PDA

View Full Version : ankle med kits

scw2
02-26-2016, 12:50 PM
With the AFAK Karma thread, I saw that several people have used ankle med kits before. I was considering the TMS one, but I think someone mentioned they wear out quickly. Any recommendations on an ankle carrier? If anyone got the AFAK from Ryker would love to hear your comparisons against other options. Thanks!

TGS
02-26-2016, 07:09 PM
I'm using the Rescue Essentials (http://www.rescue-essentials.com/rescue-essentials-ankle-medical-holster/) right now.

Comfortable: yes

Concealable: Under my Vertx Casuals, my random cargo pants, and jeans, yes. It prints if I put the large pocket on the outside of the ankle, but no so if I put it on the inside of the ankle. It will show in shorter pants like suit pants, however, when you sit and the pant leg rides up.

Durability: Unknown. Too new.

Capacity: It holds a lot of shit. H&H mini bandage, Quickclot CG LE, 1 pair gloves, and right now just for testing I've got both a Tourni-Kwik and SOFT-W. I need to redo it with some tape so I can improvise a chest seal.

Pennzoil
02-27-2016, 06:33 PM
We just released our ankle med kit last week.

So other than the people who helped with testing last year LE/MIL and the ones we’ve donated to LE guys not many people have experience with our med kit yet. None are really on forums regularly and their opinion maybe seen as biased.

I can’t speak to the other ankle kits but ours started out as a designed way for friends and myself to be able to carry medical gear on them. I’ve always made or modified items to work better for friends and myself. I’m PRO LE/MIL so what ever I can do within reason to help, I do it.

This one was designed for Chris L for a more efficient way to carry medical gear. This was after attending a CCW class he taught involving drills with applying self/buddy medical aid after making the area safe. Chris helped with the design and I started making and donating them to friends & acquaintances that are at higher risk of needing medical gear on them.

The AFAK was designed for carrying medical gear including a chest seal concealed while minimizing the items from printing regardless if it’s full of items or just a TQ and gauze. Something Chris recommended was adding additional patch of loop to one of the pockets so it can be rolled up and used as an organizer when not worn. Everyone knows that things like combat gauze are expensive so it’s nice to have other options like rolling it up and stuffing in a range bag, LBE pouch, etc. when not worn on the ankle.

Though the AFAK was initially designed for medical gear people have found a number of other uses for it like carrying SSE gear and a ankle wallet for items needed but not used often enough to require belt space.

Feedback was great and I wear mine daily so I decided to sell this item as an option for people that are interested in ankle kits.

Dagga Boy
02-27-2016, 07:53 PM
Had one of the Ryker kits used by a student in class today. He is ecstatic with it. Chris L is a friend and he also raves about the design. It is a very good option for anyone needing some way to carry critical med gear, especially first responders.

ChrisLapre
02-27-2016, 11:08 PM
The Ryker kit was designed for a few specific purposes. The ability to carry life saving med gear on you at all times, with maximum comfort and minimum weight. It does this very well. The next was for reduced signature for those who wear it. Pennzoil was able to accomplish this with excellent results. Having worked undercover for a long time this was always a struggle. I tried several other option out there and none worked. The Rogue Gunfighter was the best but getting one was and act of God. In the end it was too thick, too heavy, and very hot in the summer. RG is now out of business.
Pennzoil and I have worked together on other small items and I presented the idea to him. Unlike me, he has an engineering based mind and produced a couple (legitametly 2) of samples. These two samples lead to what is now Ryker Nylon and the Ryker AFAK.
Pennzoil is a perfectionist and after more than a couple production samples, he now has the finalized product which is better than I could have ever imagined. Super light, comfortable, and carries what I need with ease and minimum signature.

SeriousStudent
02-27-2016, 11:27 PM
I have been carrying mine for 3 days now, and really do like it. It's definitely more comfortable than a lot of ankle holsters I have worn.

You gents might want to reach out to Caleb Causey at Lone Star Medics. His better half was in the pistol class today, and I showed it to her. She was going to show the pics to Caleb, who hosts a Tactical Medical Conference here in Texas.

Caleb is a solid dude, I have trained with him several times.

Thanks again for an excellent product. It's now part of my daily stuff.

ChrisLapre
02-27-2016, 11:37 PM
If you have contact info message Pennzoil. I'm sure he wouldn't mind the publicity . Thanks for the comments and glad you're liking it so far.

