PDA

View Full Version : Illinois AG wants names of gun owners to be released to the press...

F-Trooper05
03-01-2011, 05:50 PM
Wow...

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/opinions/view/opinion/Illinois-Attorney-General-Instructs-Police-to-Release-Names-of-Gun-Owners-7196/

David
03-01-2011, 07:08 PM
Hmm, seems like a better idea for those who live in Illinois would be to buy their guns "off the books" if that's the case. I've never registered a gun so I don't know what all is involved in that.

LittleLebowski
03-01-2011, 07:09 PM
I don't see how this is a good thing for anyone except for the state of Illinois expressing outright, its hostility towards gun owners.

What are they trying to accomplish here?

David
03-01-2011, 07:17 PM

To them the gun is the criminal, the person who holds the gun during the crime is simply an unsuspecting innocent youth who was provoked into this life of crime by an unfair life due to inequalities and lack of social justice. They figure if they get rid of guns then the troubled youth will take up gardening or perhaps Zen Buddhism and spend endless hours contemplating their navel.

Kyle Reese
03-01-2011, 07:27 PM
You just summed it up. Screwing gun owners and shaming them into submission is their primary goal.

It will also give criminals a shopping list of homes where firearms are stored.

I don't see how this is a good thing for anyone except for the state of Illinois expressing outright, its hostility towards gun owners.

SecondsCount
03-01-2011, 08:17 PM
I escaped IL over 10 years ago but I wonder if my name will be on the list?

If it is then I wonder if there is any recourse I could take??

MTechnik
03-01-2011, 08:38 PM

I will say it's a good list of homes to NOT break in to.

LittleLebowski
03-01-2011, 09:00 PM
Reminds me of a Seinfeld episode :D

I like to encourage intruders.

MechEng
03-01-2011, 09:29 PM
Anti-gun politicians have been trying this crap, in various states all over the country, with carry permit holders. It's all about Shaming us gun owners. The IDEA is that everyone knows who owns guns and now they can judge us accordingly. The HOPE is that this will make trouble for us in our daily lives. For example, potential employers that find out we own guns can turn us down for jobs. Potential memberships into churches, clubs, organizations, etc... can be rejected.

It's typical immature & illogical liberal behavior similar to what all the democrats in the Wisconsin legislature are doing. They know they can't win the game so lets run away with the ball or act in a spiteful manner.

Phill
03-05-2011, 08:24 PM
Personally think that in our case(retired) that it may add another layer of protection. For years we shot along side of the house on a set of steel tartgets that stayed up year round. Over the years we became those crazy people that practice with guns all of the time. They are gone since the neighbor built a house directly south of the range, maybe this will take their place. Just trying to put a happy face on more s**t from the chikaga gangsters.

Wheeler
03-06-2011, 08:15 AM
Hmm, seems like a better idea for those who live in Illinois would be to buy their guns "off the books" if that's the case. I've never registered a gun so I don't know what all is involved in that.

There's no way to do that legally in Illinois. The state requires all residents to have a FOID (Firearms Owner Identification Card) to own a firearm, purchase a firearm, or even purchase ammo.

It is a felony to carry a loaded firearm, unless you are hunting or on a target range. It really is an anti-gun state, but then again, the state follows whatever precedence that Chicago sets, so it's really not that surprising.

Wheeler

Ga Shooter
03-06-2011, 02:43 PM
My brother lives in Illinois and he is more anti-gun than pro-gun (but mostly neutral), but for the most part the people of the state in general are very progun (from what I have seen). There is a lot of farmland and rural areas and signs on the highways that rear GUNS SAVE PEOPLE. The problem with the state is Chicago and the city rules everything else in the state. The people ther need help with the anitgun minority that have all the power. Just my .02.

JodyH
03-06-2011, 09:49 PM
Try to get a pro-gun legislator to tack on an amendment that grants no exemptions.
If Joe Sixpack get's his name and home address published so does every politician, celebrity, judge, police officer, business executive, lawyer, socialite and news editor.
:cool:

Kyle Reese
03-07-2011, 12:08 PM
I'd support that, but with it being Illinois, don't think that will ever happen.

Try to get a pro-gun legislator to tack on an amendment that grants no exemptions.
If Joe Sixpack get's his name and home address published so does every politician, celebrity, judge, police officer, business executive, lawyer, socialite and news editor.
:cool: