-27-2016, 03:38 PM
How well do those clips work? Do they ever have an issue coming off the belt?

Kram
10-27-2016, 03:40 PM

Wow that holster looks great! Just curious but any reason for not opting for the extra length (Glock 19) size?

bornandraisedlv
10-27-2016, 03:41 PM
Dang thinner than the George?!

I'm going to need an appendix holster for my 34 at some point. Wonder what that would look like n

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161027/8d933a4a7a8f79538cfe8351b8677bd6.jpg

It's hard to tell by a photo but it is a bit thinner, though the clips seem to stick out just as far as they do on my George. The difference with that is the clips are off to the side of the holster and the one on the grip side tucks in a bit more than this picture shows as your belt pulls it tight.

bornandraisedlv
10-27-2016, 04:19 PM

Surprisingly well actually. Have not had them slip off at all and there is a definitive click as they clip over my belt.

OnionsAndDragons
10-27-2016, 04:54 PM

I make holsters. I occasionally sell holsters. I've been through all the different types of clips of recent production.

IME: These are the best POLYMER easy on/off clips due to having a very pronounced tooth that fits over the belt that is designed to rest at a plane just below where the belt is against the clip body. These fail the least of any POLYMER clips I have roughed up. I give the POLYMER caveat because the ginormous spring clip that Tom at DSG has used forever, and a few of us have been using for a good while, fails the least of any non-closing attachment point.

Basically if you want easy on/of, the hierarchy of security goes:

Best- PTD Soft Loops

Betterer- Big Spring Clip

Better- RCS Overhooks

Good- Quick-Clip/FOMI-style

Hope that is helpful!

PearTree
10-27-2016, 04:57 PM
Is the actual wing different in this one vs the original? Or just the belt loops?

Yes the wing is different. It is my understanding they are both RCS wings, but the new one interfaces with the RCS clips.

PearTree
10-27-2016, 04:58 PM
Wow that holster looks great! Just curious but any reason for not opting for the extra length (Glock 19) size?
It is the glock 19 size, I just carry a glock 26 for better concealment.

PearTree
10-27-2016, 04:59 PM
I make holsters. I occasionally sell holsters. I've been through all the different types of clips of recent production.

IME: These are the best POLYMER easy on/off clips due to having a very pronounced tooth that fits over the belt that is designed to rest at a plane just below where the belt is against the clip body. These fail the least of any POLYMER clips I have roughed up. I give the POLYMER caveat because the ginormous spring clip that Tom at DSG has used forever, and a few of us have been using for a good while, fails the least of any non-closing attachment point.

Best- PTD Soft Loops

Better- RCS Overhooks

Hope that is helpful!
What he said.

Tony Mayer
10-27-2016, 05:34 PM
Guys, was hoping to have the newer design up on the new website, but the new website is a couple weeks out (always something with websites FML!) still, but if you have a pending order for a Wing Claw and want to switch to this design, send me an email. Im out of pocket for a couple days so may not respond till Monday.

Thanks

RJ
10-27-2016, 05:47 PM
Guys, was hoping to have the newer design up on the new website, but the new website is a couple weeks out (always something with websites FML!) still, but if you have a pending order for a Wing Claw and want to switch to this design, send me an email. Im out of pocket for a couple days so may not respond till Monday.

Thanks

Tony - Email sent. That new design looks awesome. Definitely worth the wait.

CS Tactical
10-27-2016, 06:03 PM

Best- PTD Soft Loops

Better- RCS Overhooks

Hope that is helpful!

Thank you for the information, that is very helpful.

Cool Breeze
11-03-2016, 09:27 PM
Hey Tony, are all of the new wing holsters now using the wing design that is shown in post 112 vs. Jay23 post 76? What's the rationale for changing and does it matter in term of tuck? It looks like the wing in post 76 is further away from the clip allowing it to tuck more? Thank you!

CR78
11-03-2016, 09:54 PM
Just spitballing, but is there a way to make the Universal concept thinner by offsetting one or two metal clips in this manner?

Tony Mayer
11-03-2016, 10:12 PM
Hey Tony, are all of the new wing holsters now using the wing design that is shown in post 112 vs. Jay23 post 76? What's the rationale for changing and does it matter in term of tuck? It looks like the wing in post 76 is further away from the clip allowing it to tuck more? Thank you!

Cool Breeze, no, the Wing Claw will remain the same. The newer design (Wing Claw 2.0 is going to be the name and hopefully up on our new website by the end of next week) came about because we had many requests for that type of design. The big difference between the 2 is the amount of material under the dust cover. The Wing Claw is very similar to our George and AIWB wedge style holsters under the dust cover, and has less belt line bulge than the George and tucks like the normal AIWB. The Wing Claw 2.0 will have more material under the dust cover because it is carrying the claw and a J hook. It will be the least amount of belt line printing, but the trade off is more material under the dust cover (uncomfortable for some body types) and is a bit wider than the Wing Claw. The 2.0 is also going to be J hooks only at this time, although soft loop with soft loop struts are workable if you like soft loops. We are all about options so trying to accommodate all types of appendix carry needs means different styles of holsters, which isn't a bad thing, IMO anyway.