TGS
02-28-2016, 02:56 PM
Here's a question: For you guys who have kept chest seals folded 2-3 times over (or more, to keep stuffed in a small kit) for continuous periods of time, have you opened them up and found them to still be effective or did they form creases that interfered with sealing?

Drang
02-28-2016, 03:16 PM
Here's a question: For you guys who have kept chest seals folded 2-3 times over (or more, to keep stuffed in a small kit) for continuous periods of time, have you opened them up and found them to still be effective or did they form creases that interfered with sealing?
Good question. Inquiring minds want to know...

Greenie
02-28-2016, 04:21 PM

I just serviced my work IFAK. Halo seal was expired, so it got switched out. Out of curiosity, I opened up the old one - seemed unaffected by being folded in half, and then in half again, inside of an SOTech VIPER IFAK for at least the last two years.

ChrisLapre
02-28-2016, 04:35 PM
The way the ankle kit was designed, a HALO seal will fit in the back slot pouch by being folded in half. No need to tri-fold it. The HALO seals suffer minimum to no issues being folded in half, unlike the Asherman's. I use the HALO based off of recommendations from a SARC Corpsman buddy. I have no knowledge of some of the others besides the two mentioned.
Hope that helps answer the question.
Chris

Pennzoil
02-28-2016, 05:01 PM

I also keep Gorilla tape strips pre cut on my Halo seal incase I need to try and improvise or fix a chest seal.

ST911
02-28-2016, 05:11 PM
The HALO is particularly forgiving of folding and temp swings. Some other seals are folded within their packages already. Standard precautions: monitor your gear, rotate stock periodically based on service conditions. When you do rotate, open one up and take a look at what effects your particular conditions had on the product.

Dropkick
02-28-2016, 09:26 PM
Since the beginning of 2015 I've been using one of the Rogue Gunfighter Ankle Kits filled with my own contents. You can jam a surprising amount of stuff in it and still have it disappear under a pants leg.

Before the Rogue, I was using this for quite a while:
https://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?14601-Custom-Ankle-Trauma-Kit

And I've also have hands on experience with:
Rescue Essentials Ankle Medical Holster
http://www.rescue-essentials.com/rescue-essentials-ankle-medical-holster/

Tactical Medical Solutions - Ankle Tourniquet Holster
https://www.tacmedsolutions.com/product/tourniquet-ankle-holster/

PPGMD
02-28-2016, 09:32 PM
I've been meaning to build an ankle med kit. I want something that can wrap around the pylon of my leg, and look almost normal with the sock rolled up over it.

It would be a two birds with one stone, it would make my prosthetic look a little more natural, and I can easily carry life saving medical gear where ever I go.

TGS
02-28-2016, 09:39 PM
I've been meaning to build an ankle med kit. I want something that can wrap around the pylon of my leg, and look almost normal with the sock rolled up over it.

It would be a two birds with one stone, it would make my prosthetic look a little more natural, and I can easily carry life saving medical gear where ever I go.

There's a dude named Pennzoil that you should talk to. :)

PNWTO
02-28-2016, 09:57 PM
Since the beginning of 2015 I've been using one of the Rogue Gunfighter Ankle Kits filled with my own contents. You can jam a surprising amount of stuff in it and still have it disappear under a pants leg.

Before the Rogue, I was using this for quite a while:
https://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?14601-Custom-Ankle-Trauma-Kit

And I've also have hands on experience with:
Rescue Essentials Ankle Medical Holster
http://www.rescue-essentials.com/rescue-essentials-ankle-medical-holster/

Tactical Medical Solutions - Ankle Tourniquet Holster
https://www.tacmedsolutions.com/product/tourniquet-ankle-holster/

Is Rogue Gunfighter still a company? I've reached out a few times to no response.

PPGMD
02-28-2016, 10:27 PM
There's a dude named Pennzoil that you should talk to. :)

Now that I look up on this thread, I might have to do it.

Most ankle med kits are designed to wrap around a normal ankle not a small titanium pipe.

SeriousStudent
02-28-2016, 10:42 PM

Most ankle med kits are designed to wrap around a normal ankle not a small titanium pipe.

Interesting - you might be able to adapt it to carry an Olaes pressure dressing as well.

Pennzoil
02-28-2016, 10:51 PM

What's the diameter of the pipe? I probably have something similar size laying around and send you photos or video.

OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor
02-28-2016, 11:54 PM
Pennzoil - thx for making these just placed an order on your WS.

Chris - appreciate your getting these done & hope you're good out there. Last we comm'd you bought an Eagle E&E bag from me, right before a little dustup in your AO. Uncle Pat shared the details w/ us the next day @ a carb class in Tejas, seems you might have used an AR(?) to do God's work in that one as everyone on your team came home that nite.

Serious - Next time I see you @ DPC (HITs counter robbery/Caleb class) guess we can compare notes on how these are working out for us.

Pennzoil
02-29-2016, 12:02 AM
Pennzoil - thx for making these just placed an order on your WS

Thank you for your business! I'll have your order shipped out first thing this morning.

OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor
02-29-2016, 12:08 AM
Thank you for your business! I'll have your order shipped out first thing this morning.

Geez thx for the prompt reply, any chance I can get an email sent w/ the TR # ?

Asking as I don't get much mail @ this location, thus I need a heads up on when to check mail box.

Pennzoil
02-29-2016, 12:36 AM
Yup, I'll add your email address from the order to the USPS shipping and they'll email you updates. You'll receive an email with info probably around 0800 your time.

Dropkick
02-29-2016, 01:08 PM
Is Rogue Gunfighter still a company? I've reached out a few times to no response.

I have no idea, I was lucky enough to find a re-seller that had them for a brief period of time.

ChrisLapre
02-29-2016, 01:54 PM
No they are not.

PPGMD
02-29-2016, 08:01 PM
What's the diameter of the pipe? I probably have something similar size laying around and send you photos or video.

1.9" at the widest part, and 1.5" at the thinnest part.

Pennzoil
02-29-2016, 08:51 PM
1.9" at the widest part, and 1.5" at the thinnest part.

Ok, I'll have some pictures for you this week.

PPGMD
02-29-2016, 08:59 PM
Ok, I'll have some pictures for you this week.

Thanks I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor
02-29-2016, 09:52 PM
Yup, I'll add your email address from the order to the USPS shipping and they'll email you updates. You'll receive an email with info probably around 0800 your time.

Fellas if you're on the fence re. placing an order w/ Pennzoil don't hesitate to do so as his comms. & ability to ship product are beyond reproach.

I had a tr. # early this AM after placing my order late last nite & then a followup email making sure I had received the tr. # a few minutes later.

My AFAK should be in Tx this Wed. PM & I hope to post some user feedback here after 3-5 days of usage.

Pennzoil
03-01-2016, 12:37 PM
Thanks I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

The AFAK works well and stays in place when wrapped tightly around the pipe on its own. Stays in place unless I tap the pipe on the ground repeatedly.

I worry about it possibly sliding down while your walking due to impact so I made a strap that follows the pipe down under the AFAK and hooks on the front. Also added a soft leather liner that helps it from slipping on metal.

The strap still allows the AFAK to be torn away quickly.

http://youtu.be/5DaSggHyI58

We'll see how it works when you test it out.

Fellas if you're on the fence re. placing an order w/ Pennzoil don't hesitate to do so as his comms. & ability to ship product are beyond reproach.

I had a tr. # early this AM after placing my order late last nite & then a followup email making sure I had received the tr. # a few minutes later.

My AFAK should be in Tx this Wed. PM & I hope to post some user feedback here after 3-5 days of usage.

Thank you for the kind words and I'm glad your happy with out service so far!

PPGMD
03-01-2016, 03:59 PM
I think that will work. Now to dig through my medical gear I think I have enough to fill another kit. What TQ fits best in your kits?

PPGMD
03-01-2016, 04:23 PM
Does anyone know if the expiration date on the Halo chest seals mean anything?

I know all medical gear has to have an expiration date on it, but I also know that for bandages and such they can be ignored if stored in a cool, dry, and dark place.

El Cid
03-01-2016, 04:34 PM
I started carry on my opposite ankle several years ago in an attempt to counter-balance the weight of my baby Glock. This was more because my lower back hates me, and started with spare mags and or cuffs. At the suggestion of a friend I added a CAT TQ and carried it plus a 17rd magazine. I started with the Tuff Products ankle product and wore it for years until the Velcro started giving out.

For the last year or more I've been using the Ricci products (http://www.strikeindustries.com/shop/index.php/products/gear-accessories/ricci-s-medicial-system/ricci-ankle-medicial-system-v-2-ams-v2.html#.VtYJMLdf2uU) and am very happy. I currently keep the front flapped pocket empty but plan to experiment with either an IFAK or some sort of z-fold hemostat. I keep a 17rd mag in one side and the CAT on the other. It's not a perfect balance to the G26, but is close enough.