The Jay23 holster is a one off, kind of a blend of the 2 different Wing Claw styles.

Tony Mayer
11-03-2016, 10:14 PM
Just spitballing, but is there a way to make the Universal concept thinner by offsetting one or two metal clips in this manner?

CR78, offsetting one of the metal clips, moving to ride over the trigger guard, would be pretty easy to do, but now you have more material under the dust cover FYI. Always a trade off somewhere.

RJ
11-04-2016, 07:35 AM
I would say it's a great start and I will recommend it to anyone looking to aiwb.

Thanks, Tony was nice enough to swap my order to the new AIWB 2.0 design for my lefty P30SK.

I can't say enough about how much I value ordering a JM CK holster.

This will be my fourth holster from him. I've peppered Tony with so many emails, he's probably going to put me in his spam folder. :cool:

No seriously, his responsiveness to customers is outstanding. It is really useful to have a holster maker with so much experience on tap.

bornandraisedlv
11-05-2016, 09:20 AM
So figured I would update now that I've had just over a week of wear on the new wing claw 2.0 and I am just am impressed as I was when I first put it on. It conceals very well for me. I have noticed though that when I am wearing my acker b21 that I have to wear it a notch looser than I normally would as that claw digs into me pretty good. With my Volund g-hook it's business and normal. Still super impressed with this holster.

Paltares8
11-05-2016, 10:09 AM
Glad to hear you like it. I switched an order I had for the original wing claw to the 2.0 after seeing the pics of how thin it is compared to the standard. Just curious, how are the belt hooks as far as stability and retention?

Eta: I saw that you have already answered this, but just wondering if your thoughts on them changed during the last week

bornandraisedlv
11-05-2016, 10:23 AM
Glad to hear you like it. I switched an order I had for the original wing claw to the 2.0 after seeing the pics of how thin it is compared to the standard. Just curious, how are the belt hooks as far as stability and retention?

Eta: I saw that you have already answered this, but just wondering if your thoughts on them changed during the last week

I haven't changed the hooks yet as I have the struts shipping with another order that's still a few weeks out. The hooks have not popped off my belt a single time even after running around playing monster and other random activities with my 3 year old. I really like the easy on / off and will probably start with just changing the slide side hook to a ptd soft loop and keep the wing side a hook and see how that works out for me as that wing side hook does not print even a little bit. And honestly the slide side one doesn't really print unless I'm in a teeshirt, which this is the first holster in any cary method that I could get away with wearing a teeshirt.

luckyman
11-07-2016, 02:39 PM
hey Tony, how far does "the claw" extend on the 2.0 version vs the original version? I ended up taking the claw off my original version for the SW Shield because it was a problem with certain pants, and that actually works surprisingly well for me. Wondering how the "Wing Claw 2.0" would be for me with an RMR Glock, vs the original Wing Claw.

Tony Mayer
11-07-2016, 03:14 PM
hey Tony, how far does "the claw" extend on the 2.0 version vs the original version? I ended up taking the claw off my original version for the SW Shield because it was a problem with certain pants, and that actually works surprisingly well for me. Wondering how the "Wing Claw 2.0" would be for me with an RMR Glock, vs the original Wing Claw.

luckyman, the claw extends about the same width wise, but it tucks a little more and has more material under the dust cover. If you need an in between claw for the original, send me that info in an email and I can grind the claw down halfway for less tuck.

Thanks

JustOneGun
11-07-2016, 06:10 PM

I should have checked here before emailing Tony.

I was worried that the J hooks stick out from the belt much more than the split kydex. So to make it actually print less, versus printing different we need attachments that are similar in thickness to the split kydex. Perhaps I will cut the split kydex in half and rig them up to work with the 2.0. I love my, "George". It makes the G19 disappear but it looks like I have a pager on my belt.

bornandraisedlv
11-13-2016, 11:29 PM
So driving home from running errands with the boys and my wife tonight and we see a guy on a motorcycle in front of us who has his pistol sticking out the back of his pants. My wife says to me "Did you stop carrying yours? I've not noticed it months!" She was completely surprised when I assured her I've had it on every time we've left the house, and 90% of the time in the house. If MY wife hasn't noticed it, I have complete confidence that no one else is going to notice it either.

Another shout out to Tony at JMCK and this wing claw 2.0!