Pennzoil, will your design accommodate a full size Glock magazine?

ST911
03-01-2016, 06:47 PM
Does anyone know if the expiration date on the Halo chest seals mean anything?

I know all medical gear has to have an expiration date on it, but I also know that for bandages and such they can be ignored if stored in a cool, dry, and dark place.

HALOs stay GTG for a long time (as do several others) after their expiration, if stored reasonably.

TGS
03-01-2016, 07:02 PM
I worry about it possibly sliding down while your walking due to impact so I made a strap that follows the pipe down under the AFAK and hooks on the front. Also added a soft leather liner that helps it from slipping on metal.

How about having the inside of the pouch wrapped in velcro, and the other half of velcro stuck to the pylon? Sort of how we attach foam wedge pads to appendix holsters.

PPGMD
03-01-2016, 08:28 PM
So what are you all keeping in your ankle pouch?

I ordered a couple of RATS to try to see how I like it (one for trying and one for the kit). If not I will go back to my old stand by for small kit TQ the TK4.
I also pulled out a nose trumpet 28Fr with lube, halo chest seals, chest dart, and gloves.

I order a couple of Olaes 4" bandages, and the new vac packed Quikclot Gauze.

TGS
03-01-2016, 08:48 PM
H&H mini bandage, combat gauze, TK4 "Tourni-kwik," SOFT-W, duct tape, and 1 pair of gloves.

The MOLLE webbing on the Rescue Essentials would let me put more stuff on it if I wanted to. I could actually move the SOFTW to there with rubber bands or a BFG Tourniquet NOW holder, and put other stuff in the elastic pouch it's occupying now.

Or, put whatever else I want there. I want to refrain from stuffing too many things on my ankle......as it is right now, I completely forget I'm wearing it at times. It's comfortable. I want it to stay that way instead of being something noticeable.

Dropkick
03-02-2016, 02:28 PM
Rogue Gunfighter Ankle MedKit
H&H Mini Bandage
QuikClot Combat Gauze LE
Durapore Surgical Tape (re-wrapped flat)
Orange Nitrile Gloves
CRKT KERT, Safety Pins (x2)
HALO Seals
SOFTT-W Gen3 Tourniquet

scw2
03-06-2016, 08:32 PM
The responsiveness of Pennzoil (answering inquiries of others here) and the initial feedback of many people helped sell me on giving this a shot. It definitely looks well made! Ive' never had a IFAK, let alone an ankle one, but that's a hole I need to fill. At least the hardware is coming together, just need to get training lined up too...

I appreciate everyone on PF for sharing info and knowledge with the ignorant and uninformed like myself.

Pennzoil
03-06-2016, 08:51 PM
The responsiveness of Pennzoil (to others with their inquiries) and the initial feedback of many people helped sell me on giving this a shot. It definitely looks well made! Ive' never had a IFAK, let alone an ankle one, but that's a hole I need to fill. At least the hardware is coming together, just need to get training lined up too...

Thank you for you business! I'll have your order shipped out first thing in the morning.

Hopefully you have some good local trainers in your area. Date night for this weekend coming up the wife and I is a local IFAK class.

SeriousStudent
03-06-2016, 10:17 PM
The responsiveness of Pennzoil (answering inquiries of others here) and the initial feedback of many people helped sell me on giving this a shot. It definitely looks well made! Ive' never had a IFAK, let alone an ankle one, but that's a hole I need to fill. At least the hardware is coming together, just need to get training lined up too...

I appreciate everyone on PF for sharing info and knowledge with the ignorant and uninformed like myself.

If I may be so bold?

Two trainers that I have personal experience with and can recommend are Caleb Causey of Lone Star Medics, and Kerry Davis of Dark Angel Medical. Both offer excellent hands-on training.

OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor
03-07-2016, 01:31 PM
If I may be so bold?

Two trainers that I have personal experience with and can recommend are Caleb Causey of Lone Star Medics, and Kerry Davis of Dark Angel Medical. Both offer excellent hands-on training.

Not that my brother Serious needs the validation on his recs. but agreed re. Kerry/DA having trained w/ him & Caleb will happen hopefully this Fall w/ DB & Wayne @ DPC.

Dropkick
04-18-2016, 07:58 AM
So it's been a month or two, is there anyone whose has worn the Ryker AFAK daily (or nearly) for 30+ days?
What are your impressions? What sort of medical gear do you have in it?