Pacioli
11-14-2016, 07:25 AM
This was the first email in my inbox this morning

JM Custom Kydex has sent you a package

Happiness! This will be my third holster, an IWB. I have an OWB2 for range work and people ask me about it almost every time I wear it. When I decided to venture into AIWB land, I knew it had to be with a JM product and I haven't been disappointed. So in two days I'll look like Ralphie checking the mailbox for my decoder ring :D

23JAZ
11-14-2016, 09:50 PM
Cool Breeze, no, the Wing Claw will remain the same. The newer design (Wing Claw 2.0 is going to be the name and hopefully up on our new website by the end of next week) came about because we had many requests for that type of design. The big difference between the 2 is the amount of material under the dust cover. The Wing Claw is very similar to our George and AIWB wedge style holsters under the dust cover, and has less belt line bulge than the George and tucks like the normal AIWB. The Wing Claw 2.0 will have more material under the dust cover because it is carrying the claw and a J hook. It will be the least amount of belt line printing, but the trade off is more material under the dust cover (uncomfortable for some body types) and is a bit wider than the Wing Claw. The 2.0 is also going to be J hooks only at this time, although soft loop with soft loop struts are workable if you like soft loops. We are all about options so trying to accommodate all types of appendix carry needs means different styles of holsters, which isn't a bad thing, IMO anyway.

The Jay23 holster is a one off, kind of a blend of the 2 different Wing Claw styles.
I specially asked Tony for as little material under the dust cover as possible as I find it more comfortable when the holster sits in the crease of my thigh and groin. Wide holsters don't work for me for aiwb carry. It amazes me how some people can fit a g19 with a full size WML.

blues
12-28-2016, 09:07 PM
This thread has gone long enough without a refresh...

...Just wanted to chime in with a comment about belt attachment. One of the things I love about the "George" with the solid kydex loop is how well it keeps my Glocks in a very stable position for an excellent master grip and clean draw. The only thing I didn't like about the solid kydex loop was that it didn't feel like the holster moved with me as well as it might have...and it exhibited a squeak (probably only noticeable to me).

I replaced the solid kydex loop with a pair of Pull-The-Dot soft loops several days ago and couldn't be happier. The holster moves with me, is silent, and hardly shifts position at all (probably due to the influence of the wedge).

I know many folks have lamented excessive printing with the PTD loops but honestly I'm not seeing it. Plus, I just feel more secure with this setup.

If I should ever make a change from PTD loops I'd probably opt for fixed soft loops. I like them that much. Obviously, YMMV, but I think it's worth exploring if you've even given the idea a moment's thought. I'm glad I did.

Holmes375
12-28-2016, 11:29 PM
I'm a fan of the loops, too. No concealment issues here, may be a component of one's physical structure. I find loops the best of all worlds in terms of holster fasteners.

Paltares8
12-29-2016, 12:27 AM
I'm thinking about switching to loops, PTD or fixed, for my claw 2.0. Nothing against the belt hooks that are on it, but I find myself needing to tighten them at least once a day. I know part of it might be that some of my pants' belt loops are spaced out differently so it puts pressure on the hooks in different ways, but maybe the loops will have enough give that it won't mess with the tightness of the screws. I hope so anyways. Or I could just throw some loctite on them, but I don't want to screw up the fit from one pair of pants to the other... Regardless it is still an awesome holster and I can't imagine a better mix of comfort and concealment.

Tony Mayer
12-29-2016, 01:29 PM
I'm thinking about switching to loops, PTD or fixed, for my claw 2.0. Nothing against the belt hooks that are on it, but I find myself needing to tighten them at least once a day. I know part of it might be that some of my pants' belt loops are spaced out differently so it puts pressure on the hooks in different ways, but maybe the loops will have enough give that it won't mess with the tightness of the screws. I hope so anyways. Or I could just throw some loctite on them, but I don't want to screw up the fit from one pair of pants to the other... Regardless it is still an awesome holster and I can't imagine a better mix of comfort and concealment.

Paltares8, just an FYI, we put a thin layer of VC3 on all of our retention screws, and we try and find the balance of being able to adjust the screw and keep enough on there to keep it from backing out over normal use. It is always a good idea to put more on them once you get the retention and ride height dialed in. Thanks and glad you like the holster.

Irelander
04-06-2021, 08:38 AM
I picked up this antique from a member at hkpro.com. I've been wanting to try an original JMCK wing claw since the 2.0 and 2.5 have too much room under the dust cover for me. This one is for an HK45C but fits my P2000SK just fine. Just got it yesterday but I'm really liking it.

Steve m
04-06-2021, 03:04 PM
I have X3 AIWB a "george" a regular AIWB and a wing claw 2.5, the regular and george are the most comfortable for me. The regular AIWB and a range competition holster are my newest purchases. It took me a while to find my comfort "large wedge" and DCC mono block clips. Craftmanship is superb, after daily wear for 6 months with the george you can hardly tell.

Superb products Tony.

Tony Mayer
04-06-2021, 06:52 PM
I have X3 AIWB a "george" a regular AIWB and a wing claw 2.5, the regular and george are the most comfortable for me. The regular AIWB and a range competition holster are my newest purchases. It took me a while to find my comfort "large wedge" and DCC mono block clips. Craftmanship is superb, after daily wear for 6 months with the george you can hardly tell.

Superb products Tony.

Thanks Steve m, happy you like our holsters!