My interest has been renewed, now that they're available in black.

TLG040
04-18-2016, 12:52 PM
I have been wearing mine regularly for just over a month now and have it stocked with SOFTT-W (ITS flat fold), Tytek 5.5" shears, Hyfin compact chest seals twin pack, NPA (28fr)/small lube, H&H mini compression bandage, 2 pair nitrile gloves (each in small individual "zip-loc" plastic jeweler's baggies), Celox rapid ribbon and a CPR face shield. I was surprised at the amount of items that I could store without the kit becoming to bulky and still disappearing under my pants.
I recently took a week long family vacation to TX which included substantial walking (and carrying kids) at a theme park as well as 2 large Zoos and noted no issues. I have worn it with tennis shoes and work boots and have had no discomfort. I have been impressed and have recommended to several at work looking for a low profile means of having additional medical supplies immediately available.

BobM
05-25-2016, 09:16 PM
I bought a black one and have a CAT, a mini Cinch-tight, and EMT shears in it for the time being. I've been wearing it on and off duty for at least a week. This afternoon I got into a short foot chase. The rig was still secure when I got home.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

voodoo_man
06-12-2016, 11:42 AM
http://i.imgur.com/olHPzkd.jpg (http://www.vdmsr.com/2016/06/afak-edc.html)

tbone2
06-19-2016, 09:51 PM
I've been using the Rescue Essentials AFAK for a couple of weeks now. I wear it on my right ankle and it balances my S&W 442 on my left. I've got it stocked with a Halo 2 pack chest seal, TK4, H&H mini bandage, and a QuickClot gauze. It stays in place for a 12 hour shift and is comfortable. I wear traditional cut uniform pants and haven't had much of a problem with concealment. Once in awhile the pant cuff will ride up but after a few steps out of the cruiser it drops back down. 8646

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Tapatalk

Dropkick
06-20-2016, 08:59 AM
The Rescue Essentials didn't work for me, it was too long to wrap over my sock. Looks like it was designed for over boots only.

JPedersen
06-20-2016, 10:42 AM
http://i.imgur.com/olHPzkd.jpg (http://www.vdmsr.com/2016/06/afak-edc.html)

Not trying to sidetrack the thread - but what fixed blade / sheath combo is that ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jason M
06-20-2016, 12:18 PM
I have been using the Rogue American product for some time. As others have mentioned, it is thick due to lots of padding. Lots of unneeded padding. Just ordered a Ryker!

Pennzoil
06-20-2016, 03:28 PM
I have been using the Rogue American product for some time. As others have mentioned, it is thick due to lots of padding. Lots of unneeded padding. Just ordered a Ryker!

Thank you for considering our product and for your business! Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

voodoo_man
06-22-2016, 11:47 AM
http://i.imgur.com/snmH1rz.jpg

Dropkick
06-22-2016, 02:16 PM
I wish the Ryker had an version for something besides shears... Like a dedicated TQ pocket, another full size pocket, or a pocket for a Benchmade 7 hook.

Pennzoil
06-22-2016, 03:09 PM
I wish the Ryker had an version for something besides shears... Like a dedicated TQ pocket, another full size pocket, or a pocket for a Benchmade 7 hook.

Thanks for the feedback.

I have something in mind for this but haven't been able to work on it yet.

I run a Klever Cutter in mine. It does well on seat belts, jeans and shirts.

As a family we do regular medical training and I decided to take some shilling photos while we trained. Here is my 8yr old trying out the Klever Cutter for the first time. She liked it.

You know what you have in a wife when you say "got any extra pants so we can cover them in fake blood and cut them off you?" And she's like sure one sec.

Pennzoil
06-22-2016, 03:13 PM
http://i.imgur.com/snmH1rz.jpg

Excellent Photo! Thanks for sharing

scw2
06-22-2016, 03:52 PM
Pennzoil or others with the Ryker kit, is there anyway to get the kit to stay up higher on the ankle? Mine slides down often due legs being thicker on top, which is normally fine, except when I'd rather not have it as visible or obvious. I run into this issue since I wear shoes instead of a boot that could help keep the kit up. Luckily it's still a small enough size I just toss it into a pocket, but would like to have more real estate there to carry other stuff if possible.

Jason M
06-22-2016, 04:16 PM
My Ryker just arrived in the mail today! The thing is really well made and will be stocked and in service by the weekend. I like the layout of the compartments. Scissors to the rear with the TQ on the inside and the IZZY on the outside of the ankle.

Dropkick
06-22-2016, 04:17 PM
I have something in mind for this but haven't been able to work on it yet.
I run a Klever Cutter in mine. It does well on seat belts, jeans and shirts.

I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with. And in the mean time the Klever Cutter seems to be a good stand in. :)

voodoo_man
06-22-2016, 04:24 PM
Pennzoil or others with the Ryker kit, is there anyway to get the kit to stay up higher on the ankle? Mine slides down often due legs being thicker on top, which is normally fine, except when I'd rather not have it as visible or obvious. I run into this issue since I wear shoes instead of a boot that could help keep the kit up. Luckily it's still a small enough size I just toss it into a pocket, but would like to have more real estate there to carry other stuff if possible.

I just Velcro tight it when put it on. At work I wear a boot so it stays in place but when I wear low cut shoes I don't mind it right at my ankle.

Pennzoil
06-22-2016, 05:32 PM
What Voodoo said and if that doesn't work another option to try is to channel your inner 80's (http://youtu.be/vWz9VN40nCA).

Cut the top off a long sock and roll it up like an ankle sweat band as a shelf for the AFAK to sit on. Then wear a sock over it with AFAK over that. IF this makes sense.

I always wear tall Danner boots as I need the ankle support after the VA got a hold of my tibia, fibula and ankle. SO I don't run into this problem much.
http://i1052.photobucket.com/albums/s456/rockyblend/7803f947-6376-4d3c-aa64-72c282ec0f9c_zpshc08j6cg.jpg (http://s1052.photobucket.com/user/rockyblend/media/7803f947-6376-4d3c-aa64-72c282ec0f9c_zpshc08j6cg.jpg.html)
http://i1052.photobucket.com/albums/s456/rockyblend/f904e594-f4fd-4796-bc0f-256083f96a8f_zpsfnpf1rws.jpg (http://s1052.photobucket.com/user/rockyblend/media/f904e594-f4fd-4796-bc0f-256083f96a8f_zpsfnpf1rws.jpg.html)
http://i1052.photobucket.com/albums/s456/rockyblend/4c7e5ab7-c346-4625-b9fd-548480dcbb47_zps4aiu23ue.jpg (http://s1052.photobucket.com/user/rockyblend/media/4c7e5ab7-c346-4625-b9fd-548480dcbb47_zps4aiu23ue.jpg.html)

MTGholsters
06-22-2016, 07:31 PM
We have done two reviews on them over at blacksheepwarrior.com
https://www.blacksheepwarrior.com/strike-industries-ankle-med-system-ver-2-review/
https://www.blacksheepwarrior.com/ricci-ankle-medical-system-ams-review/
Hope that helps!
Will

El Cid
07-24-2020, 04:23 PM
Anyone have any long term results or feedback? What’s the favored ankle kit these days? I need something to carry a spare Glock mag, Celox bandage, chest seal, and CAT TQ.

I’ve used the Ricci (strike industries) for years. Initially they lasted well over a year, close to two for every day wear. The last couple the Velcro has failed after only a couple months. They replace them free of charge but I’m over it.

https://i.imgur.com/MbksIwc_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

TC215
07-24-2020, 04:31 PM
Anyone have any long term results or feedback? What’s the favored ankle kit these days? I need something to carry a spare Glock mag, Celox bandage, chest seal, and CAT TQ.

I’ve used the Ricci (strike industries) for years. Initially they lasted well over a year, close to two for every day wear. The last couple the Velcro has failed after only a couple months. They replace them free of charge but I’m over it.

I've been carrying the Ryker for a couple of years, and it is holding up fine. I bought them for our entire narc unit before I left the PD, and those guys are still using them without issue.

https://i.imgur.com/2UT8mKo.jpg

El Cid
07-24-2020, 04:45 PM
I've been carrying the Ryker for a couple of years, and it is holding up fine. I bought them for our entire narc unit before I left the PD, and those guys are still using them without issue.

https://i.imgur.com/2UT8mKo.jpg

Good intel - thanks!

TGS
07-24-2020, 05:13 PM
I'm still using the first Rescue Essentials ankle kit that I bought in 2015 or so.

Kram
07-24-2020, 06:48 PM
Another vote for the Ryker AFAK. Been using mine during every shift since 2017 with zero issues. It's super comfortable once it "molds" to your ankle and the Velcro is holding up like it was on day one.

BobM
07-24-2020, 07:50 PM
I’m still using the Ryker I bought when they first came out. No issues.